NSM's Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario Thread

Which one?

• Paper Mario (N64)

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Super Mario RPG (SNES)

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Mario Kart 64 (N64)

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other? (Doesn't have to be Mario, but preferably Nintendo)

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Re: Which game should I get?

Just get Paper Mario, enemies helping Mario on his adventure??? THAT'S SO AWESOME.

And Mario Kart.

pm and smrpg

smrpg is an excellent game, fuck the graphics

Baby Luigi said:
It's pretty bad. Specific CPU players will stay behind your butt no matter what you do to them. In harder difficulties, they might actually speed AHEAD, leaving you in second place in the dust while they are comfortably in the lead while you can't do much to them.

It's probably the worst AI in the series barring the item abusing freaks in Super Mario Kart.
I agree with this advice, avoid Kart 64, the AI is bad enough to make this game at least a 5/10.

So, I think I'll get a card this weekend. And I am leaning towards Paper Mario and SMRPG.

Also, I think there is a card up for grabs for the Awards prizes, and I have a lot of points from last year, so I have a good chance of getting that too. If I get it, I'll probably get Mario Kart 64 and maybe Mario Tennis, or Party or some other game. Maybe Kirby something.

SMRPG is a very great game. The graphics aren't even bad. At least they're stable and don't flicker shades/brightness like some games. Gameplay is amazing, and the plot is very original. There are so many places to visit, and do many things to do. Not only that, but the music is just outstanding!

PM is better though IMO, but SMRPG is right behind it.

I would advise you to not get SMRPG if you would play it with a gamecube controller since it might be awkward to play because the SNES's button layout is different. But if you have a classic controller, then it isn't a problem.
And i speak from experience, SMW is very annoying to play as it requires holding down Y to run an B to jump. SMRPG might not be as bad though.

Do not get Mario Kart 64 unless you like racing bad AI.

likesorange said:
I would advise you to not get SMRPG if you would play it with a gamecube controller since it might be awkward to play because the SNES's button layout is different. But if you have a classic controller, then it isn't a problem.
And i speak from experience, SMW is very annoying to play as it requires holding down Y to run an B to jump. SMRPG might not be as bad though.
It actually seems pretty good.

Anyway, got the games today.

SMRPG seems fun, and challenging. My eyes got kinda sore from it or something, but I'll get used to that.

Paper Mario is great, but I need to play more of it.

So, I played more today. Super Mario RPG is REALLY Fun!

SMRPG:

I love Mallow's Thunderbolt move. HP Drain, is ok, but I prefer using mushrooms if I have them.

Also, Mario's Fire Orb is very good. I noticed it is very powerful against Frogogs.

I will play more today. I just beat Mack. The Shy Guys on pogo sticks are awesome!

Paper Mario:

Didn't get to play it to much cause my sister kicked me off.

Beat King Goomba/Goomboss or whatever.

It seems fun, but I think it might take me a while to get into the plot, kinda like TTYD.

So, played more:

Paper Mario:

Completed the whole first chapter. The Koopa Bros were very easy.

Also, I already have Bombette. Seems a bit rushed for the partners IMO. I just got Kooper and you're giving me her too! Plus, Bombette didn't have much backstory or anything.

Anyway, for all the partners I got, I rate it like this:

Bombette < Goombario < Kooper

Kooper's second move is amazing. Goombario is average so I put him there. Bombette isn't very good, and you have to us FP for her bomb unlike Bobbery.

SMRPG:

I like Mallow. Going to get Geno soon. Tips for the lost forest or whatever?

Mallow is awesome when he learns all of his moves.

I don't see nothing so special on Geno whatsoever.

New Super Mario said:
Completed the whole first chapter. The Koopa Bros were very easy.
wait until skulldug gets here

New Super Mario said:
I like Mallow. Going to get Geno soon. Tips for the lost forest or whatever?
Well, bring a lot of items, because the enemies there are quite tough because you'll most likely be underlevelled.

I don't like Geno's Finger Shot. I am looking forward to buying something better for him.

I got cymbals for Mallow, and I like them. I am not sure if I like the punch thing better than the shell for Mario though.

So, I beat Bowyer. It was easy since I had all the items in my inventory. Used a lot of Geno beams.

In Moleville right now. Got passed with Croc's bomb, and stopped at the save point.

I really like the Croc boss dude. He should return in another game.

The Nokonoko Shell is more powerful than the punching. I kept it as my weapon and I could beat the Donkey Kong-like Gorillas pretty fast.

New Super Mario said:
So I just beat the cake boss and got Princess Peach.

Who would you recommend using from this point forward? Geno and Bowser?
Geno & Peach are a great pair. Geno is solid power, and Peach can do decent damage with Psych Bomb (but you don't have that yet, I think), and can heal you ANY TIME with Group Hug.

Hm. I think I might switch off a bit with Bowser and Geno and probably keep Peach. I'll play later tomorrow.

Did more Paper Mario. I got Parakarry, but he's nothing compared to Kooper.

Parakarry sucks ass, he needs FP for victory.

Also, Peach's AI in Mario Kart 64 will make you throw your controller at the wall.

Parakerry's sky drive move is quite hard to pull off but his shell shot move does do decent damage to enemies for early parts of the game.

His only not very good move is Air Lift because this is only useful when there only is one enemy left and that your very close to dieing.

Ari Raid, his ultra rank move can do massive damage to the entire felid, can be very useful if your fighting a lot of enemies with high HP

IceShadow1195 said:
Also, Peach's AI in Mario Kart 64 will make you throw your controller at the wall.

[quote author=the fucking topic title]
NSM's Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario Thread
[/quote]

For stuff on Parakarry, see my Partners Tier List topic in Fan Creations.

Back