Star Fox-Metroid: Fusion Saga

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/19/rumor-star-fox-and-metroid-teaming-up-on-wii-u
...I really don't know how I feel about this. I love both franchises and Retro Studios, but an actual main series crossover between two Nintendo franchises that have varied moods? I really am torn between whether this could be real, or if I want it to be. I'd be totally fine, no even exhilarated with new additions to each one. A crossover is something I can't put my finger around though. I'll just wait and see if this is real and how Retro attacks it, I guess.

I can think of one thing though. If this can somehow miraculously blow our comprehension away (work) or even happen with good reception, there is absolutely no viable reason Nintendo or SEGA could give as to how a Mario/Sonic cross-over couldn't work gameplay-wise. Just saying.

Wow this is a totally weird rumor. How do they even explain how the 2 Universes coexist? Considering Star Fox is much more Family Friendly. Star Fox: Assault kinda got a little dark because of the Aparoid invasion. But I don't think it was nearly as much as say what the Metroid species did or Ridley.

If they can combine the gameplay elements of both series well enough it could work. But it seems awkward no matter how much anyone could try to write a real story to justify a crossover.

I'm intrigued, though I'm having issues wrapping my head around how Andross would be able to use Metroids for his own gains without them killing him.

Northern Verve said:
Wow this is a totally weird rumor. How do they even explain how the 2 Universes coexist? Considering Star Fox is much more Family Friendly. Star Fox: Assault kinda got a little dark because of the Aparoid invasion. But I don't think it was nearly as much as say what the Metroid species did or Ridley.

If they can combine the gameplay elements of both series well enough it could work. But it seems awkward no matter how much anyone could try to write a real story to justify a crossover.
I think that's the least of our concerns. Just have some space-time disturbance and it works, every time. Or some being with the power to do it. Video games, comics, shows, movies, and every other media can get away with that sort of topic. Also, I think the data given here suggests Star Fox entered Samus' universe, which likely attracted Andross as well.

Follow-up to Fusion. The Galactic Federation commissions Team Star Fox to hunt down fugitive Samus who has just destroyed the B.S.L.

[/badfanfiction]

Oh man. Metroid Fox Fusion: starring Adam Malkovich as Peppy Hare.

I authorized that barrel roll, now do one!

Ridley can play Leon.

this could be very interesting if it is real. I'm going to keep an eye on this.

Spoilers: Final Boss is Andross mechanically fused with the Metroid Queen aka Andross Queen.

Magus said:
Oh man. Metroid Fox Fusion: starring Adam Malkovich as Peppy Hare.

Use of Smart Bombs will not be authorized until post-game.

I know exactly what's next. StarTropics and SimCity.

SimTropics.

You know, if this has a chance at working, there's also a chance Mario and Kirby could work. They're both platformers, have a focus on stars, have weird, yet memorable and recurring bosses and enemies, great versatility in power-ups, fat, etc. They're just such perfect parallels of each other that it isn't even funny when you think about it.

Super Mario Bros' Dream Land.

*stars hyperventilating*

*recovers*

God damn, this sounds beyond awesome! It's about time Nintendo tried something like this! Now all we need is a Mario/The Legend of Zelda crossover!

if this is real, then it is incredibly dumb and Nintendo should feel completely ashamed of themselves

Back