Votes: 4 23.5%
  • It Sucks

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Its the best

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • It just shows how bad ass shadow is.

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
One of the worst Sonic games in recent memory, and Sonic is still Mario's greatest enemy in my book. The series should probably be put to sleep at this point.

It got back on its feet, though.

It got rid of the sucky voice actors.
Recent games like Colors and Generations have been good.

Gummy said:
One of the worst Sonic games in recent memory, and Sonic is still Mario's greatest enemy in my book. The series should probably be put to sleep at this point.

YOU MUST DIE

But seriously, Sonic isn't Mario's enemy anymore. Both buisness wise and with SSBB and the Olympics even the characters themselves aren't enemies as they are friendly rivals.

Though considering my very nickname is SonicMario. Not much of a surprise I'm saying that.

Sonic Is Awesome with its music i like the City Escape one the classic one on Sonic Generations

The Olympic games didn't really help. If there's going to be a crossover, a platformer would make way more sense than a mediocre party game. But yes, I deliberately pretend it's still the 1990's for fun.

Gummy said:
The Olympic games didn't really help. If there's going to be a crossover, a platformer would make way more sense than a mediocre party game. But yes, I deliberately pretend it's still the 1990's for fun.

Yeah it's just that ever since the early 2000's I've come to love both the series about the same (But again SonicMario, so duh). You're also talking to the one user who literally had a huge smile the WHOLE rest of the day after I found out Sonic got into Brawl xD

And I like to think that if they ever met they'd be friendly rivals. Which while the Olympic games were just party games it still shows that the characters compete for fun. Though I would love seeing them actually fight something together, even if it's the cliche of crossovers with Bowser and Eggman teaming up.

My opinion on Shadow the Hedgehog? I thought it was a great game, and quite frankly, I don't understand all the hate for it. I'm by no means saying that it was perfect, but I still found it to be very fun and enjoyable to play, and it was simply brimming with replay value, because of all the alternate story paths and everything. As a matter of fact, I think I can safely say that I had more fun with this game than I did with just about any other Sonic game in the last few years, including overrated titles like Sonic Colors (Wii) and Generations.

Well, I'm trolling a little bit here. The 2D Sonic titles are great, but the series, IMO, started going downhill after Sega became a third-party game developer. Objectively, Shadow was decent as a standalone game, but it didn't feel like Sonic at all. Then again, I like to think of Sonic as a 12 year-old hedgehog breaking baby animals free from robot shells created by Dr. Robotnik (Eggman who?).

Gummy said:
Then again, I like to think of Sonic as a 12 year-old hedgehog breaking baby animals free from robot shells created by Dr. Robotnik.
Actually, Sonic was established as a sixteen year-old during the Genesis era.

(Eggman who?)
I'm glad to know that I'm not alone on that one. Yes, I know, "Eggman" was always his name in Japan, but I couldn't care less. It doesn't change the fact that it's one of the worst names to ever be thought of for a villain. I don't understand why they couldn't continue calling him Robotnik in the U.S. (and Europe) and leave "Eggman" in Japan where it came from. And don't even get me started on that "Dr. Eggman of the Past" crap in Generations.

I've personally been a fan since the series became third party. My first official Sonic games were Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube. Ever since I've really loved the series even if it didn't always have the best games. I loved it so much I even later got a Dreamcast just to own the original versions of the Adventure games and Shuffle (Even if Sonic Shuffle didn't really turn out that good).

Shadow the Hedgehog was just a decent game. At the very least it was much better then Sonic 06 that came about a year later. But again that really doesn't mean much.

And no offense Solar Blaze, but I think you're coming off as a little too attached to the past.

Minuette said:

Well every voice except Sonic.
Also my opinion exactly on Shadow

Solar Blaze said:
My opinion on Shadow the Hedgehog? I thought it was a great game, and quite frankly, I don't understand all the hate for it. I'm by no means saying that it was perfect, but I still found it to be very fun and enjoyable to play, and it was simply brimming with replay value, because of all the alternate story paths and everything. As a matter of fact, I think I can safely say that I had more fun with this game than I did with just about any other Sonic game in the last few years, including overrated titles like Sonic Colors (Wii) and Generations.

Yoshidude99 said:

What do you mean? Sonic did get a new voice. If you meant that it sucks. I think it's already better then the 4Kids voice actor was earlier. I'd like to see what Sonic's new voice actor can do for Sonic when he's in SSB4

The only voice actor that didn't change was Robotnik/Eggman's. Because that one was actually really good.

Gummy said:

I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS GAME...

Minuette said:

Sonic 4 Episode 1 was bad-ish.

For starters Sonic felt extremly slow, slower than the Atari games.

Then they expect you to pay $30 FOR HALF A GAME!!! 15 USD..

Nintendo64Dude said:
Sonic Is Awesome with its music i like the City Escape one the classic one on Sonic Generations

I liked City Escape in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

Solar Blaze said:
And don't even get me started on that "Dr. Eggman of the Past" crap in Generations.

I wondered we that was even there if the Eggman of the Past was Robotnik. For some reason it sounds to me like Robot Nick.

Northern Verve said:
Yoshidude99 said:

I'd like to see what Sonic's new voice actor can do for Sonic when he's in SSB4

If he gets in SSB4.

Boidoh said:
Northern Verve said:

If he gets in SSB4.

I honestly have barely any doubts that Sonic will return. Sonic was very highly requested that they added him late in development for Brawl. Why would Nintendo choose not to return him? Especially when he had his own unique moveset and everything.

Northern Verve said:
Boidoh said:
Northern Verve said:

If he gets in SSB4.

I honestly have barely any doubts that Sonic will return. Sonic was very highly requested that they added him late in development for Brawl. Why would Nintendo choose not to return him? Especially when he had his own unique moveset and everything.

Ok this is gonna get off topic pretty soon though...

I actually enjoyed the fuck out of this game. It wasn't bad to me, but the Space Colony ARK levels were annoying as Hell, especially when I was trying to get all endings and all stages.

Northern Verve said:
And no offense Solar Blaze, but I think you're coming off as a little too attached to the past.
No, not really. I'm far from being a classic fanboy. I enjoy both the classics and the modern titles. Just because I happen to think "Dr. Eggman" is a lame name to give to a villain, doesn't mean I should be lumped with them. That aside, another problem I had with that "Nobody calls me THAT anymore." line is that it didn't make any sense as far as continuity is concerned. In Sonic Adventure (as his modern/future self), Robotnik got offended after Sonic called him "Eggman" and then corrected him. In Sonic Chronicles (again, as his modern self) referred to himself as "Doctor Robotnik" on several occasions, so what sense did it make for his classic self to say something stupid like that? To me, that line seemed if it wasn't meant to be anything more than a jab at the classic fanbase, or at least people who are in the same boat as I am, who just simply think "Eggman" is a stupid name.

It wasn't just that I was talking about. I was also mentioning the Shadow the Hedgehog Game > Sonic Colors and Generations. I know it's just your personal opinion. But there's a reason Shadow got average or mediocre scores and Colors and Generations got on average 7 to 8 out of 10s

@Solar

I think it's safe to say that Dr. Robotnik/Eggman has finally decided that he likes the Eggman name.

Probably because of the cool I AM THE EGGMAN song from SA2.

Northern Verve said:
It wasn't just that I was talking about. I was also mentioning the Shadow the Hedgehog Game > Sonic Colors and Generations. I know it's just your personal opinion. But there's a reason Shadow got average or mediocre scores and Colors and Generations got on average 7 to 8 out of 10s
Ah, I see. But still, my opinion doesn't have anything to do with being attached to the past. It's just that those games weren't as fun to me. I'm not saying that those games outright sucked or anything, but at the same time, I just don't think they're all they were hyped up to be, Generations especially.

Northern Verve said:
Yoshidude99 said:

What do you mean? Sonic did get a new voice. If you meant that it sucks. I think it's already better then the 4Kids voice actor was earlier. I'd like to see what Sonic's new voice actor can do for Sonic when he's in SSB4

The only voice actor that didn't change was Robotnik/Eggman's. Because that one was actually really good.
No seriously it sucks. The voice used in Heroes to Unleashed was the best.

Back