Meowth?

He was supposed to be playable in the original SSB but was cut due to limitations, two games later, he's still not playable, so I'm gonna have to say no.

I seriously doubt they would put him in, though I personally think he would make a pretty cool fighter. I wouldn't count him out entirely.

Possibly but I think Nintendo could be possibly afraid of giving too much attention to the first generation if they placed Meowth in. And I mean more so then they already do. I do like the First gen the best, but to be honest Lucario is the only rep to be playable from a Generation that's non-G1. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and all 3 of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon were all from the first 151. They had Pichu for the 2nd generation but that didn't turn out too well.

I hope not. They should have added him when they had the chance in Super Smash Bros. Now it's too late.

Though in the anime he was a recurring character more than Jigglypuff, I do think it's too late for a G1 representive if the staff want to add G5, G6 pokemon players in the fourth installment. And this would make tooo many pokemons even if Meowth was already in the first game.

Anser said:
I hope not. They should have added him when they had the chance in Super Smash Bros. Now it's too late.
Meowth! that's right!

sorry I could't help to not do that without making a direct agreement using that phrase.

Meowth's a neat choice and he does have some importance to the Pokemon series especially through his appearance in the Pokemon anime; however, it is true that adding Meowth could "overkill" the amount of first gen reps in SSB4. Even in Brawl, it seems like Mewtwo got the axe because of the additions of Lucario (a new gen rep) and the Pokemon Trainer (while a first gen, a character who had his concept supposedly be around since SSB64).

I wouldn't mind Meowth, but we'll have to see how good his chances can go. I don't mind too many first gen reps, but Nintendo might if they wanted a better representation of the whole series. Also there's the question of whether Jigglypuff will be staying once again (which most likely will happen since it stayed in Brawl) as Jigglypuff fills a roster spot as well - blocking access for Meowth (another first gen Pokemon) to enter the game.

Still Meowth has a chance, but how much is rather debatable....

Sauron said:
Could Meowth possibly become a playable character in SSB?
I certainly hope so. He's one of the most prominent Pokemon from Gen 1, thanks to the anime (other than Pikachu, Charizard, and Mewtwo, of course). Plus I'd think he would have an interesting moveset, mostly revolving around slashing, swiping, and Pay Day.

I just looked up, apparently Meowth can learn Feint, which can hit targets that use Protect or Detect. Perhaps that can be a good counter to the counter moves that Ike, Marth, and Lucario use.

Big McIntosh said:
that makes it another G1 Pokemon.

what? no it doesn't.

i'd love to see meowth in a smash bros. game, he could make a great fighter. especially the one from the anime. i think a team rocket final smash would be brilliant.

id personally prefer meowth over zoroark, pokemon trainer, or ANY other pokemon representative that isn't pikachu or jigglypuff because all my favorites have a low chance of getting in, and meowth could have a legit moveset, like his standard attacks could be scratching and whipping his tail around and such

and maybe for his final smash he can summon one of team rockets mechas to crush all the fighters and send them BLASTING OFF AGAIN

Pyro said:
id personally prefer meowth over zoroark, pokemon trainer, or ANY other pokemon representative that isn't pikachu or jigglypuff because all my favorites have a low chance of getting in, and meowth could have a legit moveset, like his standard attacks could be scratching and whipping his tail around and such

and maybe for his final smash he can summon one of team rockets mechas to crush all the fighters and send them BLASTING OFF AGAIN
PAY DAY

Father Dougal McGuire said:
Big McIntosh said:
that makes it another G1 Pokemon.

what? no it doesn't.

I like how you quoted my post but left out the two key terms thus completely changing the point of my post.

I was talking about Pichu, in response to SonicMario's comment and I said "technically, Pichu is a G1 Pokemon". That means Pichu isn't a G1 Pokemon in the normal sense, but it can be considered one.

Father Dougal McGuire said:
i'd love to see meowth in a smash bros. game, he could make a great fighter. especially the one from the anime. i think a team rocket final smash would be brilliant.

Pyro said:

And exactly how much content from the anime shows up in Super Smash Bros?

Big McIntosh said:
And exactly how much content from the anime shows up in Super Smash Bros?
I'm almost 100% certain the anime is the reason Jigglypuff showed up as a playable fighter to begin with.

I'm probably full of shit though.

Jigglypuff was pretty popular with the Japanese audience when the original Super Smash Bros. was being developed, I know that much. Although I'm not sure if the anime was responsible for Jigglypuff's popularity.

Anyway, I prefer Meowth as a Pokeball Pokemon. Then again, it'd be cool having some Pikachu vs. Meowth fights.

maybe we should all just take a lesson from crappycapturedevice

but anyway meowth shouldn't be a playable character

at least a full time playable character right from the start

maybe as an unlockable

or as dlc (yes nintendo'll probably use dlc for ssb4)

Big McIntosh said:
Jigglypuff was pretty popular with the Japanese audience when the original Super Smash Bros. was being developed, I know that much. Although I'm not sure if the anime was responsible for Jigglypuff's popularity.

Anyway, I prefer Meowth as a Pokeball Pokemon. Then again, it'd be cool having some Pikachu vs. Meowth fights.
I honestly don't remember Jigglypuff being a big star in the anime. Anyway, I thought they put in Jigglypuff because the model was similiar to Kirby

Back