Nintendo Will Report Its First-Ever Operating Loss Tomorrow

ToxBox

Power Star
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/25/nintendo-will-report-its-first-ever-operating-loss-tomorrow/

Yes, because everyone buys the smart phone to play its games

I think phone games are lame, I own Samsung phone and iPad and most of games sucked

I have no opinion on phone gaming. It's just that it's quite ludicrous to compare phone sales to 3DS sales.

until the Wii U is shown to be a clear failure.

Since when has anyone said the Wii U will be a failure?

And most of Nintendo's losses came from the winding down Wii market and lack of first party support for the 3DS, not outside competition.

I heard that Rovio will going to release Angry Birds and Angry Birds Space for 3DS

Toad85 said:
until the Wii U is shown to be a clear failure.

Since when has anyone said the Wii U will be a failure?

And most of Nintendo's losses came from the winding down Wii market and lack of first party support for the 3DS, not outside competition.
Hey look someone who knows what they are talking about

It's a shame phone gaming is getting so much attention over home consoles. Except for Xbox360 and PS3. You know, if you asked everyone in my grade what their favorite 7th gen system was, I'd be the only one to choose Wii.

Majin Vegeta said:
It's a shame phone gaming is getting so much attention over home consoles. Except for Xbox360 and PS3. You know, if you asked everyone in my grade what their favorite 7th gen system was, I'd be the only one to choose Wii.
That doesn't surprise me since the Xbox360 and PS3 are marked towards people of your age

Baby Luigi said:
I have no opinion on phone gaming. It's just that it's quite ludicrous to compare phone sales to 3DS sales.

I think it's quite ludicrous to compare phone sales with any video game sales, as is expecting Nintendo to move games onto phones (as if we don't have enough to do on the things).

I wish that worldwide internet would shut down for 2 weeks and people would buy console games than download apps

Diddy Kong said:
I wish that worldwide internet would shut down for 2 weeks and people would buy console games than download apps
Yeah try going 2 weeks with out the internet just try it

I would play SMW on my SNES trying to find all exits without using the internet walkthrough or buy a rare guide for this game

Diddy Kong said:

That's ridiculous.

Diddy Kong said:
I would play SMW on my SNES trying to find all exits without using the internet walkthrough or buy a rare guide for this game
Ha i'm not even talking about games i'm talking about looking stuff up, watching videos, BEING FUCKING HERE

Mario4Ever said:
Baby Luigi said:

I think it's quite ludicrous to compare phone sales with any video game sales, as is expecting Nintendo to move games onto phones (as if we don't have enough to do on the things).

At least Nintendo (and other game companies like Nintendo) don't make millions of crappy games ala smartphone apps

I remember that there is crappy games in Android Marketplace

Also other news,

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/26/warren-spector-scared-of-next-gen-costs-praises-nintendo/

Dr. Javelin said:
Diddy Kong said:
Note that you're posting this on the Internet.
This is why I love you Jack

Crazy Jane said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Diddy Kong said:
Note that you're posting this on the Internet.
This is why I love you Jack
none can resist my amazing humor

in fact i'm falling in love with myself right now @_o

...smartphones are becoming a perfectly viable gaming platform, especially for smaller teams trying to get their work noticed. What's the problem with that?

Apps on the app stores aren't bad at all. Except for those cheap crappy ones.

Modern Combat 3 for example has pretty much everything you'd find in a standard FPS for a console but in your hands.

Dr. Javelin said:
I personally don't see the problem; the app games are more for the game-a-minute type.
Well actually, several game companies have attempted serious games with the iOS platforms, at least. Square Enix has ported the DS versions of many Final Fantasy games and is selling them for relatively eye-gouging prices. They've also developed an iOS exclusive IP that they ruined easily after the first game. The app store does have quite a few games that are mostly casual, but there are some longer, more serious games out there, and for better prices than some expensive console games that just weren't worth the money.

Back