Paper Mario Partners Tier List (2ND TIER LIST RELEASED)

Pyro

Power Star
You may ask, "whats the point of this shit". Well, I have ranked all the players/partners (except Mario) into tiers based on their performances and my experiences in challenge runs, the Pits, hard bosses, and sometimes, just normal gameplay. Help me improve this tier list by telling your experiences in-game about some of the partner's skills.

Also, eventually, I'll tier the badges.

NOTE: ALL DESCRIPTIONS ASSUME YOU HAVE THE PARTNERS AT ULTRA RANK AND USE THEM TO THEIR FULLEST POTENTIAL.

EDIT 1: I did a Flipside pit run where I alternated between the offensive Pixls and the characters every ten floors just a while ago. 2nd list released.

2nd Tier List Changes
-Barry moved up ten spaces.
-Sushie moved up three spaces.
-Bowser moved up one space.
-Watt moved down one space
-Yoshi Kid moved down one space
-Koops moved down one space.
-Peach moved down two spaces.

Tier S+
VivianCard.png
BarryCard.png
WattCard.png

#1: Vivian
#2: Barry: Barry's wonderful ability to deflect enemy projectiles and block attacks altogether has skyrocketed Barry up 10 spaces. Congrats, Barry.
#3: Watt: Barry surpassed her in ability, so Watt is bumped down.

Tier S
PeachCard.png
255MsMowzCard.png
BobberyCard.png
BombetteCard.png
235_CudgeCard.png
BowserCard.png

#4: Peach: Barry surpassed her in ability, so Peach is bumped down.
#5: Ms. Mowz
#6: Bobbery
#7: Bombette
#8: Cudge
#9: Bowser: Bowser did better than even Peach in my special pit run, so I decided to move him up a space.

Tier A
YoshiCard.png
230_BoomerCard.png
GoombellaCard.png
GoombarioCard.png

#10: Yoshi Kid: Bowser surpassed him.
#11: Boomer: Boomer is great if you're stragetic with bombs. However, it doesn't effect his position or anything.
#12: Goombella
#13: Goombario

Tier B
LakilesterCard.png
BowCard.png
232_ThudleyCard.png
LuigiCard.png
SushieCard.png

#14: Lakilester
#15: Bow
#16: Thudley
#17: Luigi
#18: Sushie: She skyrocketed due to a couple others saying that Sushie is amazing against Lava Piranha...and indeed she is. I can't believe I forgot my experience with Piranha in my 3rd or so run.

Tier C
KoopsCard.png
ParakarryCard.png
KooperCard.png
233_CarrieCard.png

#19: Koops
#20: Parakarry
#21: Kooper
#22: Carrie

Tier D
FurrieCard.png
231_SlimCard.png
229_ThoreauCard.png

#23: Flurrie
#24: Slim
#25: Thoreau

Tier Freaking Useless
234_FleepCard.png
PiccoloCard.png
236_DottieCard.png
File:DashellCard.png
TiptronCard.png
228_TippiCard.png

#26: Fleep
#27: Piccolo
#28: Dottie
#29: Dashell
#30: Tiptron
#31: Tippi

Tier S+
VivianCard.png
WattCard.png
PeachCard.png

#1: Vivian: Vivian is an outright monster with excellent power with boosts from Power Plus P. She has the ability to constantly burn enemies, making them take extra damage. Veil makes you invincible, and Fiery Jinx has the potential to do large amounts of damage.
#2: Watt: Watt pierces enemies' defenses with Electro Shock, and can boost Mario's attack with Turbo Charge. She can also constantly paralyze enemies with Power/Mega Shock.
#3: Peach: With her parasol, Peach is completely invincible. This ability proves extremely useful in the Pit. You can also glide around, but that doesn't help much...it might...oh whatever.

Tier S
255MsMowzCard.png
BobberyCard.png
BombetteCard.png
235_CudgeCard.png
YoshiCard.png

#4: Ms. Mowz: Like Watt, Ms. Mowz possesses a defense-piercing move (Love Slap). As a bonus, she also has moves that can confuse enemies, steal their items, or heal Mario. However, her lack of offensive skills keeps her in S.
#5: Bobbery: Although not all-offensive, Bobbery does a reliable amount of damage. Plus, unlike Bombette, his Bomb attack takes no FP. (Oddly, his ultimtate attack, Bob-ombast, takes 1 more FP than Mega Bomb) However, Hold Fast sucks, and Bomb Squad depends on if you were good at the egg throwing mechanic in YI or not. Bob-ombast does massive damage, though.
#6: Bombette: Despite her being the first RPG partner on the list that is all-offensive, Bombette's strength seems to be on par with Bobbery's. Bomb's 3 FP consumage is a setback, but Power Bomb (and later, Mega Bomb) are great attacks to use in battles with many strong enemies. Also, Bombette is the only partner other than Goombario who is capable of doing more than ten+ damage without a multi-hitting move. That means you, Bow. (Don't know what I'm talking about? Four words: Bomb on Dry Bones)
#7: Cudge: Cudge is the best Pixl in SPM by a longshot due to the ability giving you double attack. The hammer doesn't have great range, but it can easily do 30+ damage if you're high-enough leveled, making Cudge a must in the Pits.
#8: Yoshi Kid: I believe Yoshi Kid is the only TTYD partner that is all-offensive; although, that doesn't make him high in my opinion. Gulp does massive damage, Stampede is an excellent multi-hitting move (and so is Ground Pound), but Mini-Egg? Setback on it is that it's randomly targeted, but it DOES shrink. However, if you have no/not enough FP to use a special move, Yoshi Kid's royally screwed when facing a spiked enemy.

Tier A
BowserCard.png
230_BoomerCard.png
GoombellaCard.png
BarryCard.png
GoombarioCard.png

#9: Bowser: Bowser always has freaking double attack. Paired with Cudge (and sometimes a Hot Sauce), Bowser's a lean, mean, killing machine. However, Cudge alone is better than Bowser due to Bowser being larger than Mario, Peach, and Luigi. Despite that, Bowser has a long-range attack in his firebreath.
#10: Boomer: Boomer is essentially a copy of Cudge, except for the fact that Boomer's attack has a lengthy execution time (even if you detonate him early), and if you are doing close-range battle, Boomer's timing makes him a dangerous partner to use. Nevertheless, he's still a bulky partner.
#11: Goombella: You may be saying "Fuck Tattle!". However, Goombella has offensive power too, bitches. Headbonk and Multibonk are essentially copies of Mario's Jump and Power Bounce, respectively. Rally Wink is also great to use if Mario's in danger.
#12: Barry: Barry's basically superguarding. Except without the massively tedious button timings. He can be used in particularly sticky situations to clear enemies out.
#13: Goombario: Charge + Multibonk. 'Nuff said. Well, not really. Goombario excells in offense if you combo Charge and Multibonk, and Headbonk can still do some good damage. However, a lack of a supportive move to anyone but himself bumps him down a bit.

Tier B
LakilesterCard.png
BowCard.png
232_ThudleyCard.png
LuigiCard.png
KoopsCard.png

#14: Lakilester: Spiny Flip/Surge eliminates (an) enemy(ies) quickly within a few turns. Also, Cloud Nine is EXCESSIVELY BROKEN LOLOLOL. However, his lack of real power bumped him lower than expected..
#15: Bow: Smack and Fan Slap deal a good amount of damage and Outta Sight makes Mario invincible (Spook sucks ass though). However, the multi-hitting property of Bow's offensive moves renders her useless against many enemies with defense.
#16: Thudley: When used correctly, Thudley excells in offense. Double damage made him be in Tier B, but if you miss, you are vulnerable for a second or two. Which is not good. At all. Plus, he's useless against spiky enemies.
#17: Luigi: Spring Jump does double damage, and Luigi jumps higher than Mario. He skids more, though, which is a setback. Spring Jump, like Barry, can also get you out of sticky situations, even if you have to hit the ceiling.
#18: Koops: Surprised how low he is? Despite being a tank if you're doing an early pit run (Peril), Koops might not be your best bet. His offense is great, sure, and unlike Yoshi Kid, he can hit spiky enemies no matter what. Shell Slam is a defense-piercing move. However, Shell Shield breaks in twenty seconds and Koops is a terror to use if you're using Unsimplifier. He might skyrocket on the next list, but for now, he's a bit low.

Tier C
ParakarryCard.png
KooperCard.png
SushieCard.png
233_CarrieCard.png

#19: Parakarry: Parakarry's first attack (forgot the name) is terrible because it does little damage and fails against spiky enemies. The lift one is completely useless because you want to LEVEL UP, not simply get rid of the enemies. Parakarry relies on FP to deal good damage with Shell Shot and Air Raid, which is a heavily major setback, especially in Five FP/Level Zero runs.
#20: Kooper: Fire and Power Shell are powerful, sure, but Shell Shot (i think that was the name) is mediocre and Dizzy Shell is completely useless because Watt has a better variation of that which is called Mega Shock. As with Koops, despite my bitching, I expect him to skyrocket next list.
#21: Sushie: Tidal Wave's action command is tedious, and Body Whatever is the Hammer that can't hit spiky enemies. Water Block is completely useless because there aren't that many fire enemies. Plus, Ice Power and Fire Shield, anyone? Also, a bad player can easily fuck up Squirt, which is probably Sushie's best move.
#22: Carrie: Carrie lets you go faster and jump on spiky enemies. Until Chapter 5. Cudge, anyone?

Tier D
FurrieCard.png
231_SlimCard.png
229_ThoreauCard.png

#23: Flurrie...I don't know why, but she SUCKS ASS. Gale Force's only real use is on Cortez's weapons (again, you want to LEVEL UP), and Body Slam is exactly like Sushie's Body Whatever except a bit worse. "But Pyro, you bitch, what about Lip Lock?!" That's the only good thing about Flurrie. Dodgy Fog? Tedious action command, plus with Lucky Start I get Dodgy half the fucking time.
#24: Slim: Slim works like Peach's umbrella. Except that you can't get hit by enemies' projectiles and fly all over the place and hit the enemies when you're not supposed to with great luck.
#25: Thoreau: Thoreau's your best bet at offense until you...A. Find a Spiky Goomba. or B. Get Boomer five seconds later.

Tier Freaking Useless
234_FleepCard.png
PiccoloCard.png
236_DottieCard.png
File:DashellCard.png
TiptronCard.png
228_TippiCard.png

#26: Fleep: Fleep can only stall with his ability. You want to kill, not to stall.
#27: Piccolo: "olololo it isn't last!!!! pyro you suck" Piccolo has a use, bitch. But it only happens if you want a quick Underchomp battle or if you're stupid enough to run into a Cursya. Byt its tunes are HI-TECHNICAAAAAAAAAAL.
#28: Dottie: Quick! Shrink down with Dottie so you can't see yourself and bump into enemies more than you should!
#29: Dashell: Protip - Only use Dashell when you're in a hurry or doing a TAS.
#30: Tiptron: Tiptron tops Tippi because its text box is cooler than Tippi's. Anyways, they just state crap about enemies. Ooh, with Cudge, I MUST know what the enemies' stats are and not just either get the fucking Catch Card or get to fucking killing them!
#31: Tippi: See above.

And that's my tier list. Give suggestions and constructive criticism, please!

Re: Paper Mario Partners Tier List

Kiyotaka Ishimaru said:
Gale Force does give you star forces.
Oh really? Guess it's because I wasn't paying attention in this:

I'd put Sushie just above Kooper, simply because she can kill Lava Piranha in about 5 seconds.

>Barry not in Tier S+

He was the only Pixl I used in the Pits and during the fight with Super Dimentio. And if used correctly, you can beat everyone in the Pits without damage.

Also, Tippi and Tiptron are useful for knowing enemy info when you don't have a catch card when you're kind of like early in the game, y'know. I wouldn't have known how to kill the Shlurp things without them.

Sayaka Maizono said:
Also, Tippi and Tiptron are useful for knowing enemy info when you don't have a catch card when you're kind of like early in the game, y'know. I wouldn't have known how to kill the Shlurp things without them.
Meh, maybe that's their real only use, but they're still awful.

Sayaka Maizono said:
>Barry not in Tier S+

He was the only Pixl I used in the Pits and during the fight with Super Dimentio. And if used correctly, you can beat everyone in the Pits without damage.
Barry's still high compared to other pixls, you know. Maybe I'll go into the Flipside pit and alternate between offensive pixls every 10 floors or something and see the result.

Sushie is useful against Lava Piranha, which people abuse Watt for it.

I think Sushie deserves a higher rank than Kooper, and I killed Rawk Hawk using Goombella without even being Ultra Ranked... Lol?

Waddle Dee said:
Sayaka Maizono said:
>Barry not in Tier S+

Barry's still high compared to other pixls, you know. Maybe I'll go into the Flipside pit and alternate between offensive pixls every 10 floors or something and see the result.
I just thought it was kinda silly Peach was Tier S+ even though Barry has the same abilities (protecting from pretty much any damage, sans gliding) with the added bonus of reflecting projectiles back the enemy for more damage.

Yeah, this tier list can still completely change today, since it's 100% biased.

Fleep is incredibly useful. As you said, it's not to kill; but I can't tell you how many times I've used the flip ability to find items and whatnot.

Watt is of course the best in PM, especially for Bowser. Bow is utterly useless after about Chapter 5, since after that most enemies have defense.

Bombette is a BOMB when you're using her against Crystal King. Mega Bomb while he has those small dumb ice things.

Why is Tippi that low? Seriously, she's useful for finding hidden doors, switches, etc. How are you gonna get out of a level without her? Seriously, people those days only care about attacking partners.

Given that every partner is technically necessary (except Ms. Mowz and a few Pixls), battle is probably the only thing to rate them on.

I would suggest moving Carrie up some; she gives Bowser the ability to breathe fire in midair which is a huge perk, and jumping on spiked enemies and higher moving speed is also pretty good.

I think you should move up Bombette, Crystal King is lame when you have her on.

You do realize she's PRETTY HIGH. Just because someone isn't in Tier S+ doesn't mean I deemed them useless.

Vivian and Bow should be lowered a little bit.

When you use their invisibility moves, you're sacraficing your next turn and Vivan can't attack fire enemies since Shade Fist is a direct attack and Fiery Jynx heals them and I don't think she can attack enemies with high defenses like Buzzy Beetles.

You already admitted that Bow can't attack enemies with high defense.

Flurrie should be higher up since she's one of the few characters that can attack ceiling enemies. In fact, Rawk Hawk has an attack where he hangs from the ceiling and Goombella and Koops can't reach him, Mario could use Hammer Throw or an item and Yoshi can use Mini-Egg, but Flurrie can attack Rawk Hawk without using FP.

Sushie's Water Block gives Mario a defense point for a certain number of turns, not just against fire enemies.

Back