Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 17.4%

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Sorry this took so long to get up, but we had a lot of... technical difficulties and editing before we could make a formal announcement. By now, plenty of you have probably seen it, so... let's discuss!

Your now-legal Statistics Manager, Tucayo is here with some cool stats!

Congratulations to:
*Everyone on The 'Shroom's 1900th section!
*The Main/Staff Team on getting to 700 sections!
*The Art & Music Team on getting to 200 sections!
*Dippy on writing his 30th Staff/Main section, he got from 20 to 30 in just 4 issues.
*Marioguy1 on his 40th Staff/Main section and on his 90th overall section. It took him 3 issues to get from 30 to 40.
*Stoob on his 40th Staff/Main section. And it was interviewing me!
*Toad85 on his 10th Main section.
*Post-Damage Invincibility on his 5th Main section.
*Bop1996, Count Bonsula, Iggy Pattel, Mario4Ever, Paper Yoshi, Phoenix, Snack, Super-Yoshi and Walkazo on their first Main section.
*Gamefreak75 on his 30th Fun Stuff section.
*FunkyK38 on her 30th Pipe Plaza section.
*The Pipe Plaza Team on their 200th section.
*Myself on my 170th overall section.
*SMB on his 80th overall section.

Welcome back (for this issue):
*QuizmoManiac, who had last written a Main secrion in Issue XLVII (Feb 2011)
*Superchao, who had last written for us in Issue VIII (Aug 2007)

Setting a record:
*Superchao, with the longest gap between sections (58 months)

It's excellent. I'm glad I had the opportunity to be a part of it.

I really enjoyed it. There were very few weak sections and I enjoyed reading the special sections immensely as well. Almost everything stood out as better than usual, and I really could tell that the Core Staff worked hard to make this a very special issue.

Two extra things:

1. You got Phoenix to write a special section somehow and I love that
2. I wrote more than M4E did HA

Monobear said:
I really enjoyed it. There were very few weak sections and I enjoyed reading the special sections immensely as well. Almost everything stood out as better than usual, and I really could tell that the Core Staff worked hard to make this a very special issue.

Two extra things:

At least M4E did his on an N64 game so HA

Quality over quantity, Bop. ;)

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's just my computer, but on the main page, that vertical blue character-adorned border cuts into the History of Video Games rounded rectangle thing as well as the Dangan Ronpa one.

clear your cache and it should work properly

oooooh shit, uhh yeah give us some time with that. Me and 2257 will do our best to work that out as soon as possible.

EDIT: Is it good now?

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
oooooh shit, uhh yeah give us some time with that. Me and 2257 will do our best to work that out as soon as possible.

EDIT: Is it good now?
I tried it with all the common browsers and it works fine.

Plunderbird said:
Monobear said:

Two extra things:

At least M4E did his on an N64 game so HA

Pointing out the flaws in Twilight Princess is like bread. It goes well with everything!! :D

Er, I had actually planned to do my review on odd-numbered months, so is there any chance you can add in my section, or is it too late?

Also, good job to Crash, Dippy and 22 for the new look!

I actually had to cut mine short.

I was originally going to add Tetris, The Legend of Zelda, and a more comprehensive review of cheat codes throughout the NES's life, but I had to axe most of it in order to meet the deadline.

Nabber said:
Er, I had actually planned to do my review on odd-numbered months, so is there any chance you can add in my section, or is it too late?
check out the new sub-team

Well would you look at that, I could have just scrolled down the page and save myself the embarrassment. This is why I need to read the sections in order.

I liked it... I give it a 10

There should be more cool articles like these.

Everyone remember to vote for the overall Section of the Month! Voting closes August 11th, and remember this is for the overall SOTM entailing all sections. We are testing a new voting system for individual sub-teams (and main sections) to give smaller sections a chance to shine, since it's unfair to pit, say, Crossword against A History of Video Games. So don't forget to vote for the individual sub-SotMs as well; you'll find the sub-team ones embedded at the end of every sub-team, and the Main one on the SOTM page.

And don't forget to fill in the Feedback Survey for this issue. It's a bit chunky, but considering all the changes we've made, it's important to get as much input as we can. Please fill it in when you have the time; we do take every comment into account, and will do our best to make the newsletter as convenient as possible for our readers. The Feedback Survey is here.

This month's Spotlight is Super Mario 64, so definitely ask Marioguy1 for details about that if you're interested in contributing to the Wiki more directly.

We have a new Facebook page, or rather it's been there for a while and we forgot to update it. If you have a Facebook account, like The 'Shroom and show your support! Here it is.

Thank you so much to everyone who put the effort and support in to make this special issue possible. I think it's safe to say after all the time and hard work poured into this by all our contributors, it's been a massive success! It's back to normal next month, but we hope this Special Issue will go down as one of The 'Shroom's finest moments.

I just finished reading the entire issue.

This is, hands down, one of the finest -- if not the finest -- endeavor The 'Shroom staff and writers have made in the paper's history. Despite its initially intimidating length, the issue proves to be nothing short of entertaining, and remains a solid read for nearly the whole issue.

There are so many sections that I enjoyed this month. Both from our recurring writers and our guest writers. I am going to have a very hard time choosing section of the month this month. Walkazo's, I found extremely interesting; the Travel Guide x15 clearly had countless hours of work put into it; Pattel's comic is in a brilliant style; Dippy's Matilda is very truthful and raises some good points about female roles in video games; Blocky's section was informative and nice view into the Dangan Ronpa's fan's views around here; Quizmo's section was surprisingly funny; Critic Corner had some particularly detailed reviews (plus it's nice to finally see a sub-team just for reviewing); Fake News and Fun Stuff were also more entertaining than usual; Tucayo's FTMV was elaborate and user-friendly; hell, even TFP's section managed to put a smile on my face.

EDIT: Man, there was so much great stuff, I completely forgot about M4E's and Bop's reviews. I quite enjoyed them (although I've not played the games, I have to say, Conker's Bad Fur Day seems pretty...uhh...interesting). And Uniju's section was completely unexpected and clever. Loved it. Great job. Snack's section was also a nicely nostalgic read.

Maybe it was just the overall massiveness and detail of the issue that's made me so happy as a reader, but this issue really seems to stand out as one that had a lot of effort put into it by everyone. I would love to see more issues like this, even if it were just some more off-the-wall sections and guest sections -- sometimes those are my favorite.

And on top of that, the entire re-skin of the paper (plus the N64-ized images) was gorgeous. Amazing job Edo. The main page redesign is really easy to navigate and looks really smooth, too. Dippy, 2257, and Crash did great work on that.

You all really outdid yourselves this month. Give yourselves some pats on the back; you did fantastic work.
thumbup.gif

It irks me that I forgot to upload the picture that went along with my notes directly with the upload, instead of several hours after the upload.

For some reason, that reminds me:

Interview said:
Editor's note: Really tempted, but I'd have to bend all the way down just to get you, so nah.
Well played.

ALSO, congratulations to Dippy for winning the Poll Chairperson election. You'll do a fine job bro. :)

Stooben said:
For some reason, that reminds me:

Interview said:
Editor's note: Really tempted, but I'd have to bend all the way down just to get you, so nah.
Well played.

ALSO, congratulations to Dippy for winning the Poll Chairperson election. You'll do a fine job bro. :)
Hey, I'm slightly taller than Stoob. Or so I think.

Damn, I'm so happy with how this has turned out. There are still some rough edges with some of the new stuff we're trying out, but Feedback Surveys are good for fixing that. Surely the finest achievement in my time as a core staff member.

I can't thank you all enough for helping us make this special issue so amazing. Now let's please not do something like this again for a while, it was so stressful and it ruined my diet.

Back