Samurai Jack

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Real awesome cartoon there.

I remembered that show and I loved it

Awesome show. Too bad it never got the ending (With a final showdown with Aku and Jack) it sorely needed.

They'd have to get someone else to voice Aku if they ever made a real ending for it though. Since Mako passed away years ago. That's a darn shame. Though at least Avatar still managed without him, Iroh still sounded good enough in Season 3.

GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS

is this a reboot or a reair?

Adult Swim's been doing reruns in the early morning for a while now. It's got to be a reboot/continuation.

Baby Luigi said:
is this a reboot or a reair?

I think most are saying it's a new season altogether. No doubt though it will probably feel a little different being on Adult Swim. It will probably have clear on-screen violence on stuff that are living things as opposed as the censors forcing them to make it Robots that Jack destroys (Though that one episode with the cannibal robot family was still pretty intense all things considered). Though I suppose that does work since Jack does travel to the future but nonetheless yeah.

Dexter's Lab sucked without Tartakovsky.

Just saying.

just saying :P

(in all honesty, I have high hopes)

Ash's Froakie said:
I only saw one episode.

that is surprising are you young or just never watched cartoon network as a kid??

Magikrazy said:
Dexter's Lab sucked without Tartakovsky.

Just saying.

just saying :P

(in all honesty, I have high hopes)

similar to how powerpuff girls went badly without mccracken

2 Episodes have aired so far. But this new season has been absolutely great. Episode 2 especially.

Episode 1 was good, just had to get alot of the stuff out of the way to explain about the 50 year timeskip between this episode and the end of Season 4. As well as introducing the Daughters of Aku

But Episode 2 is where things really ramped up. We see Aku is as awesome/hilarious as usual. Anyone who was worried he wouldn't be the same without Mako doing his voice should not be worried one bit anymore. They found a great sound-a-like. And then the intense fight/chase between Samurai Jack and the Daughters of Aku. And Jack for the first time ever killing another human. That's obviously going to affect his psyche amongst all the other things going on his mind that we see in both these episodes.

It's good to see Jack is back and as good as ever. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

mako was too good to be flawlessly imitated, but whoever was voicing aku did an alright job, i assume its the same guy who voiced iroh after mako passed away?

episode 2 had some pretty impressive shots, although the one that stood out to me was jack sprinting down those corridors near the end

So I managed to miss episode one, thinking it was airing last week. Whoops.

But I can talk about episode two.

Oh my lord where do I begin

Firstly, the action shots are phenomenal. As expected, it's far better animation than the original series.

I love how they didn't just bring in blood because it's on Adult Swim. They're using it as a thematic element, which is incredibly refreshing.

And holy shit that music is phenomenal hot damn

I would say my favorite scene is when Jack is hiding from the Daughters. That amazing music with those claustrophobic shots, and then the Daughters finding him and the action that follows and it's all so fucking great

I am so excited to continue watching.

Back