Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Both series are equally as good.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Neither of them are good.

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
RandomGuy said:
Tatanga said:
Pokemon. If you mentioned Digimon in the 90s you'd get laughed out of the playground, I learnt to stick to Pokemon and not to even try to become interested in Digimon.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't keep a cold shoulder though

You should be able to become interested in whatever the fuck you want. Nothing stopped you from looking into it but not mentioning it to others.

I think 'I never bothered to look into digimon' is a better way of wording your post.

Give me a break, peer pressure is a very hard thing to fight against when you're 7.

It was also a very dark age where not many people had a home computer and we had no idea what the 'internet' was. Nowadays you can easily use the internet to look into stuff beyond the mainstream spectrum, but back then that was impossible. You liked whatever was on TV (which for me at the time was 5 channels) the most; what your parents got you as birthday/Christmas gifts; what your siblings got you into; and what all the other kids at school liked, because that's all you knew of, you were ignorant to everything else. I however did have a McDonalds soft toy of that orange dinosaur Digimon, I remember really liking that, I pretended it was a Charmander.

Okay, no need to explain it to me. I had peer pressure troubles too. But it wasn't a huge deal.

Please tell me your over 7 though. Because if you are, there's nothing stopping you from checking the Internet and looking at it a bit. Not saying you have too. But there's no peer pressure holding you back and you know what the Internet is.

Oh, and that digimon is Agumon. Loved that guy on rumble arena 2. Him and Veemon. Fucking Vee Headbutt was overkill.

Honestly, Pokemon. Digimon is okay but much more complex than Pokemon is and has been. I haven't played any Pokemon games in forever (since Onix or whatever was my favorite Pokemon) but otherwise, yeah. Pokemon's not bad.

What i'm saying is that Both can't be an answer since the question is specifically asking which is better they both can't be better because the word better means that one is greater then the other so the only way for that to make sense was if the both answer was reworded to say something like "Both series are equally as good." And while i'm at it wouldn't neither be the same as both since neither means neither one of them is better which is the same as saying they are both as good as each other.

Pokemon! Heck yeah! :D i played digimon, it sucks :l soo bad lol

Xenophon P. Wilfley said:
What i'm saying is that Both can't be an answer since the question is specifically asking which is better they both can't be better because the word better means that one is greater then the other so the only way for that to make sense was if the both answer was reworded to say something like "Both series are equally as good." And while i'm at it wouldn't neither be the same as both since neither means neither one of them is better which is the same as saying they are both as good as each other.

you do have a point shoey.

Digimon.

Pokemon rocks and is fun but Digimon can talk and had a much better show. I mean Pikachu:Pika Pi. Agumon:I'm Hungry.Also, you can understand it better.

The monsters in Digimon having 'mon as a suffix is redundant.
Mario7727 said:
Pokemon! Heck yeah! :D i played digimon, it sucks :l soo bad lol

The anime plot is better because it doesn't need recycled material to make a plot

Crackin355 said:
Okay, no need to explain it to me. I had peer pressure troubles too. But it wasn't a huge deal.

Please tell me your over 7 though. Because if you are, there's nothing stopping you from checking the Internet and looking at it a bit. Not saying you have too. But there's no peer pressure holding you back and you know what the Internet is.

Oh, and that digimon is Agumon. Loved that guy on rumble arena 2. Him and Veemon. *bleep*ing Vee Headbutt was overkill.
No, I was 7 then. I'm much older now, and will be even older next week.

The peer pressure thing was mainly a tongue-in-cheek statement borne out of fond memories of every kid I knew back then being mad about Pokemon and hating Digimon. I don't think anyone actually knew the slightest thing about Digimon apart from it being called 'Digimon' and being all about monsters, because the similarities in name and concept everyone said Digimon was copying Pokemon, which meant they hated it. I remember being brought a magazine which was about both Pokemon AND Digimon (it was probably not licensed), the magazine stated that Digimon came before Pokemon. This didn't affect my love of Pokemon in any way, but I found this 'fact' very interesting since it eliminated everyone's theory that Digimon copied Pokemon (well it would've done if the 'fact' was true, which it isn't). I thought the kids at school would find this revelation very interesting and thought provoking too, so the next day in school I told everyone, I didn't get the reaction I expected. Let's just say it didn't go down well, probably because they thought I was implying that Pokemon copied Digimon rather than the other way around, which of course was blasphemy. I was unpopular for a short while after that.

You kids now think you have it good with your internet, your drugs and your Pokemon Black and White 2s, but back then Pokemon made it a hell of a great time to be alive. The world literally revolved around Pokemon. Everyone played the games, everyone watched the TV show and everyone collected the cards. You could go into any newsagents and the magazine shelves would be lined with Pokemon books and magazines, and the shop counter would have racks of Pokemon cards either side of it (or behind the counter since they were often targetted by children with light fingers). Pokemon was constantly on TV whether it be advertisements or the TV show. 'Pokemon: The First Movie' got the hype and promotion that could rival any big blockbuster that's released nowadays. Pokemon toys (of which there was a big variety) were in the majority of shops, even shops that have nothing to do with toys like record stores (remember them?) and clothes shops because they knew people with kids would buy them. There was constant promotions such as Pokemon pogs being put in crisp packets or little toys in cereal. Pokemon pictures were in shop windows, Pokemon games/toys were the first thing you saw when you entered a games/toy shop... I could go on. There simply wasn't room for Digimon or anything else.

There was a dark side however, particularly with the cards - they were great objects of desire so kids often got them stolen out their bags, pressured into 'trading' them or even beaten up for them. Kids whose parents couldn't afford them would get bullied as well. It didn't take long for them to be completely banned from my school, rightly so too. Thinking back it's totally insane to think how huge it was, people too young to remember those days possibly can't even begin to imagine what it was like and we probably won't ever see any fad that big ever again. Of course a couple of years later the fad died out and Pokemon became unpopular, but it was fun while it lasted.

Hate to break it to you, but I didn't ask for your life story.

"your internet, your drugs..." oh come on, don't act like your a wise guy because your probably older than me, I only said that you have the ability to even have a peek at it.

Plus, now it's even worse, of you don't like CoD or Battlefield, everybody thinks your insane. And those games aren't nearly as good as Pokemon, from my experiences playing them.

But this is completely off-topic, go make a thread about it or something. I'm tempted to get a copy of Digimon Rumble Arena, to see if it's as amazing as I remember.

Crackin355 said:
Plus, now it's even worse, of you don't like CoD or Battlefield, everybody thinks your insane. And those games aren't nearly as good as Pokemon, from my experiences playing them.
They are completely different genres, so don't compare them like that. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Pokemon Gold/Silver are both amazing games in their own right, but they are so utterly different it's foolish to claim one as better than the other so simply.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Crackin355 said:
They are completely different genres, so don't compare them like that. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Pokemon Gold/Silver are both amazing games in their own right, but they are so utterly different it's foolish to claim one as better than the other so simply.

I base games off of fun. If i have more fun with one, i like it it better than the other. I said from my experiences, people can have what opinions they want.

EDIT: no sure I explained that well, you could say I don't care what the genre is, I base my opinion on the fun value I get from one. If a game is truly amazing (people would put skyrim here, which i need to try) and I don't have fun with it, I like the flawed game that I had fun with more.

As a kid, I watched both of them like a coolkid. I preferred Digimon though. Kids in my primary school didn't actually mind either way; Transformer Armada was more popular iirc.

Crackin355 said:
Hate to break it to you, but I didn't ask for your life story.

"your internet, your drugs..." oh come on, don't act like your a wise guy because your probably older than me, I only said that you have the ability to even have a peek at it.

But this is completely off-topic, go make a thread about it or something. I'm tempted to get a copy of Digimon Rumble Arena, to see if it's as amazing as I remember.
What's your problem you little prick? Why you acting aggressive towards me? All I was doing was doing sharing a story, one which was relevant to the topic because it explained why I liked Pokemon back then and didn't like Digimon, I thought it may be of some interest too. I didn't expect some jumped up little prick who wouldn't dare speak to me like that in real life because I'd cave his face in to jump down my throat because of it.

The 'your internet, your drugs...' line was a joke. Why do people on here find it so difficult to see and take a joke? If you want me to be a wise guy then I will - it's 'you're a wise guy' not 'your a wise guy', you are = you're. If you want to insult me unprovoked then learn to spell to an acceptable standard. How was I acting like a wise guy anyway?

Yes, I know I can take a peak at Digimon if I wanted to, I'm just not really that interested. No, what I said wasn't off topic, no I won't make a thread about it or something, don't tell me what to do. OK?

Gogeta said:
>Stating that he's aggressive and mean
>Calling him a prick.
Here we go, I'm the bad guy again because I responded to someone who had a go at me for no reason :rolleyes:.

Tatanga said:
Gogeta said:
>Calling him a prick.
Here we go, I'm the bad guy again because I responded to someone who had a go at me for no reason :rolleyes:.

I agree with GalacticPetey. He has a right to be aggressive now.

Tatanga said:
Gogeta said:
>Calling him a prick.

Usually when you write a few paragraphs being serious, the jokes aren't too obvious. Sorry we don't have the same humor, I'm sorry, but I honestly dont care about it, all I said before was you hade the ability to check it out and you haven't even bothered. It's not my choice if you do or do not, but actually haven't even replied to that saying that you don't or do want to.

I wasn't trying to be mean, your jokes just... Aren't that good I'm afraid. Being completely honest here. So please handle your anger back, because it makes you look like the prick as well. Plus you sound really cocky. Cocky people are the worst.

Just clarifying that I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but you're being kind of a hypocrite. I mean, I didn't even call you anything bad and you start calling me a prick.

Awesome Koopa said:
Tatanga said:
Gogeta said:
>Calling him a prick.

I'm not sure what you're agreeing with, but thanks for your input :yoshi:.

Crackin355 said:
Tatanga said:
Gogeta said:
>Calling him a prick.

Usually when you write a few paragraphs being serious, the jokes aren't too obvious. Sorry we don't have the same humor, I'm sorry, but I honestly dont care about it, all I said before was you hade the ability to check it out and you haven't even bothered. It's not my choice if you do or do not, but actually haven't even replied to that saying that you don't or do want to.

I wasn't trying to be mean, your jokes just... Aren't that good I'm afraid. Being completely honest here. So please handle your anger back, because it makes you look like the prick as well. Plus you sound really *bleep*y. *bleep*y people are the worst.

Just clarifying that I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but you're being kind of a hypocrite. I mean, I didn't even call you anything bad and you start calling me a prick.
If you don't antagonise me then I won't retaliate. You took it upon yourself to talk down and be rude to me for no apparent reason (despite you having the snide to not, in your words, 'call me anything bad'). That's not acceptable in my book and I'll stand up for myself against anyone who does so. I have no problems with my anger, however if some little dickhead decides to have a go at me for no reason then I won't hesitate in expressing my right to react regardless of whether I look like a prick or a hypocrite.

What was it that offended you? Was it a small, sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek, clearly non-serious statement that wasn't even meant to be particularly funny, which completely flew over your head and made you totally misinterpret it like a utter moron thereby taking offence? Or was it me forgetting to say that I'm not really interested enough in Digimon to invest the time and potentially money to get into it? Anime and manga aren't my cup of tea and likely never will be. I've researched the games in the past and most unbiased views put the best of them in the 'average' category with the rest in the 'poor' category, which hardly makes me desperate to buy one. Plus stuff like Digimon, Pokemon and Mario are the sort of thing you get into when you're young (IMO), it's hard to forge an interest in such things when you're older. Happy now?

Also, don't flatter yourself kid, you didn't hurt my feelings, it takes a bit more than some silly jumped up little boy on the internet who thinks he's clever to do that. I do however take offence to being spoken to disrespectfully, so please, do piss off and take care not to do it again. Congrats on learning the difference between 'your' and 'you're' though! Don't worry, no need to thank me.

Tatanga said:
Awesome Koopa said:
Tatanga said:
Gogeta said:
>Calling him a prick.

I'm not sure what you're agreeing with, but thanks for your input :yoshi:.

Crackin355 said:
Tatanga said:
Gogeta said:
>Calling him a prick.

I wasn't trying to be mean, your jokes just... Aren't that good I'm afraid. Being completely honest here. So please handle your anger back, because it makes you look like the prick as well. Plus you sound really *bleep*y. *bleep*y people are the worst.

If you don't antagonise me then I won't retaliate. You took it upon yourself to talk down and be rude to me for no apparent reason (despite you having the snide to not, in your words, 'call me anything bad'). That's not acceptable in my book and I'll stand up for myself against anyone who does so. I have no problems with my anger, however if some little dickhead decides to have a go at me for no reason then I won't hesitate in expressing my right to react regardless of whether I look like a prick or a hypocrite.

What was it that offended you? Was it a small, sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek, clearly non-serious statement that wasn't even meant to be particularly funny, which completely flew over your head and made you totally misinterpret it like a utter moron thereby taking offence? Or was it me forgetting to say that I'm not really interested enough in Digimon to invest the time and potentially money to get into it? Anime and manga aren't my cup of tea and likely never will be. I've researched the games in the past and most unbiased views put the best of them in the 'average' category with the rest in the 'poor' category, which hardly makes me desperate to buy one. Plus stuff like Digimon, Pokemon and Mario are the sort of thing you get into when you're young (IMO), it's hard to forge an interest in such things when you're older. Happy now?

Also, don't flatter yourself kid, you didn't hurt my feelings, it takes a bit more than some silly jumped up little boy on the internet who thinks he's clever to do that. I do however take offence to being spoken to disrespectfully, so please, do piss off and take care not to do it again. Congrats on learning the difference between 'your' and 'you're' though! Don't worry, no need to thank me.
This is why we're raging at you.

You know what? Your (I did that on purpose to spite you) the one who started this. I'm looking at the post you quoted when you "told him off", I found nothing antagonizing about it! You simply overreacted! Plus, you're being very hypocritical by saying that he's attacking you, while you are calling him a prick and making fun of his grammar. He wasn't trying to start anything! You decided to start yelling at him for no reason!

Now just stop it already!

Back