Are you still playing MP9?

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
Are you still playing it? I don't know about anyone else, but I am STOKED that they changed the forumula as they did. It was preceded by SEVEN sequels of the same thing over and over. I think the vehicle thing is a good thing. It may not be PERFECT, but it's a step in the right direction. Plus the Mini-games are the best they've been in multiple sequels. AS A WHOLE, they may be the best GROUP of Mini-games yet.

I only rented it. And I probably don't plan on getting it ever again. Yeah the Mini-games were pretty awesome, some of the best in quite a while. But the board gameplay turned me off to it. I know all Mario Party games had luck to it. But at the very least you could strategize some sort of plan (Unless a Chance Time during the last 5 turns thwarts everything you worked so hard for during the game) to try to win the game. In MP9 it's like they made Honeycomb Havoc, the mini-game from Mario Party 2 and expanded it into the main board gameplay. The Mini-Stars being the fruit, and the Ztars being the Honeycombs/Bees. And it just wasn't fun. And even Honeycomb Havoc had more strategy if you played it just right.

Northern Verve said:
I only rented it. And I probably don't plan on getting it ever again. Yeah the Mini-games were pretty awesome, some of the best in quite a while. But the board gameplay turned me off to it. I know all Mario Party games had luck to it. But at the very least you could strategize some sort of plan (Unless a Chance Time during the last 5 turns thwarts everything you worked so hard for during the game) to try to win the game. In MP9 it's like they made Honeycomb Havoc, the mini-game from Mario Party 2 and expanded it into the main board gameplay. The Mini-Stars being the fruit, and the Ztars being the Honeycombs/Bees. And it just wasn't fun. And even Honeycomb Havoc had more strategy if you played it just right.
I'll admit that just today did I finally save up enough to get it, and I have not lost a match yet. In Mario Partys 1-8, if you kicked ass at most of the mini-games, you were PROBABLY going to win. In Mario Party 9, if you kick ass at all the mini-games, you are STILL PROBABLY going to win. God forbid, they do something fresh. I can't believe people complain about the randomness of a board game-esque series. In real board games, it is 90-100% luck.

In Mario Pary 1-8, you could do everything right and still lose. The same is true for this game, albeit perhaps 10-15% less likely the best man will win. But I'll take it for freshness. Plus the Boss Fights! Little unique things like Scardey Rat! You're a fool for not buying the game, and I'm proud to say I have EVERY Mario Party in my collection, including this one, the best in a decade.

The only Mario Party that kept. Me playing for over a week was 3. And I played that for 2 years as a kid. Not every day, but every time I played the 64 I would play it as well as other games.

I do agree the change is good, but it definitely is extremely random. There Is little strategy, even winning in Minigames only gives you like, 3 more ministars than the others. Maybe next time they will fix the flaws in this play style.

Not that much anymore, but it's my favorite mario party. I've been lazy and haven't unlocked the characters because I am stuck playing too much choice challenge.

I loved the first one but then ignored the series until 8 since it just seemed the same but with different boards and mini games. Mario party is a game thats really only fun to play with friends but dull by yourself, for example watching your friend loose all his stars to you when both expected the opposite to happen in a chance game.

I have played nine at a friends house but disliked it since there's no strategy in board play since all the characters stay together, you can't choose separate routes and whatnot to try to get an advantage, its all linear.

yeah, i'm still playing it even though it's like 15 years old and mario party 27 already came out

Yeah, but it isn't released. They've been working on it for 4 years! They said they're bringing back ultra candy super mode In this one.

Back