Galaxy Savefile to SD Card to Wii

Boidoh

King Bowser
Banned User
I wanted to unlock rosalina on MK Wii but then the last mirror 150cc race was giving me trouble to get a star rank (dont give me tips i dont want them :D) So i was looking at the other options.. It would definatley take MORE time to get 4000+ races than do the star thing, but then i looked at the first option... 50 races with galaxy 1 savefile.. I have Galaxy 2 but that doesnt seem to work..

I was wondering if i could dowload a galaxy savefile somehow from the internet...

How do i move this onto my SD card?

http://www.wiisave.com/?cid=149

Re: Galaxy Savefile?

You can't download it. But I would buy the game, its my second favorite game.

It's probably possible, I just don't think anyone would have a Galaxy save file lying around on the Internet.

As for the second and easier option, you should probably just get SMG itself. It's an awesome game.

I dont live in the us. And where they do sell it is 89 BZ Dollars. Divide that by 2 and get it in US Dollars..

Anyways my friend has it but he doesnt want to copy the save file..

Nabber said:
You can't download it. But I would buy the game, its my second favorite game.
Mariomario64 said:
It's probably possible, I just don't think anyone would have a Galaxy save file lying around on the Internet.

As for the second and easier option, you should probably just get SMG itself. It's an awesome game.

http://www.wiisave.com/?cid=149

I guess i proved you all wrong :D

TROLOLOL

The only question that remains is how do i put it on my SD card (Like which folder)... and will it show when i put in my SD card.. Can i move it to me wii.

You must to have SMG before you copy SD in you Wii or it won't work

You need to buy it, it costs $20

I live in the run-down *bleep*-hole known as what I am forced to call home.. Belize, no, its not a paradise..

They say our main language is english but we mostly talk Creole.. grammar nazis wouldn't want to live here...

Here's a solution

After downloading a save, you'll either get a plain old data.bin or a zipped file.

If you have a data.bin, you have to place it in a folder structure on your SD card like so: \private\wii\title\GAME\data.bin (replacing GAME with it's corresponding game code from the game code list).

If you get a zipped file, it most likely has all of it's folder structure in tact, so all you have to do is extract it to your SD card so it shows up like the above folder structure.

Once you have the file in place on your SD card, you can then put the SD card in to your Wii and go to your saved game(s) on your SD card (Wii Options > Data Management > Save Data > Wii > SD card tab), select the saved game that you want and select Copy. Keep in mind that if you already have a save on your Wii that you're trying to replace, it wont overwrite it, so you'll have to backup your save, then delete it off your Wii internal memory to be able to transfer the new one on.

Baby Luigi said:
Here's a solution

After downloading a save, you'll either get a plain old data.bin or a zipped file.

If you have a data.bin, you have to place it in a folder structure on your SD card like so: \private\wii\title\GAME\data.bin (replacing GAME with it's corresponding game code from the game code list).

If you get a zipped file, it most likely has all of it's folder structure in tact, so all you have to do is extract it to your SD card so it shows up like the above folder structure.

Once you have the file in place on your SD card, you can then put the SD card in to your Wii and go to your saved game(s) on your SD card (Wii Options > Data Management > Save Data > Wii > SD card tab), select the saved game that you want and select Copy. Keep in mind that if you already have a save on your Wii that you're trying to replace, it wont overwrite it, so you'll have to backup your save, then delete it off your Wii internal memory to be able to transfer the new one on.

I saw this on answers.... So... will it work if i DONT have the game?

So how do i do it if i dont have it.. it worked but i dont have the game.

It will work if you don't have the game since all that is required is a save. It's like buying the actual game, creating a save, then ejecting the disc immediately and leaving it in the game box forever.

Besides, how in the world are you going to unlock Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii with Super Mario Galaxy in the Wii?

Gardevoir said:
When i move it it says "you need to play the game atleast one time before moving the save file"

I think you have to make your game system create the savefile by playing the game so yes, you do need to buy it

Nabber said:
In my opinion Rosalina isn't even that great of a character.

And you're helping him.....how?

Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:
In my opinion Rosalina isn't even that great of a character.

And you're helping him.....how?
I'm saying that I wouldn't go out of my way to get her in Mario Kart Wii. That's just me, though. :P

Your personal opinion does not match up with the TC's opinion. He probably might think Rosalina is the best character ever

If you're really desperate in having Rosalina, maybe you should download a Mario Kart Wii save? Unlock everything else first, then download a Mario Kart Wii save.

Oh, that's right *facepalm*

guess you have no choice other than to softmod it if you can't acquire a Super Mario Galaxy save or you can't get a star in all mirror mode cups or complete a certain number of races.

Back