Wii U Specs Leaked?

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/22/wii-u-price-release-date-details-leaked-by-ubisoft-dev/

Article said:
A developer claiming to be from Ubisoft Milan has posted a batch of Wii U related information on an Italian message board. The developer believes that the price for Wii U will be between $350 – $450, and that the system will launch on November 23rd. Nintendo isn’t expected to reveal pricing or a release date until sometime after E3.

Wii U supports DirectX 11 and is already running Unreal Engine 4
Wii U will support to touch-screen controllers
The console has 2GB or RAM, 560MB dedicated to the OS
The launch date will be 23 November
Launch price hasn’t been decided but will be between $350 – $450
Rayman Legends, The Avengers, Assassin’s Creed 3, Just Dance 4 are all on Ubisoft’s Wii U schedule, with Killer Freaks from Outer Space set to arrive weeks after launch.
There are currently multiple versions of the console with developers
Graphics are powered by the Radeon HD 6770 chipset
Assassin’s Creed 3 will run at 60fps at 1080p, compared to 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360
Wii U will come with pre-installed software
Crytek, EA and Valve are all working on Wii U
Valve are working on a digital distribution platform and Portal ports
Wii U will support achievements
Wii U’s UI will be customisable
The new button has some link to the Wii Vitality Sensor
The trigger buttons won’t be analogue
Let me break this down for you guys-
First off, DirectX 11 is the current highest standard for gaming graphics- the 360 and PS3 only support DirectX 8 and OpenGL, respectively- DX11 is blowing them way out of the park in terms of graphical power.

RAM- RAM is the working memory of a computer, and most consoles are pretty low on it- but with more RAM, larger environments can be rendered, and multitasking suddenly becomes possible.

FPS is "frames per second", and the higher fps, the better- games look much smoother with a higher framerate.

The Radeon HD 6770 is one of the best gaming graphics cards on the market- which means the Wii U will have quite a long life as compared to its predecessor. This is more than an equivalent to our current gen consoles- this is blowing them out of the motherfucking water.

And Valve. You know, the guys that make Portal and Team Fortress 2. And Steam. The guys behind Steam and all those great games, working on a digital distribution platform with Nintendo. Valve and Nintendo.
HOLY SHIT.

Crytek make games that look abso-fucking-lutely gorgeous, and EA is always strong third-party support.

This is quite plausible, to me.

What're you doing?

GET HYPED.
 

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
Don't we already have a thread for this?

Also, it's a rumor. Take it with ten grains of salt.
 

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
Broly said:
The one problem I have is the price
The price is more than fair for what's offered. The graphics card by itself costs over 100 dollars.

Nabber said:
Don't we already have a thread for this?

Also, it's a rumor. Take it with ten grains of salt.
This rumor actually has a metric fuckton of supporting evidence from what studios have been telling us- and think about this for a moment- what if the Wii U has Steam?
 

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
Nabber said:
Like Nintendo would team up with an outside company for something like that.
Nintendo wants to bring the hardcore gamers back.

Teaming up with Valve and some of the best third parties- and utterly annihilating the current gen of consoles- is the perfect way to go about that.

E3. OH GOD, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL E3.
 

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
If this is true I will sell myself into prostitution to get the money for it.

I will do anything for a console of this power.

EDIT: no, not just a console- a Nintendo console.
 

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
Travis Touchdown said:
Nabber said:
Like Nintendo would team up with an outside company for something like that.
Nintendo wants to bring the hardcore gamers back.

Teaming up with Valve and some of the best third parties- and utterly annihilating the current gen of consoles- is the perfect way to go about that.

E3. OH GOD, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL E3.
Ahahaha Nintendo is as stubborn as a boulder.
 

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
Nintendo stated themselves that alienating their hardcore gamers was a bad idea- and from their recent efforts with the 3DS and Kid Icarus, I'm 100% sure that they're going to pull out all stops to make it happen.
 

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Don't the 360 and PS3 already have Steam? Wouldn't that make them up-to-date rather than ahead of the rest?

All that aside, looks like that would make for a good system, but it'd be useless without quality games, so I'd kinda like to see some early titles before I really get my hopes up.
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Travis Touchdown said:
This is more than an equivalent to our current gen consoles- this is blowing them out of the motherfucking water.
Which is as it should be. Nintendo needs to do more than just play catch-up with the competition, they need surpass them in every way they possibly can.

Now confirm me a bunch of sweet fighters and I'll be good to go.

Broly said:
Come on. Show us another F-Zero, Nintendo
That too.
 

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
Magus said:
Don't the 360 and PS3 already have Steam? Wouldn't that make them up-to-date rather than ahead of the rest?
What? No, they don't. At all.

PS3 has slight Steam integration with Portal 2, but that's the extent of it.

'3K said:
Which is as it should be. Nintendo needs to do more than just play catch-up with the competition, they need surpass them in every way they possibly can.
This. This so much.

Broly said:
Come on. Show us another F-Zero, Nintendo
HD F-Zero with online multiplayer.

Yes.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
If they just dump this dumb iPad thing they're trying to do and replace it with a good solid PS2-like controller I'm all for this.
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Well that's all well and good, Tabuu, but there's still the very massive issue of that stupid controller. And I don't trust Nintendo or Valve to collaborate with each other.

It's possible Valve might be interested; sure, they've had a long history of not ever making any games for Nintendo consoles, but then they were once harsh critics of the PlayStation Network before deciding last year that it was actually a pretty cool thing, so who knows what they'll do. But I doubt Nintendo have acknowledged the sheer influence Steam has over PC gaming and online distribution; they've kind of stuck themselves in a little bubble where no other innovations exist outside their little circle.
 

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
Well, I think Nintendo might just have learned their lesson from what happened last generation.
Honest-to-God collaboration between Nintendo and Valve would be epic in every way imaginable.

From what I've heard, the Wii U controller is...just fine to use, and it apparently just got a redesign with a better grip and dual analogs.



Literally everybody that's been hands-on with it says it's just fine.
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
@Tabuu: why? I doubt Nintendo would want Valve making any of their games, and I doubt Valve would be interested in making any of their games. If Nintendo are really so keen on having their own digital distribution service, they wouldn't be enlisting the help of another well-established company like Valve - who already have a monopoly on PC gaming digital distribution; they would be making their own service.

and that controller is not fine, it's hideous, still horribly designed and still a disgrace when compared to the perfectly good controller designs we had during the PlayStation 2/GameCube era.
 

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
Crocodile Dippy said:
@Tabuu: why? I doubt Nintendo would want Valve making any of their games, and I doubt Valve would be interested in making any of their games. If Nintendo are really so keen on having their own digital distribution service, they wouldn't be enlisting the help of another well-established company like Valve - who already have a monopoly on PC gaming digital distribution; they would be making their own service.

and that controller is not fine, it's hideous, still horribly designed and still a disgrace when compared to the perfectly good controller designs we had during the PlayStation 2/GameCube era.
Valve would be bringing their own games to the platform- and possibly Steam- since it already has DX11 support and the such, I imagine porting over Steam's entire library would be no trouble at all. And if you had fully-featured Steam, on a console...

And I know the controller doesn't look good, but every critic has said that it actually feels just fine when you use it.

Also, the Dualshock controller will always be the best design, with the GameCube's just behind.
 

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Well, I love the whole controller concept, I don't.know why some people don't like it. And it's highly probable the Classic Controller will be compatible, so yeah.
 
Top