Have you ever played Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and is it underrated?

The best game of 1992 and the creation of one of video games greatest characters.

• Yes I've played it and beat it

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No I haven't played it

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Played it but never saw Wario.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Played it but never beat Wario

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • other

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

RudnickiMarioX06

MarioMan Italian I really am
Banned User
I bought and beat the game in 1992 when I was only 4 years old. Ironically more ppl have probably played the original Super Mario Land which came out 3 years before.

Re: Have you ever played Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and is it underrated

I got the game as a Christmas gift the year it was released. I see it as being a real step forward for Mario games, as it continued the trend set by Super Mario Brothers 3, in that Mario is more than just a platformer with a time limit.

Too bad my copy was stolen.

stolen? how

Some guy took it, duh.

Anyway, I'm planning on getting a ROM soon. Looks pretty fun; kinda like a fifth Mario Bros. ML1 doesn't count. >:D

Re: Have you ever played Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and is it underrated

I wanna have. I hope GB games'll appear on VC. :(

PaperStriker said:

Doubt it. The Wii is a home console, so games only for home would really work.

Example: DS/GBA/GB have an X & Y button. The Wii remote doesn't.

Even though the GC does...

MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:

Um, the SNES-controller also has X + Y buttons. And it's on VC. You could play them with the Classic Controller. And GBA and GB have no X & Y buttons. The GBA has only L & R. And the Classic Controller has them, too.

PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:

Um, the SNES-controller also has X + Y buttons. And it's on VC. You could play them with the Classic Controller. And GBA and GB have no X & Y buttons. The GBA has only L & R. And the Classic Controller has them, too.

Game Boy is a handheld. Wii is not. Notice the difference?
Look on the main MarioWiki.

I have SML2 and have beaten it; it's fun. Kinda weird, though.

It had great music, good levels, and a really funky character design. Too bad my cartridge doesn't auto-save, thought.

Blitzwing said:
It had great music, good levels, and a really funky character design. Too bad my cartridge doesn't auto-save, thought.
the game did have a save feature

RudnickiMarioX06 said:
I bought and beat the game in 1992 when I was only 4 years old. Ironically more ppl have probably played the original Super Mario Land which came out 3 years before.
How come this guy no come here no more :'(

Mr. Moto said:
Blitzwing said:
the game did have a save feature

I know. That's why I said that my cartridge didn't save.

Mr. Moto said:
RudnickiMarioX06 said:
How come this guy no come here no more :'(
Rumor has it he does, under the identity of a guy whose a mockery to the awesome people who bring us video games.

RudnickiMarioX06 said:
How is that ironic?

Back