Gravity Falls

I can't say I'm surprised, but I can't say I like it either.

It's a huge shame that this amazing show is ending. It's one of the best I have ever seen, but hopefully Alex makes more cartoons after this.

It's not cancelled: they planned this season to be the last one going into it. Having seen many series (particularity sci-fi) get extended past their planned finales and needing to scramble to come up with new story arcs to replace everything they tied up all neat and tidily (only to get cancelled before they have a chance to properly end the new plots they had to improvise), I'm happy to hear that Gravity Falls gets to go out on its own terms.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Alex Hirsch had said before that he had always planned to make the series only two or three seasons. Kinda wish we got a third season, but if he's made everything he's wanted to made, I'm glad he's not trying to extend the show's lifetime.

Oh shit, ending already?

I gotta catch the fuck up before it ends and Disney pulls all reruns and never releases DVDs like all the other good Disney Toons before it. And meanwhile we'll get 50 Best of Pickle and Peanut.

Magikrazy said:
Oh shit, ending already?

I gotta catch the fuck up before it ends and Disney pulls all reruns and never releases DVDs like all the other good Disney Toons before it. And meanwhile we'll get 50 Best of Pickle and Peanut.
>Cartoon Network and Disney XD in a Nutshell

that wendip moment was a tug at the heartstrings, alex why ;_;

but yeah, good episode overall. mabeland really reminded me of cloud cuckoo land from the lego movie, it was a perfect summary of mabel's personality

also thoughts on the ending: stan's thankfully alive, I find it weird that robbie wasn't there, and PACIFICA'S BACK, LAST COURSE FOR THE DIPCIFICA SHIP MAKE IT HAPPEN PLS
Welp, one more episode left. This is going to be a painful December.

I liked the episode but it wasn't quite what I expected... hopefully the final answer will give us some answers.

Now for some theories I have!
Who or Why is there a force field not allowing Bill and his weirdness to expand? I think it was Stanley with the help of Celestabellebethabelle. She appeared in the shack with others at the end of the episode and Ford said Unicorn hair would make a force field to keep Bill out, in this case, it will keep Bill in. Stanley probably knew this because he made copies from the journals before and he's spent numerous times reading them back when he tried to save Ford.

The second theory of that is that the Wheel we have seen throughout the series might indicate who Bill needs to dispose of (just get rid of) in order to let his weirdness run free. He has taken out Ford, and Robbie, Gideon's whereabouts are unknown and the journals are gone. I know we don't exactly know what the symbols really indicate but that's what I think. Bill almost trapped Mabel, Dipper, Wendy and Soos but they escaped the trap.

Also the elementary school in the flashback was a location shown when Blendin arrived back in D&MvTF

Nabber said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure Alex Hirsch had said before that he had always planned to make the series only two or three seasons. Kinda wish we got a third season, but if he's made everything he's wanted to made, I'm glad he's not trying to extend the show's lifetime.

I have a feeling he was supposed to make it three seasons but tensions with disney kept on growing and he had enough. The latter half of the second season seems really rushed and I would honestly be flabbergasted if this is how we really wanted it to pan out. Not saying the episodes are bad by any means, but the pacing is really bad, imo.

yeah i guess

season 1 was more or less ~~filler~~ episodes whereas season 2 was mostly just plot

but that gives it consistency within seasons, at least

iirc originally the big reveal in Not What He Seems was going to be the season 2 finisher, but the fandom figured it out too fast so it got pushed forward to midway in season 2. i assume what was planned for season 3 became the second half of season 2

So during my hiatus I ended up falling in love with this show. Unfortunately that was during season 2 and now it's almost over. Siiiiiiigh.

Ayyy. I'm gonna post my reaction to the new Gravity Falls here. There's been word someone will die. I think it's Stan. So if you want to join in, feel free. The more, the merrier! You can also talk about theories, opinions, or other stuff like that. See you at 8:00! (In my time) :yoshi:

FUCK ME I COMPLETELY FORGOT HIS WAS ON TONIGHT

Checked the guide and they're taking the block after for a repeat showing. Whew! That could've gone a lot worse.

I'm not crying, I just caught something in my eyes

TEARS ;_;

honestly that was the most emotional finale I've ever seen. while it wasn't perfect (rip dipcifica) it was still bittersweet and I loved every minute of it. bill's singing voice, the anime as hell shacktron, and that ending...goddamn

probably the biggest surprise imo was blubbs x durland becoming canon. that makes it the third popular cartoon now with same-sex romance, and it's a big sign of change for animation overall

so...yeah. that's it. hirsch, thank you so much for making this wonderful show. it was the first one I really got into and there's nothing else like it: amazing characters, amazing story, amazing comedy...I'm really going to miss this show. on the bright side at least there could be some specials and comic books down the road, and there's still the journal coming out in the summer, so it's not the last time we'll see the characters at least

My only regret is that I didn't get hooked on the show until the 2nd season. Man, what a ride.

Really great episode. The twist was kind of obvious, imo, but I think it worked out fine.

Sad to see the show go.

Glad i sacrificed an hour of sleep to watch this

Christ that might actually rival avatar in terms of a perfect ending for a series holy fucking shit

I wanna type paragraphs upon paragraphs about it but honestly what else is there to be said other than im so glad every character received some kind of closure, even most of the minor ones, and that whilst im so glad they nailed the ending im also sad because it's over ;-;

although i will point out some of my favourite moments (that don't really involve any of the major resolutions which were all perfect btw) because why not:

The shack having a frickin dinosaur hand was both ridiculous and fucking awesome, especially when it ripped out Bill's eye

What a way to defeat bill. That shot of the town returning to normal with Bill's body and then Stan's was beautiful

The only part of the ep i wasn't wholly emotionally invested in was stan recovering from memory loss b/c that was obviously going to happen but still it was a great idea to use mabel's scrapbook

Blubs x Durland being canon was awesome, i honestly thought they'd kiss for a second there,but then they hugged instead which was just as sweet imo. I guess censors will only tolerate so much

Can we just get a spin-off featuring robbie's parents pls

Back