Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
Issue LXII was just released! And there are some big announcements in the Staff Notes, so go check them! Also, we'd like to officially welcome Smasher to the Core Staff! Congratulations and we look forward to working with you. He'll be replacing Fawfulfury65 as Music and Art Director. We'd also like to thanks FF for everything, she'll be missed in the Core Staff.

More congratulations... Congratulations to Toad85 on winning his second SOTM, to MG1 on writing his 30th Main Section, to SMB on writing his 40th and to me on writing my 50th!

And we ask you please to vote for the May SOTM. Here's the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFFIaHJ4aWFLZjAweldfelV2alRjV0E6MQ#gid=0

Enjoy!

This was a fairly good issue overall. I missed MCD's sections, would have liked to have read them. I thought Music and Artwork was above average, Fun Stuff was passable, Fake News was slightly understaffed.

My favorite sections, however, were in the main team sections, particularly the Interview (which was my favorite), Dippy's review, and the History of Gaming. Those three were by far the highest quality sections this issue in my opinion.

Yeah, I thought that the Interview, Crocodile Style Review, and History of Gaming sections were the best as well, though I also enjoyed your section, Bop (maybe because I just like wiki activities). Great issue, guys.

I personally found the interview a complete slog to read through; too much random silliness, not enough interviewing.

Incidentally, we're going to overhaul Fun Stuff's formatting before long because the tables we had before consistently stuffed up every issue and we're all just sick of it. Also, I don't know why Review Corner wasn't split into two this issue, but I'll make sure it is next issue.

Don't forget to vote for your favourite section of Issue LXII. And please stop voting for entire sub-teams. We don't count those.

(also sorry for not pulling a story from my matilda this issue, but considering I had major open heart surgery this month, I like to think I've a pretty good excuse)

Pretty good issue this month, but I couldn't help but feel a few sections (like Fading into Obscurity) were too short.

I liked Dippy's review more than his previous ones for some reason. I guess nothing seemed forced? Not sure if that's it or not, but it was certainly a very good couple of reviews. You don't even let open-heart surgery stop you from making awesome sections, man; keep up the good work. I Am Alive looks rather unbalanced. Journey is something I'd gladly play if I had a PS3.

Toad85's section was really good too. Really informative stuff that I honestly never even knew about. I like this section.

Also, Toadbert's advertisement was quite funny too.

Crocodile Dippy said:
I personally found the interview a complete slog to read through; too much random silliness, not enough interviewing.
By my count, I only asked Smasher 4 questions less than I asked Superchao last month. Which is still more than I usually go in expecting to ask. I'm not counting the silly questions in that, either.

Although I admit we strayed off-topic a lot, and that the intro part probably could have been snipped out. There was just a fluent (albeit, entirely goofy) rhythm in the interview that I didn't want to halt in order to keep the generally serious tone I have prepared for each interview. And it's not like Smasher's known for his seriousness outside of really important matters. Anything else might've seemed too unnatural.

It certainly wasn't anywhere near as informative or serious as my previous interviews (I even said in the introduction that this was the "wackiest" interview I've done). But in this case, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Don't worry about it becoming a trend, though. I personally found this interview a pleasant break from the norm, but it's not something I'd do frequently.

Danny The Street said:
Yeah I quit reading after Stooben undied
You didn't even make it that far, because Smasher and I killed you while the interview took place.

I have to say that I liked my own, Dippy, and Nabber's Review Corner the best.

I obviously like my own.

Dippy did a fantastic job as always. He typically reviews games that I am not personally familiar with, which actually is a plus. Thanks for introducing me to Journey, you made it sound like I might want to check it out.

Nabber's Review Corner was kind of simplistic, but he did his job well. I'd give him an A for effort.

I also liked Bop's section and Fake News, but FN was hilariously understaffed, and you can't really call Bop's a "best," since it's only a chart.

I would like to note here that from now on in Find the Differences, try to look for Watt.

Also, Toad, you did fantastic on your section. Definitely voting for it.

Stooben said:
Danny The Street said:
Yeah I quit reading after Stooben undied
You didn't even make it that far, because Smasher and I killed you while the interview took place.
Stooben why did you kill me I thought we were friends hell you were the best man at mine and Quizmo's wedding

Toad85 said:
but FN was hilariously understaffed

"hilariously"?

also, I would've wrote something for fake news if my keyboard hadn't 5crewed up. and there's always a solution (and don't all of you work for me now anyway?).

I think the interview actually picks up the pace when you get to the middle part, when the cluster of goofing off from the beginning is out of the way. From then on out it's a pretty solid read, until it goes back to joking for a bit at the end.

I don't think Fake News was actually that understaffed, but then again I've seen times where it only had two sub-sections to go and it looked very, very depressing.

Also, man, we have so many good main team articles these days. I remember when it was the Fake News that hoarded all the spotlight. MCD, maybe the two of us should team up and make an attempt to put the old king back on his throne.

Back