Monsters University

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
May as well make the topic for it.
Basically, it's a prequel to Monsters, Inc.

Honestly, as much as I loved the original movie, I can't say I'm excited for this. It just doesn't look that great.

I was just somewhat disappointed.

COME GIVE US A FUCKING SEQUEL, NOT A PREQUEL.

I want to see what was behind that fucking door!

True. Though that is all anyone is saying in the comments for the video.

at least they're focusing on something that's not LAME-ASS as Cars.

OH GOD I FUCKING HATE THAT ONE.

At 0:28 Mike says "My pony made the dean's list."

Ladies and gentlemen, cue MLP fandom jumping on this movie.

Toad85 said:

That'd be rather dumb. You can say the word pony without thinking it has anything to do with Friendship is Magic.

Toad85 said:
I know, right?

But I can just tell that's what's going to happen.

I really don't think so. Or else the fandom would of jumped on absolutely everything that said the word pony on it.

Anyways, this doesn't seem like the sort of thing that's for a theatrical movie. Especially if the first Monsters Inc. gave an ending that makes room for a Sequel.

Northern Verve said:
Toad85 said:
I know, right?

But I can just tell that's what's going to happen.

I really don't think so. Or else the fandom would of jumped on absolutely everything that said the word pony on it.
>implying they don't already do that

Sayaka Maizono said:
If any Disney/Pixar movie deserves a sequel, it's The Incredibles.
This. Have Dash and Violet get older so they become full-fledged heroes, with possibly one of them having left the team for their own identity, one of them retired, and Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl having their age catching up with them. Bam, took me less than a minute to come up with a background plot. I really don't see what's keeping Pixar, especially since super-hero movies are all the rage these days.

But am I the only one excited for this? I mean, sure it isn't a sequel (Which I hope a possible Monsters Inc 3 will be in around a decade or so), but c'mon. Sully and Mike are back! Besides, this is Pixar's first prequel, so I'm glad they're taking a different direction instead of another sequel. But I guess I'm just in the minority. I'm just wondering who will be the villain in this...

Nabber said:
True. Though that is all anyone is saying in the comments for the video.
I didn't read the comments beforehand, but good, glad I'm not the only one.

Northern Verve said:
Toad85 said:

That'd be rather dumb. You can say the word pony without thinking it has anything to do with Friendship is Magic.
Er, trust me, I've seen some YouTube videos where bronies do the stupidest shit. But I disgress, I don't want the discussion to go off topic.

Count Mario said:
But am I the only one excited for this?

Nope. Definitely nope.

Baby Luigi said:
Count Mario said:
But am I the only one excited for this?

Nope. Definitely nope.
I'm excited too! I saw the trailer at the theater the other day at the movies! It looks funny! Haven't seen the video in first post yet.

Majin Buu said:
I just want to see whether Mike dresses riduclously as a teenager

Do you count wearing a retainer ridiculous?

Majin Buu said:
I just want to see whether Mike dresses riduclously as a teenager
He's actually going to wear a school team jacket like college jocks usually do. Well, it's concept art, but there's a chance:
180px-Monsters_University.jpg

Lario said:
This should be good. I have yet to watch Pixar's three latest films, though.
*spits out breakfast milk*
Listen, go watch them right now! I could care less about Cars 2 personally, but Toy Story 3 and Brave... I DEMAND YOU TO VIEW THESE MASTERPIECES YOU HAVE TAKEN FOR GRANTED!!!

Okay, I overreacted a bit. But seriously, find the time to watch these movies.

lol, pony. :P

Anyway, NOT too interested in this. Monsters Inc. wasn't exactly my FAVORITE Pixar movie, and seeing what Mike and Sulley were like in college DEFINITELY doesn't perk my interest.

Still, I want to see if this has Randall in it, just to see if there's anything ELSE to his character. Seriously, I've met a NUMBER of Randall fans who insist that he's just misunderstood, that there's subtle evidence that proves that he's just a pawn in Mr. Waternoose's plans and that his actions are slightly justified...

Some go too far by saying Mike and Sulley are jerks. Mike, maybe, but Sulley? Please.

Really, it's an interesting argument, because this was pretty much a time before Pixar went into making deeper, more compelling villains. Along with Hopper, Randall just seems like a character who's mean for the sake of being mean. There's no reason why he acts like he does, at least nothing given in the movie, so we're just left to assume the worst. Maybe with this prequel, we'll get to see more insight into his character.

Gogeta said:
The actor who played Waternoose died. I wonder if they'll get a new actor or not have him in at all.
I don't think he'll have any role in the movie, or a vital one if he does appear. I think he'll just be seen in a Monsters, Inc. commercial early in the movie to show what Monsters University is trying to achieve with their education and be mentioned once or twice. That's just me though.

Back