Star Fox-Metroid: Fusion Saga

Crocodile Dippy said:
if this is real, then it is incredibly dumb and Nintendo should feel completely ashamed of themselves
Well, technically, this is Retro Studios, who do good work, so I'd like to have faith in them. I'd like for them to explain how Fox and Samus would meet; namely are they part of the same universe or from different dimensions? While I'd prefer the latter choice, I could buy the "same universe" idea, in that they could simply be on opposite ends of the universe and never had the chance encounter until now.

This will either be fucking amazing or a fucking failure.

I think it might be more on the amazing side.

Northern Verve said:
Wow this is a totally weird rumor. How do they even explain how the 2 Universes coexist? Considering Star Fox is much more Family Friendly. Star Fox: Assault kinda got a little dark because of the Aparoid invasion. But I don't think it was nearly as much as say what the Metroid species did or Ridley.

If they can combine the gameplay elements of both series well enough it could work. But it seems awkward no matter how much anyone could try to write a real story to justify a crossover.
lot's of duck tape

This seemed a bit odd at first but it would totally be awesome, about time Nintendo made a cross-over and I'd love to see a Fire Emblem and LOZ crossover.

Z-omb said:
This seemed a bit odd at first but it would totally be awesome, about time Nintendo made a cross-over and I'd love to see a Fire Emblem and LOZ crossover.
I'd rather see a Fire Emblem/Mother crossover (Mother Emblem). They have a lot in common, actually.

Both are RPGs.
Both were Japan-exclusive for certain games.
Both started around the same time.
In the Brawl roster, Mother characters are in the same column as Fire Emblem characters.
Many didn't know about either series until Smash Bros.
etc.

Magikrazy said:
Z-omb said:
I'd rather see a Fire Emblem/Mother crossover (Mother Emblem). They have a lot in common, actually.

Both are RPGs.
Both were Japan-exclusive for certain games.
Both started around the same time.
In the Brawl roster, Mother characters are in the same column as Fire Emblem characters.
Many didn't know about either series until Smash Bros.
etc.
Yeah, I'd rather not let that happen. Animal space squads and space bounty hunters are one thing, but I draw the line as to seeing Fire Emblem get involved with aliens and kids with PSI powers. The presentations are similar, but the context inside each series is not. That's why I still prefer Fire Emblem with Zelda and Mother, with say, Pikmin instead. But that's just me, you're free to have your own opinion.

RandomGuy said:
Isn't Andross dead? :???:
Thing about video game characters, like comic book characters, they never stay dead for long.

Although at least with Star Fox Adventures, there was some kind of mystical explanation for how Andross came back.

Smashgoom202 said:
RandomGuy said:
Thing about video game characters, like comic book characters, they never stay dead for long.

Well, except Ridley. He's been dead since Super Metroid if you don't count the clones.

Mario4Ever said:
Smashgoom202 said:
RandomGuy said:

Well, except Ridley. He's been dead since Super Metroid if you don't count the clones.
Ah yes, good point... Thanks for reminding me. :mad:

Actually, funnily enough, I just went on a rant about Metroid: Other M on several other forums, with Ridley's part in Other M being one of them.

How would this fit into their timelines?

This will probably NEVER be referenced in their series after this, like every other cross-over in history. Then, we have the fans argue over whether its non-canon or canon.

To me it sounds odd for a crossover but hey at least a new sort of Star Fox game is being made, because the chronologically last one sucked.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/30/retros-star-fox-metroid-collaboration-isnt-happening/

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/05/30/confirmed-status-update-on-retro-studios-making-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/

Well... shoot. :(

Eh, at least Nintendo at least considered it and may think about more potential cross-overs in the future like with Pokemon Conquest.

Still you guys, there's the chance this could've been one of those cheesy, horribly done cross-overs. So at least give that a thought.

Last thing I want for Star Fox is another crappy game, although an incredible story can be made if the next Star Fox is starred by Fox's son, oh the drama and action there will be :lol:

Professor Mario said:
Still you guys, there's the chance this could've been one of those cheesy, horribly done cross-overs. So at least give that a thought.

Not likely, since it's not part of Retro Studios' MO to make something that sucks.

Back