The London 2012 Olympics

Byakuya Togami said:
According to Yahoo!'s medal count, Venezuela has one medal (gold). In what, I don't know, since I'm not watching the Games.
ohwell.

at least we got a gold medal!

So yesterday the USA was on pace for 196 points against Nigeria in basketball after the first quarter.

Damn bastards only scored 156. Disgraceful.

OLD AND I ALREADY BROUGHT IT UP BUT WE GOT SILVER IN ARCHERY

SUCK IT SUCK IT

AND THEY ACTUALLY BROADCASTED IT THIS TIME

YEFFFFF

Did anyone see the shotput? Reese Hoffa of the USA got the bronze. I think Germany got the silver and Poland the gold.

I love how the U.S. seems to care more about its citizens' proficiency in sports than it does about its less-than-impressive education standards and infrastructure in relation to those of other "civilized" countries.

We care about those things too.

It's just that we can always celebrate our success at the Olympics because we always win and fuck yeah America.

Byakuya Togami said:
I love how the U.S. seems to care more about its citizens' proficiency in sports than it does about its less-than-impressive education standards and infrastructure in relation to those of other "civilized" countries.

i love how your post is remarkably irrelevant and incoherent

Rat said:
We care about those things too.

It's just that we can always celebrate our success at the Olympics because we always win and fuck yeah America.
Not really. If we cared we would stop cutting the budget and then putting such a huge emphasis on sports in schools.

Apparently, Australia has been getting a lot of silvers. We got one gold medal on the first day, but everything went downhill from there.

Also, water polo is a hilarious concept. It's soccer...in the water. Kinda like Blitzball, except without the underwater breathing bit.

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Byakuya Togami said:

It's not irrelevant (if you find it incoherent, I guess I can't do anything about that). Athletes receive more recognition and money than do our education standards, our infrastructure, and the people in charge of maintaining/improving them. Being ahead (or close to ahead at present) in the medal count is, in my opinion, less of an achievement than it was in the past or could be in the future as long as the U.S. is behind in education, infrastructure, and other areas and as long as it is ahead in unsavory areas such as obesity, since our rankings in these areas matter more than athletic rankings in the long run.

I heard that Venezuela earned a gold medal in fencing... oh it was that one.

Byakuya Togami said:
Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Byakuya Togami said:

It's not irrelevant (if you find it incoherent, I guess I can't do anything about that). Athletes receive more recognition and money than do our education standards, our infrastructure, and the people in charge of maintaining/improving them. Being ahead (or close to ahead at present) in the medal count is, in my opinion, less of an achievement than it was in the past or could be in the future as long as the U.S. is behind in education, infrastructure, and other areas and as long as it is ahead in unsavory areas such as obesity, since our rankings in these areas matter more than athletic rankings in the long run.

spamming those words don't make you sound any less dumb

why you're even relating the olympics to education or how you find it relevant in any sense is beyond me, but

you know what fuck this why am i wasting my time

The whole thing was just fantastic. From the opening ceremony, through all the events, right down to the closing ceremony, it made me proud to be British.

I loved the Closing Ceremony, every bit of it. Except when Jacques Rogge started talking, that bored me to no end.

Back