G4's Top 100 Video Games of All Time

This is more like the Hundred Game list that was put in the wrong order

Nega-Man said:
Red Barchetta said:
I have to agree with this post. I said this to Nic: "Where is Super Mario World?" And what's with the lack of Fire Emblem, Cave Story, and Earthbound? What about PC games like Super Meat Boy, Team Fortress 2, and Half-Life 2?

The game I'm most pleased with with being so high is Goldeneye 007.

I was really shocked at no TF2 as well, and no Super Mario World. Super Meat Boy and Fire Emblem I can somewhat understand though.

Have you played Fire Emblem? Those are some of the best games EVER!

RandomGuy said:
This is more like the Hundred Game list that was put in the wrong order
That, plus missing at least half of the deserving games.

I already said this earlier, or atleast something like it, but just like everyone else, the list was pretty much shit. Except for the last bit, I can understand most of those games being there. Except for maybe donkey long. Sure it's a classic, but I don't know if it's really THAT good.

Sure, SMB was a huge technological advancement and the only reason this place exists now, but there were tons of games that deserved to be on that list.

Hint, hint.

Actually, it deserves number 1. It revived the video game industry. Whenever someone tells me "Mario sucks, play cod", I tell them that without mario, cod wouldn't be here.

Gogeta said:
Actually, it deserves number 1. It revived the video game industry. Whenever someone tells me "Mario sucks, play cod", I tell them that without mario, cod wouldn't be here.

Then they go 'yeah right, lolololololoololo Mario fag'.

It may have been a good game back then and revived the industry, but a list should have super good games from then to now, not games that have done super big things in the past.

That didn't explain well. Let's say, COD has done huge sales and stuff, but even if something has huge sales, doesn't mean it's going to be the best game ever. A list of games should be based on the game itself and not what it accomplished outside of it.

Did that come through well? I didn't know how to explain it. But, it's not my list, and not one I like anyway, so whatever, I just threw in my two cents.

GP, I never said SMB didn't deserve to be #1, I meant that there are MULTIPLE games that should've been on that list.
Crackin355 said:
Gogeta said:

reminds me of the time when my so-called friend told me that "experts" predict that blizzard will buy out nintendo one day

he's a pretty huge ******

I have never heard of blizzard. However, he must be very stupid. A third party company can't just buy something as big and succesful as Nintendo.

Waddle Dee said:
GP, I never said SMB didn't deserve to be #1, I meant that there are MULTIPLE games that should've been on that list.
Crackin355 said:
Gogeta said:

reminds me of the time when my so-called friend told me that "experts" predict that blizzard will buy out nintendo one day

he's a pretty huge ******

No offense, but your friend doesn't know anything about game companies does he?

It reminds of my friends as well. He purposely looked up the 3DS when it was making nintendo lose money. Then he started shoving it in my face, thinking I cared. I asked him how the Vita was doing soon after and he didn't answer. It was pretty funny seeing his smug grin go away for once.

Yoshidude99 said:
Nabber said:
>Angry Birds gets 49

... Welp, humanity was fun while it lasted.
Angry Birds is actually pretty good.

But is it one of the best games ever? Absolutely not.

As an app, its good, but Cut the Rope, Where's My Water, and Temple Run are much better

Yoshidude99 said:
Nabber said:
>Angry Birds gets 49

... Welp, humanity was fun while it lasted.
Angry Birds is actually pretty good.
It may be fun for a few minutes but it's not something that deserves to be Top 50. It's not even like there weren't catapult games before it, this was just the most popular one.

Crackin355 said:
Waddle Dee said:
Crackin355 said:
Gogeta said:

Then they go 'yeah right, lolololololoololo Mario *bleep*'.

he's a pretty huge *bleep*got

No offense, but your friend doesn't know anything about game companies does he?

It reminds of my friends as well. He purposely looked up the 3DS when it was making nintendo lose money. Then he started shoving it in my face, thinking I cared. I asked him how the Vita was doing soon after and he didn't answer. It was pretty funny seeing his smug grin go away for once.
3DS sales are better than Vita, as far as I know

Back