Video Game soundtracks that really move you.

Sometimes video games have music that really add an epic layer to the game. They are so beautifully orchestrated that you are on the point of breaking down right there and writing a 5 part essay on how beautiful the music is. You know what I'm talking about, music that shuts you up and tells you with a stern mental voice to just "Listen!".

For me, World of Goo and Drawn to Life had some great music.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, Dustforce, and Trine.

I like the Pokemon Diamond music, but I'm not sure it has a Soundtrack.

Machinarium is a terrific game that uses animations, simple gameplay and a beautiful soundtrack to tell its story and give life to its mute characters. Simply listening to the soundtrack on Youtube doesn't do it justice; you have to play the game to truly appreciate the context of its music.

For music that supposedly moves you people, you are remarkably unenthusiastic about it.

Pretty much the entire Mother 3 soundtrack.

Similarly to what Dippy stated with Machinarium, you need to play the game to realize the context it used in to truly appreciate it.

I never got around to finishing Mother 3, but what I did play had a superb soundtrack. Shogo Sakai is spectacular at catching emotion in his compositions.

Monobear said:
when this played over the credits, I was so happy. When I realised the credits loop endlessly until you click something, I was ecstatic. It really brings out the mysterious, ominous, and epic tone of the game.

Mario music is catchy, but I never thought of it much as moving.

Well, actually, Count Bleck's music and Dementio's added a layer of finality to the game that made you think to yourself that "This is it".

The soundtrack in Chrono Trigger always perfectly fits the atmosphere, from the peaceful melodies of the starting village, to the majestic fanfares of Guardia Castle, to the depressing post-apocalyptic world of 2300 A.D., to the primitive rhythms of 65,000,000 B.C., to the eerie atmosphere of Magus' Castle, to the epic battle themes the bosses have, to the tear-jerking "Memories of Crono", it truly adds a whole level of great design to the game.

Back