What happens if you go to Hideout Helm without any Blue Prints?

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
What happens if you go to Hideout Helm and never collected a single blueprint? In the all dozen or so times I've beaten this game 101% over the many years, I've never tried it. What does Snide say? Do you actually get zero minutes? Also, does anyone know what happens if the timer reaches zero in Hideout Helm? I have always theorized they show that ending with K. Rool you get when you quit the game, but perhaps it is something a little more? I know some people rushed to beat the timer and did not collect the Banana Medals, thinking they could go back later and get them. Boy, were they sorry. No 101% for them.

Without any blueprints, you get ten minutes by default, and I think you just get the Game Over screen if the timer runs out.

Mario4Ever said:
Without any blueprints, you get ten minutes by default, and I think you just get the Game Over screen if the timer runs out.
You think? Hasn't anyone ever not made it? This could be an additional question for the topic: How much time did you have for Hideout Helm and were you nervous? Is ten minutes even possible?

And Snide must have SOME sort of a snide remark if you handed him ZERO blueprints. What could he possibly say? "Hey you moron! You didn't give me any blueprints!" or something like that. I wish I knew. But if you didn't give him any, he has to have said SOMETHING.

If that story about just the game over ending is true, then some kid lied to me was back when, telling me you would see all the Kongs die in a horrible explosion and Candy Kong's head would go flying through the air, her body blown to bits. That was the good old days before YouTube.

I just looked up the game over sequence, and the video description said that it plays if you fail to shut the Blast-O-Matic down. Btw, you have to remember that DK64 is not rated M.

Back