Dieting Thread

Kyoko Sakura

Celestial Guide
Have you ever been on a diet? I've been on a diet since Wednesday morning.

As of this post, I've had this many meals on the diet:
APR 25 WED: 1, 2, C,
APR 26 THU: 3, 4, 5,
APR 27 FRI: 6, 7, 8,
APR 28 SAT: 9, 10, 11,
APR 29 SUN: 12, 13, 14,
APR 30 MON: 15, 16.

I haven't had dinner yet today. The letter "C" indicates a "cheat" meal (it was pretty unwise of me to start my diet on my cheat day) but I hereby declare Wednesday dinners are my once-a-week cheat meals. I don't think I'll update my list, but my point is, the diet is consistent... besides Wednesday night. My diet mostly consists of cottage cheese, yogurt, fruits, veggies, chicken, and fish. I guess it's what one might call a low carb diet, but I'm also trying to avoid too much fat and other bad things. I've also chosen not to eat fast food or soda anymore. (My cheat meals will juts be normal meals I guess.)

Anyway, what about you guys? If you've been on a diet, what's the longest you've ever been able to stick to a one?

I'm on the "I'll Eat Whatever I Want, Whenever I Want" diet. It's pretty good. I enjoy it a lot. :]

No seriously. I am not dieting, even though I should be more mindful with what I eat. I eat too much junk food, and one of these days my highly fast metabolism will slow down and catch up with me in the long run. :\

I've always been a major athlete, so I've never really had to diet, mostly because I'd burn off whatever I ate. After I hit college, and I stopped sports, I just sort of, stopped eating, since I wasnt hungry anymore. I've never really dieted, because I've never really had to. I dont really have any health concerns either, that require me to eat specific things. I have generally good eating habits anyways, and I'm not very picky, so I eat just about anything. My main diet I guess, is just dont over eat. But I understand people who do diet, and wish them luck. I used to be overweight, but I never really had to diet, because I just exercised a ton. ramble ramble, old man brock, up hill to school both ways in blizzard, ok i'll stop..

I'm on Gluten and Dairy free diet, even I don't really like to refer it as a "diet"

Dieting fails, so I don't "need" to go on a diet nor do I want one. It doesn't sound sustainable (and it probably isn't)

Eh, I'm not really on a diet. I eat great, and I burn it all off.

Yeah. Me neither, technically Gluten and Dairy free technically a diet per say.

MarioBros2 said:

Even though everyone is technically on a diet, just not a restricted one

Baby Luigi said:
MarioBros2 said:

Even though everyone is technically on a diet, just not a restricted one
Yeah. I'm pretty skinny, but man, I gotta lay off the Gluten-free cinnamon chex!

I'm on a diet, just like the other 7 billion humans in this planet.

However, it's not those restrictive, futile, self-denial ones. Weighing at 98 pounds in a 17 year old 5'1'' body, there's really no need for me to diet.

I'm a proponent of eating what you want, what you want, and in the amounts you want (I figure that if it's excessive, your sense of pride will encourage you to moderate your portion size).

I am going on a no food whatsoever diet at some point during may. From that point on I'll only ingest liquids for the next few months!

Fun!

Mario4Ever said:
I'm a proponent of eating what you want, what you want, and in the amounts you want (I figure that if it's excessive, your sense of pride will encourage you to moderate your portion size).
Hey did you read my post on here? ;]
We think the same, broski.

Does being on a diet strictly mean limiting your food intake to lose weight? I eat more doughnuts than an entire police force but then I go in the bathroom and blaaaarf! I feel so nice and slim afterwords! And I still got to eat the doughnuts!

Well technically, a diet is any meal pattern someone goes by. So it doesn't even have to be healthy or revolved around weight lost to be a diet. "My diet consists of cheeseburgers and snail slime." It's a diet but not the type of diet I'm talking about.

Forcing yourself to puke however, is not a diet.

I went on a huge diet last year.
I weighed 10 stone 4 on the christmas of 2010
I got worried so began eating loads of healthy crap and eating no chocolate or whatever
I lost two stone by the end of the year.
Now, I found I better and more fun diet, eat as much choccy as you like (but don't go mad) but eat plenty of fruit to make up for it :P.

My metabolism is through the roof and I'm underweight so...... My only real restriction is no shellfish.

Diet? Why would I do that?

I've decided that I'd rather eat great-tasting stuff and feel terrible later than eat well and live longer - more of the "live to the fullest" thing.

(I'll probably change later)

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Does being on a diet strictly mean limiting your food intake to lose weight? I eat more doughnuts than an entire police force but then I go in the bathroom and blaaaarf! I feel so nice and slim afterwords! And I still got to eat the doughnuts!
That's not dieting! You have bulimia!

I'm on a low-crab diet. It means I can't eat, you know, cakes too much.

Back