Yoshi's Island DS

Sir Grodus

King Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
There was no thread for this, I made one. Discuss!

Personally I think the game is a tad bit difficult, especially if your aiming for a perfect score (which I am). Graphics, good. Music, didn't like it that much. Least favorite level (so far) "Rompin', Stompin', Chomps". So many Chomps... everywhere!, *sobs hysterically in corner*.

I'm currently at 4962 points (haven't updated my user page quite yet) out of 5000, and 37 of 39 character coins.

I have no "worst" level - they're all solvable. Though Secret 5 was hard, as are all the W5 levels besides 5-8. Music is ok, graphics are fine... ;)

The Cave That Never Ends pwns. It pwned me. :wink: But they're all fun. And I'm ALMOST at a perfect, now that I have the PG! (Player's Guide.)

If you have the PG, do you have official Artwork of Baby Wario? I want the image of him on the cover, but without the E for Everyone thing. It'll look cool on his article.

Can't find the players guide, it would probably help though. I'm not sure about my total score, but I've got either a hundred or ninty-something in every level so far. I've only missed like, only two character coins so far. I can't remember where the one in Priscilla's castle is. :(

I kind of wish they would have used more of the music from the first Yoshi's Island in this one though, that music was awesome.

In 3-8, in the 2nd area, the water pump that does not lead to spikes is not a pit - it's a secret area with a DK coin.

Also, I bet you missed the 5-3 (Spear Guys' Village) coin - past the exit is a ton of coins and a hut with easy access to a Peach coin.

Yeah, that pit was a big secret.. but I found it. 8) Oh, and in Windblown Wilderness, fall down the big, semi-narrow pit in the first part. There's two red coins by the right wall.

Just gotta' ask something, are there Character Coins in the unlockable levels?

3dejong said:
Yeah, that pit was a big secret.. but I found it. 8) Oh, and in Windblown Wilderness, fall down the big, semi-narrow pit in the first part. There's two red coins by the right wall.
Make sure that's with Peach, of course. ;)

No there is not. The completist's only goal is to get 100 pts in those 10 levels.

Okay, probably the hard version of the minigames or something that go in the space to the left of the bonus stages.

Sir Grodus said:
Okay, probably the hard version of the minigames or something that go in the space to the left of the bonus stages.
Excuse me?

The hard mode of the mini-games is accessible by collecting all the Character Coins in one world. If you meant to the right of the bonus stages, that is the bonus game for the world, which you can play anytime once you get 700 points in the world.

If you meant to the left, that would be Level 8 of the world, so I don't get you there.

Wait, let me explain. In World 2 I have gotten everything, all the Character Coins, one hundred percent in every level, I've also unlocked all the doors in the levels, yet there is still a blank space on the board, between the first bonus level and the area boss's castle. Is there supposed to be something there?

Secret level, introduced in the GBA port of the original game. Black Yoshi takes command of even more hard levels after you beat the game (that is, complete 5-8 ).

Once again I come seeking advice, mostly because its easier than playing a level over and over again till' I get one hundred, which is what I usually do. Does anybody know where all flowers in the world eight level "Find the Number Ball!" are, I can find only four out of five and I've played the level five times.

And yes, I know there is a video-game help thread.

Question: Have you gotten the 4 ball by licking it across the lava?

That's the purple ball. If you have gotten it that way, no doubt you're missing one.

Ah. You know where there are hard rocks in one room, with arrows pointing to a few? Well..... it's a secret! Baby DK must ONLY blast those blocks to make the metal door rise up. There's a ? Cloud underneath: blast it for the flower! 8)

3dejong, you're talking about Extra 3, "Number Ball Special", which has 5 balls. I think Sir Grodus is talking about 5-6, which is "Find the Number Ball!"

-Have you used a torch to unfreeze a flower?
-Have you used Peach to carefully go down with a fire roulette in the ! Switch room?
-Have you gone across the lava waterfall, after hitting the ! Switch, by using an egg to activate the platform waiting, and finding the last flower in plain sight?

Those are my best guesses.

Looking in... my.... guide..................... *bleep* "We're sorry, the personage to whom you were speaking to has just disconnected. Please redial, or get lost, or play a video game." *bleep*

Back