Bionicle

BEEEEEAAARRRS

how about a rousing game of pool
Supidy duper buildable action figures with back story and stuff

Discuss

They began to get much worse after 2007 and I lost interest. The old ones were cool, tho.

I'd agree

The canister sets began to be the same as Toa Inika and the little box sets became ridiculously simple

The Titan sets were still pretty cool though

I used to be into Bionicle. I had a few figures myself. I had 3 normal figures. WHich I think were the original red, black, and green ones. And one of those rolling things that can be compacted into a ball (forgot what they were called) and kinda reminded me of droidekas from Star Wars. I don't know where they are now though. I think they're lost forever and even if I found part of them I'll never find the other pieces because I think last time I left them they were in pieces.

I think I even saw this one movie with this Golden Mask. Forgot most of the details though. But wasn't it called something like "The mask of light"

Northern Verve said:
And one of those rolling things that can be compacted into a ball (forgot what they were called)

I think I even saw this one movie with this Golden Mask. Forgot most of the details though. But wasn't it called something like "The mask of light"

Bohrok.

And when was the movie from?

I think the first movie came out in 2003 and was more of a summary of what happened in the comics.

I ignored the movies and stuff. In fact I never was a fan of Bionicle. All I had was on robot(?) thing that turned into a disk.

I loved these. I still have them, even that one golden limited edition one.

I remember trying to collect every set, but there was just too many and they were pretty pricy (about $8 for each in about every 6 in a series).

Sadly, the only one I ever truly completed was the Metru Nui set. I might start re-collecting them though.

They got up to around $12 actually at one point, IIRC, at least for me.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Gamefreak75 said:
even that one golden limited edition one.

Which one? Irnakk?
Toa Iruini

Not exactly sure if it's "limited edition", but it's Special Edition and I only saw it in stores for like a month to celebrate Lego's 50th anniversary.

I used to collect all the comics and read all the books and I had the first movie.

BIONICLE. An old time favorite. Got all the books. Have most of the sets. I'm only lacking Muaka & Kane-Ra, 4 Tohunga sets, Manas, Tarakava, Kohrok Va, the Bahrag, Ahkmou, Ultimate Dume, Vohtarahk, Sidorak, all but 1 of the playsets, Toa Hordika Matau, Onewa, and Nuju, Pouks, Toa Norik, Velika, Balta, Hakann, Avak, Toa Inika Jaller, Hewkii, and Matoro, Brutaka, Irnakk, Vezon&Kardas, Umbra, Dekar, all of the Barraki, Toa Mahri Hewkii, Kongu, and Matoro, Hydraxon, Karzahni (Sarda, Idris, & Trap), Nocturn, Tanma, Photok, Raidak, Kirop, Makuta Vamprah, Gorast, Krika, Chirox, Antroz, and Bitil, Makuta Mutran&Vican, Atakus, Metus, Raanu, Malum, Stronius, Cendox V1 (Crotesius), Fero&Skirmix, Kaxium V3 (Kirbraz&Scodonius), Toa Mata Nui, and all 6 Stars sets. I know that seems like a lot, but trust me, this is less than 2/5 of the entirety of BIONICLE sets. Have all 4 movies. Memorized the Matoran language. If I were a Toa, I'd be a Toa of Sonics. No toy is better than a Bionicle. or any other Lego thing, for that matter. ;) :) :D ;D :lol:

I used to have all six of the original Toa guys.

Yeah, it was pretty shweet.

Yoshiwaker also had this Vezon and Kardas thing, which was new but Kardas was HUGE. Lemme find a pic...
Kardas.PNG

Yeah, this guy is amazing.

I still have mine. Several of them might never not be what they were originally were, ever again, thanks to me losing their instruction booklets. Now most are stuck a few limbs short or as a bizarre amalgamation.

It's funny how the wall behind me is still painted blue. Some of my memories from messing around with them when they were still new are well preserved, right in my own blue room.

Speaking of blue paint, that one carpet stain is still by the door. Hee hee.

Me and my bro had an army of them, I mean like 20 of them. We would make up these amazing stories with them which would go on for hours, we had the movie too, which I felt went on a bit when it could have ended.

I had always loved Bionicle and building the characters. I don't know why I stopped buying and I don't know where they all are.

Baby Luigi said:
I had always loved Bionicle and building the characters. I don't know why I stopped buying and I don't know where they all are.

You probably stopped buying the toys because you got too old, and you probably stopped following the plot because of school and distractions and also because the plot started treading water shortly after Metru Nui.

Also, it ended in, like, 2011.

Back