NSM's Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario Thread

Which one?

• Paper Mario (N64)

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Super Mario RPG (SNES)

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Mario Kart 64 (N64)

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other? (Doesn't have to be Mario, but preferably Nintendo)

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
So, I plan on getting more Wii points soon, probably like next month.

But I can't decide what game to get. So, please vote on the poll, and give me reasons why you think that game is the best.

Also, I am getting a 20 point card, so you can vote for two if you want.

And does anyone know when the Wii Shop will close? With the Wii U coming out soon, I want to try and get as much as I can.

Thanks for your help!

~NSM

Re: Which game should I get?

I'd say paper Mario; it's a really fun game just like TTYD.

3 Paper Marios.

Everyone says SMRPG is good. I'm concerned over the graphics, cause judging them from the wiki, some of the characters' artworks look weird.

IMO I say Paper Mario, Super Mario RPG isn't exactly specific on things, like it's not specific on timing moves and doesn't say what the status aliments do. =P

Though since you played TTYD first, you might have trouble doing the action commands on the first Paper Mario, but you get used to it eventually. :p
(You can only do the action command after a certain point in the game though)

Get PM, but if you are a big side-quest player like me, you might be annoyed.

Recipes, tattles, star pieces, badges...nothing really other that a number completed at Mario's house lets you know what you have. I gets on my nerves not knowing specific details about what I got...

New Super Mario said:
3 Paper Marios.

Everyone says SMRPG is good. I'm concerned over the graphics, cause judging them from the wiki, some of the characters' artworks look weird.
The artworks look weird but in game they are fine.

Paper Mario, I haven't played through it fully, but it's definitely still fun. Not as good as TTYD, IMO, but still fun.

Also Mario Kart 64 for second choice. That game is still pretty fun to me.

PM or MK64

I wouldn't do SMRPG, I read a comment on YouTube Chuggaconroy hated doing an LP for the game, the comment could be a lie though.

Super Mario RPG. Game's one of the best RPGs I've ever played and stands as one of my favorite Mario games.

YoshiGo99 said:
PM or MK64

I wouldn't do SMRPG, I read a comment on YouTube Chuggaconroy hated doing an LP for the game, the comment could be a lie though.

Do you believe everything you read?

So, I think I'll get Paper Mario. Also can all these games be played with the gamecube controller or wii remote? Because that's what I would use.

I'm still debating over SMRPG and Mario Kart 64 though.

Mario Kart 64, I'd get it because it is a Mario Kart game, and I haven't played the game for SO long. But again......

SMRPG sounds fun because it is an rpg. Is it a pretty easy game? Also, does it have a good plot? I know it has the Smithy guy, right.

Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG, in my opinion.

Definitely get Paper Mario. It's not as good as TTYD, but it's still pretty great.

I haven't played SMRPG, so I can't help on that one, and I don't really like MK64 that much.

I would suggest against Mario Kart 64. The AI in that game is enough to put you back from playing it

Boidoh said:
New Super Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:
I would suggest against Mario Kart 64. The AI in that game is enough to put you back from playing it
Sorry if it's a dumb question, but what's AI?

Artifical Intelligence
Oh, right.

How bad is it? Is it really THAT bad. Besides, I have 2 siblings to play with if they'd want too.

It's pretty bad. Specific CPU players will stay behind your butt no matter what you do to them. In harder difficulties, they might actually speed AHEAD, leaving you in second place in the dust while they are comfortably in the lead while you can't do much to them.

It's probably the worst AI in the series barring the item abusing freaks in Super Mario Kart.

Crackin355 said:
YoshiGo99 said:
PM or MK64

Do you believe everything you read?
Not everything but I did think it was kind of a boring game.

Back