Playing with toys = pedophilia?

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
I was just in this big argument with this guy here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKGlHmEGql0&lcor=1&lc=jBMVYMR--vNgX2YKCS7IkenFvTT1zA8skNOu1hoW_gY&lch=email_reply&feature=em-comment_reply_received

He basically uses the comparison to Toys R Us as an insult for NintendoLand, and when I tried to explain that people can play with toys and still be considered adult, he called me a pedophile and "the new Michael Jackson".

What can I say? Really, what can I say about dealing with people like this. It's like no matter what kind of response you get, he either ignores it or rephrases it until he comes out on top.

Now I know a lot of you will tell me to ignore people like him, and while I eventually did block him after he admitted he had enough, I still don't want to give up on people who say stupid things. Like I can help enlighten or enrich them, talk things out and stuff. I guess some people are just beyond that kind of thing...

So, I'm an adult, playing Super Pokémon Rumble on my 3DS.
All of these Pokémon are toys.
Does this count as "pedophilla"?

You severely underestimate the Youtube community.

Dude, the guy was really obviously just trolling you. Why did you keep talking to him?

Also wtf is nintendoland?

So what, you want us to be your personal army and win a YouTube comment flamewar for you? Piss off.

I don't think he actually does, but that's apparently what's happening.

attn galacticpetey you are feeding the troll and you should stop

Makoto Naegi said:
Also wtf is nintendoland?
It's a Nintendo amusement park with all sorts of nintendo minigames! It's loads of multiplayer fun for the whole family! (lol not)

A bunch of Nintendo carnival minigames designed to show off the Wii U's unique features, and it is as bad as it sounds so far.

Makoto Naegi said:
Dude, the guy was really obviously just trolling you. Why did you keep talking to him?
I don't know, I guess part of me still thinks there's hope fof humanity.

Uniju said:
So what, you want us to be your personal army and win a YouTube comment flamewar for you? Piss off.
You said it, not me. :rolleyes:

Really, I just wanted to blow off some steam after dealing with this guy.

Gogeta said:
I have stopped.

Good thanks.

Whoever is mirelurkthing should also stop.

Smashgoom202 said:
Makoto Naegi said:
I don't know, I guess part of me still thinks there's hope fof humanity.

plz 2 dont be melodramatic. people being jackasses on the internet is not an indication that the human race is failing. if it were, arguing with those jackasses wouldnt help

marioboards user smashgoom202 said:
Just because I play with toys DOESN'T mean I can't be a contributing member of society. So I play around with toys at home, so what? It's better then "fucking bitches", which I think is more problematic since you could contract and STD, and then there's the the fact that the women can get incredibly emotional.
Just because I play with toys DOESN'T mean I can't be a contributing member of society. So I play around with toys at home, so what? It's better then "fucking bitches", which I think is more problematic since you could contract and STD, and then there's the the fact that the women can get incredibly emotional.
lmao

first off let me say I don't object to smashgoom playing with toys, I genuinely don't care, it's his right and it doesn't make him creepy or whatever.

but.

are you fucking serious

Troy & Abed in the Morning said:
Just because I play with toys DOESN'T mean I can't be a contributing member of society. So I play around with toys at home, so what? It's better then *bleep*ing bitches", which I think is more problematic since you could contract and STD, and then there's the the fact that the women can get incredibly emotional.

are you *bleep*ing serious
I was trying to poke holes in this guy's logic, even though I knew he was joking, because the idea of "fucking bitches" is somehow more fun then what I considered fun is ludicrous. So why even say that? Even as a joke, it's incredibly disrespectful.

Smashgoom202 said:
Even as a joke, it's incredibly disrespectful.

You're offended that someone on the internet saying playing with toys is creepy. So offended that you made a thread about it.

Have you read the things people say on the internet about religion?

Have you read the things people say on the internet about atheism?

Have you read the things people said on the internet about Trayvon Martin when he got shot?

Have you read the things people say on the internet about women?

Have you read the things people say on the internet about politics?

Have you read the things people say on the internet about immigrants?

Have you read the things people say on the internet about black people?

Hey look, there's seven threads right there you could have made that would have made a lot more sense than this one.

You know, I'm starting to see why people hate this forum so much, everyone here are a bunch of jerks.

Yeah, there ARE more important things to talk about... but that doesn't mean we CAN'T talk about this, can we? Like geez, you people are no better then the guys on YouTube.

someone on youtube said:
being a ku klux klan member doesn't mean you're a racist

You're absolutely dead-on, Smashgoom. We're exactly like that.
You're a different breed of the kind of people I'm thinking of. The kind of people that insult and belittle others with no sympathy towards what they're saying. By dragging in bigger issues to make our everyday life complains seem pathetic in comparison, you're basically doing what can only be called high-class trolling or cyber-bullying.

Does it really bother you so much that I have a problem and you think it's insignificant that you feel the need to subtly insult me by pointing out much better ideas for topics? You know, when I was on other forums, I would often get warnings, or even banned, if I were to say something overly negative or something that didn't contribute to the topic at hand. All forums are different, and sometimes a slightly negative viewpoint is welcome, but here, there doesn't seem to be any point to your posts other than to outright insult me and my problems. Yeah, maybe they don't matter to you, or to the grand scheme of things. You could just say that instead of being all snarky about it.

GreenDisaster said:
Smashgoom202 said:
You know, I'm starting to see why people hate this forum so much, everyone here are a bunch of jerks.
You're seriously going to stereotype every single user here as an *bleep*?
Oh please, we ALL know what I'm referring to when I said that.

You KNOW who you are.

Obviously not everyone here are jerks, but there are more then enough members almost seem to take pride in how much they can belittle other people's problems.

Smashgoom202 said:
You're a different breed of the kind of people I'm thinking of. The kind of people that insult and belittle others with no sympathy towards what they're saying. By dragging in bigger issues to make our everyday life complains seem pathetic in comparison, you're basically doing what can only be called high-class trolling or cyber-bullying.

I don't object to threads about things not as important as those bigger issues. I object to threads about things that are about things that don't matter in the slightest, but the OP seems to think they do, and expects everyone else to get riled up about it as well. It's not really breaking news that there are stupid people on Youtube. I understand being upset by the things people say, but this was one guy. It's not like you're the victim of a mass lynching.

Also, I didn't insult or belittle you. I insulted and belittled this thread. I get that there's a connection, but the difference is that this is a stupid thread, and you aren't a stupid person.

Smashgoom202 said:

I don't object to threads about things not as important as those bigger issues. I object to threads about things that are about things that don't matter in the slightest, but the OP seems to think they do, and expects everyone else to get riled up about it as well. It's not really breaking news that there are stupid people on Youtube. I understand being upset by the things people say, but this was one guy. It's not like you're the victim of a mass lynching.

Also, I didn't insult or belittle you. I insulted and belittled this thread. I get that there's a connection, but the difference is that this is a stupid thread, and you aren't a stupid person.
Well... thanks for saying I'm not a stupid person... I guess in retrospect, getting offended by some random idiot on YouTube is pretty stupid, but still, it does raise some questions about people's perceptions of what does it mean to be mature and grown-up.

Still, it was lingering on my mind for a bit, so I decided to make a topic about it... I didn't expect everyone to rally up against this guy, or even to really care about what this guy says, I just thought it'd be something I like to share... Maybe next time I'll leave something like this for that "what important thing you did today" topic, although I'm not sure if it even qualifies there either. I was considering posting it in the spam section, but then again, I know how the Spam section could be and, call me crazy, but I wanted to hear people's actual opinions and not just random crap.

Back