Request: Making an article for the Monty Mole "variant" in Flower Fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
Hello MarioWikiers! Today, I will be discussing the Monty Mole "variants" (as I like to call them) that lurk in the depths of Flower Fields. They may have the same exact name as the Monty Moles on Mt. Rugged (which in case you didn't know, they're just ordinary Monty Moles), but they have some major differences which make a legitimate reason for an article for them. First things first, they have a different color pallet (green, in case you were wondering, instead of the usual brown color). Also, they have different tattle information AND stats. I'm sure that pretty much seals the deal.

I support this. I haven't gotten that far, so I can't really help though.

These two TPPs establish a precedent against splitting creature of the same species that have slightly different abilities and appearances. Not sure if the different tattle info would be enough to justify a separate article.

But those TPPs were about sidescroller enemies, not RPG enemies, which give us more solid things to work with - i.e. stats and attacks, not just general behaviour/function and appearance. The different stats lends more weight than the different colours alone (different attacks would be weightier, but no such luck afaik), but the real clincher is that while two English tattles both call them "Monty Moles", in Japanese, the green ones have a unique name: フラワーチョロプー (Furawā/Flower Choropū), as opposed to the regular チョロプー (Choropū) name. That makes the argument for splitting them far stronger than the cases for the two Kremlings had been, however there are a few other things with different Japanese names and different colours and stats, but with the same page (i.e. M&L:SS's Pest Nut and Chuck Guy), so it's still a bit of a case-by-case situation: I'd recommend making a TPP about it before splitting out the Flower Fields Monty Moles, just to make sure no one will oppose and make you revert the changes after the fact.

Walkazo said:
But those TPPs were about sidescroller enemies, not RPG enemies, which give us more solid things to work with - i.e. stats and attacks, not just general behaviour/function and appearance. The different stats lends more weight than the different colours alone (different attacks would be weightier, but no such luck afaik), but the real clincher is that while two English tattles both call them "Monty Moles", in Japanese, the green ones have a unique name: フラワーチョロプー (Furawā/Flower Choropū), as opposed to the regular チョロプー (Choropū) name. That makes the argument for splitting them far stronger than the cases for the two Kremlings had been, however there are a few other things with different Japanese names and different colours and stats, but with the same page (i.e. M&L:SS's Pest Nut and Chuck Guy), so it's still a bit of a case-by-case situation: I'd recommend making a TPP about it before splitting out the Flower Fields Monty Moles, just to make sure no one will oppose and make you revert the changes after the fact.
1. I'm not very good at looking for there Japanese names, so...
2. I didn't even know a part with the Flower Fields Monty Mole was even IN Monty Mole's article. I simply skimmed through the stats section and saw nothing but the Mt. Rugged Monty Mole.

Will do. Btw, I don't think I can make a very good article on scratch, so I don't think I should be the one making the proposal, since I'd have the responsibility and all to, ya know, make an article, so...

But if I do, I'll be sure to think this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back