Paper Mario Partners Tier List (2ND TIER LIST RELEASED)

Jeff said:
When you use their invisibility moves, you're sacraficing your next turn and Vivan can't attack fire enemies since Shade Fist is a direct attack and Fiery Jynx heals them and I don't think she can attack enemies with high defenses like Buzzy Beetles.
With two Power Plus Ps, I can do about 4 damage to a Buzzy. Also, Embers and Lava Bubbles actually get hurt even more by Fiery Jynx, I believe. Vivian is still awesome though.
Jeff said:
Sushie's Water Block gives Mario a defense point for a certain number of turns, not just against fire enemies.
It does? Gah, I really need to play it again.
Jeff said:
Flurrie should be higher up since she's one of the few characters that can attack ceiling enemies. In fact, Rawk Hawk has an attack where he hangs from the ceiling and Goombella and Koops can't reach him, Mario could use Hammer Throw or an item and Yoshi can use Mini-Egg, but Flurrie can attack Rawk Hawk without using FP.
Oh lordie, I'm using FP! Travesty! Mini-Egg's a better move than Body Slam by a longshot. So is Hammer Throw.

I have to agree with Jeff on Flurrie, and when I started a new file and got Flurrie, Gale Force gave me Star Points! :S

I didn't had Hammer Throw the time I was battling Rawk Hawk so I used Flurrie.

Actually, disregard what I said about Hammer Throw, you don't get it until Chapter 4.

As for mini-egg, you said it yourself, the target(s) is/are random. Yoshi may not hit the enemy you want. And IIRC, you can't increase their damage.

-rawk hawk is the only enemy on stage
-multiple hits + possible shrink
-immediately better than body slam

Waddle Dee said:
Also, Embers and Lava Bubbles actually get hurt even more by Fiery Jynx, I believe.

Nope, they get healed. Trust me on this.

I definitely agree on the lowest tier level except for Dashell. I use him all the time and it is such a time-saver.

And god, Dottie and Fleep definitely deserve to be on the lowest tier level. I mean, Dottie you only use in one chapter, then you never need her again unless you want to go into those tiny shops. Fleep, however, you need him if you want to do that whole map sidequest, which I've done a little bit of. Other than that, he's useless.

Carrie also lets you jump on enemy projectiles.

Yoshi Kid's Ground Pound is useless against enemies with a Defense of 3 or more.

Back