Where in the timeline should the next Zelda take place?

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
A Zelda game for the Wii U is inevitable. Where in the timeline should it take place? I say after Zelda II: the Adventure of Link

For reference:
http://www.zeldawiki.org/Zelda_Timeline
ZeldatimelineHHtranslation.png

I want it between the Sky Era and the Era of Chaos, with the plot showing the profession of Hyrule since its "new" discovery and how the races were divided at first, but became united which led to the forming of Hyrule in later years.

id love for the "hero is defeated" timeline to be expanded on, for example, another hero of time/a time traveling link that goes back to the ocarina of time era and messes things up so that the oot link dies.

its a stupid idea tbh but i just want the defeated hero timeline to not be a "what if" that nintendo threw out there for the sake of making sense of the games and to disregard the old zelda games. the adult and young link seperate timelines make perfect sense, the hero is defeated one just seems like an excuse due to nintendos poor plot planning

After Super Mario Bros. 3 (that would really shake things up).

Byakuya Togami said:

no no NO

the continuity would BE MESSED UP. after mario saves the princess, the plot leads RIGHT IN to super mario world. after super mario galaxy 2 just makes more perfect sense quit screwing things up for everyone!!!

No. It's one of life's great pleasures on the Internet.

Paper Jorge said:
Byakuya Togami said:

no no NO

the continuity would BE MESSED UP. after mario saves the princess, the plot leads RIGHT IN to super mario world. after super mario galaxy 2 just makes more perfect sense quit screwing things up for everyone!!!
You are a complete fool. Clearly, a Zelda game where Link sacrifices himself to allow the Mario Bros. and Peach to escape on a balloon to Dinosaur World would not only be terrible, but also make perfect sense.

I was actually thinking post-TP would be interesting. It would be the closest 'typical fantasy' with Ganondorf being defeated already and all.

Back