Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones... I need help here.

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
I need some tips in order to do this game successsfully without a character dying.

at all.

After defeating Chapter 7 and picking which lord you're going to go with, train at the Tower of Valni. That's the best thing I can suggest if your characters are weak enough to die.

Red Barchetta said:
After defeating Chapter 7 and picking which lord you're going to go with, train at the Tower of Valni. That's the best thing I can suggest if your characters are weak enough to die.
what about the issues with the gold?

Yeah, the first chapters are ironically the hardest on high difficulty settings. It should be smooth sailing once you get farther along and you can bench the weaker characters for the more powerful ones.

You don't have to pay any gold at Tower of Valni, if that's what you're worried about.

Knife said:
Yeah, the first chapters are ironically the hardest on high difficulty settings. It should be smooth sailing once you get farther along and you can bench the weaker characters for the more powerful ones.

You don't have to pay any gold at Tower of Valni, if that's what you're worried about.
no I mean what if I run out of gold to buy weapons?

You should have more than enough gold to buy stuff later in the game, especially if you've been grinding at the Tower of Valni. At the beginning of the game, there isn't much worth buying anyway.

Just hope none of the enemies get any critical hits on you. The enemies with "Killer" weapons are more likely to get critical hits.

SexyEspeon said:
New Super Mario said:
Well characters like Ross are beast if you train them enough.
He's already a pirate.

Make sure you promote him to a Berserker when he reaches level 20. He's an absolute beast and easily one of the best units in the game.

Tatanga said:
Spam Seth.

...Don't do this.

Spamming Seth only takes away a huge amount of exp. that could be given to weaker, more useful units and instead gives it to a unit that is commonly referred to as a "Jeigan".

However, as you progress later into the game, make sure you do use Seth a bit more though, just to keep him up to speed with other promoted units.

There are several other units that could use the exp. that would be given to Seth if you spammed him - units like Ross, Joshua, Amelia, Kyle, Forde, Tana, and so many other useful units could use.

But, like I mentioned earlier, Seth is still a great unit to keep around. One of the best units in the game, no doubt, but don't spam him like crazy early in the game.

Red Barchetta said:
Tatanga said:
Spam Seth.

...Don't do this.

Spamming Seth only takes away a huge amount of exp. that could be given to weaker, more useful units and instead gives it to a unit that is commonly referred to as a "Jeigan".

However, as you progress later into the game, make sure you do use Seth a bit more though, just to keep him up to speed with other promoted units.

There are several other units that could use the exp. that would be given to Seth if you spammed him - units like Ross, Joshua, Amelia, Kyle, Forde, Tana, and so many other useful units could use.

But, like I mentioned earlier, Seth is still a great unit to keep around. One of the best units in the game, no doubt, but don't spam him like crazy early in the game.
yeah besides how will I beat the boss with weak-ass characters who die in one hit (I don't know the boss tho)

SexyEspeon said:
I need some tips in order to do this game successsfully without a character dying.

at all.
Restart the chapters over and over and over.

That's the only way I managed, actually.

I would suggest using characters like Gilliam and Amelia if you can train her. Although it's difficult, if she levels enough with a javelin and becomes Knight then General, she's extremely hard to kill. I also suggest waiting to use promotion items until your characters really have problems fighting the enemy, because you get EXP so much faster when unpromoted.

Good characters:
Ephraim
Artur
Lute
Gilliam
Ross (after trained)
Kyle
Franz, sort of
Tana
Joshua
Neimi
Gerik
Myrrh of course
EDIT: Cormag. How did I forget him.
Marisa, sort of

There are others, but these are the ones I've found to be the best.

I'd also like to throw some support to Cormag. He's always a mainstay in my unit, especially when he's equipped with the Filli Shield.

'3K said:
I'd also like to throw some support to Cormag. He's always a mainstay in my unit, especially when he's equipped with the Filli Shield.
I actually found giving him Pure Water to be more useful to defend against Magic. Tana and Vanessa have less defense and take more damage from arrows, so I gave the Fili Shield to them.

oh and how did i forget cormag asdjgahslfgka fg

Or you could hit up that secret shop and buy a crapton of Talismans for him. It's expensive, but it makes him unstoppable from my experience.

True, but the secret shops are only easily available after you beat the game. And the one on Chapter 19 is ridiculously hard to get to on one of the paths, I think it was Ephraim but it could be Eirika.

plus chapter nineteen is so freaking hard

all those promoted units asdgjasblgasfdg a

any units that need or don't need any specific promotions?

Jack Noir said:
SexyEspeon said:

at all.
Restart the chapters over and over and over.

That's the only way I managed, actually.

I would suggest using characters like Gilliam and Amelia if you can train her. Although it's difficult, if she levels enough with a javelin and becomes Knight then General, she's extremely hard to kill. I also suggest waiting to use promotion items until your characters really have problems fighting the enemy, because you get EXP so much faster when unpromoted.

Good characters:
Ephraim
Artur => Bishop
Lute => Sage
Gilliam => General
Ross => Pirate => Berserker OR Warrior
Kyle => Great Knight
Franz => Paladin (Great Knight is also good, just not as good imo)
Tana => Wyvern Rider
Joshua => Swordmaster
Neimi => Ranger
Gerik => Hero (I think ranger is helpful too)
Myrrh
Cormag => Wyvern Lord
Marisa => Assassin

I have to disagree with a few of your selections of units and promotion choices, Javelin.

Jack Noir said:
Good characters:
Ephraim
Artur => Bishop
Lute => Sage
Gilliam => General
Ross => Pirate => Berserker OR Warrior
Kyle => Great Knight
Franz => Paladin (Great Knight is also good, just not as good imo)
Tana => Wyvern Rider
Joshua => Swordmaster
Neimi => Ranger
Gerik => Hero (I think ranger is helpful too)
Myrrh
Cormag => Wyvern Lord
Marisa => Assassin

Ephraim is great, definitely the better of the two lords.
Artur is also a great unit.
Lute is easily one of the best units in the game, definitely use her.
Here's my first problem. Gilliam is godawful. He'd be a great unit if it weren't for his horrible speed - don't use him, go with Amelia instead.
Ross is also one of the best units in the game. Promote him into a Berserker, though.
Kyle's also one of the best units. He's always my first promoted unit in the game (that can be promoted via items).
Franz is... okay. Forde, Kyle, and Seth easily overshadow him, though, so use those three instead.
Tana is a fantastic unit - use her, but promote her into a Falcoknight.
Joshua is one of the best units in the game. He's also one of the only units in the game where both of his promotions are absolutely amazing. I honestly prefer Assassin, but it's up to you.
Neimi is okay. You might want to think twice about promoting her to Ranger, though, because Innes isn't anything amazing.
Gerik is one of the best units in the game. Definitely use.
Myrrh I honestly think is overrused and overrated. Any EXP given to her is wasted by the fact that you can't use her after her Dragonstone is broken (or at least to my knowledge).
Cormag is a great unit, definitely use him (though I think Tana is the better winged unit).
Marisa is also a fantastic unit. I prefer her as a Swordmaster, though.

(I can give more recommendations)

Red Barchetta said:
Here's my first problem. Gilliam is godawful. He'd be a great unit if it weren't for his horrible speed - don't use him, go with Amelia instead.
Gilliam is a good wall though, despite his low speed, and his high Constitution is helpful is helping him move twice sometimes.
Red Barchetta said:
Franz is... okay. Forde, Kyle, and Seth easily overshadow him, though, so use those three instead.
Franz's strength is his high Speed.
Red Barchetta said:
Tana is a fantastic unit - use her, but promote her into a Falcoknight.
Falcoknight gets swords, but I always found the Wyvern Knight's Pierce ability and higher stat caps to be more useful.
Red Barchetta said:
Joshua is one of the best units in the game. He's also one of the only units in the game where both of his promotions are absolutely amazing. I honestly prefer Assassin, but it's up to you.
Assassin just has lower Strength, so I used Swordmaster.
Red Barchetta said:
Neimi is okay. You might want to think twice about promoting her to Ranger, though, because Innes isn't anything amazing.
Ranger has swords, moves further, and has higher Constitution. Sniper gets the useless Sure Shot ability (Snipers nearly always have 100 Accuracy anyways).
Red Barchetta said:
Myrrh I honestly think is overrused and overrated. Any EXP given to her is wasted by the fact that you can't use her after her Dragonstone is broken (or at least to my knowledge).
I just saved Myrrh for special times, like taking care of those cursed Draco Zombies. I actually found a trick to get her experience without fighting - if you give all your other units ranged weapons, a ranged monster will attack Myrrh instead of anyone else because she can't attack back. If you do this for a while, she gets 1 EXP every time he attacks.
Red Barchetta said:
Cormag is a great unit, definitely use him (though I think Tana is the better winged unit).
Cormag is more defensive than Tana, more like a Gilliam of the skies. His high Constitution is useful.
Red Barchetta said:
Marisa is also a fantastic unit. I prefer her as a Swordmaster, though.
Marisa has higher Skill than Joshua, which means higher Crit chance. Which helps her take advantage of the Silencer skill.

Pumpkin Party in Sea Hitler's Water Apocalypse said:
and what are the bad classes that I shouldn't use?
Some people say that Summoner is really bad. Really it's just that Druid is better. Also, don't promote a mage into a mage knight, because sage is so much better.

And don't use the units that are already promoted when you get them very much; they aren't too good.

Back