2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

The Flyers/Penguins game has been absolutely amazing, both teams are really fighting. Hoping the Penguins can pull it off, though ;D

Penguins just scored to give them a 5-4 lead over the Flyers!! :D

...and the Flyers just scored to tie the game at 5-5, son of a... >_<

Sharks Territory said:
Giroux and Couturier really stuck it to the Pens tonight.

Plus the fact that Jagr (Heck he scored the winning goal) and Talbot scored on the Penguins probably made the loss hurt a little more. I can't imagine what it would of been like being a Pens fan and having those players in particular go to the Flyers during the last offseason.

Well, the Pens hadn't wanted Jagr for a while. It's their fault he signed elsewhere.

Sharks Territory said:
Well, the Pens hadn't wanted Jagr for a while. It's their fault he signed elsewhere.

I just thought there was a time in the offseason where practically everybody. Whether fueled by Nostalgic wishes were thinking Jagr was going to sign with Pittsburgh once more. I think I even remember a headline where it said something like "Pittsburgh trying to woo Jagr"

Although I don't like the Pens. I actually felt sorry for them after Jagr bolted to the Flyers. It'd be like Fedorov teasing the Red Wings with a comeback to the team but then going to the Blackhawks.

So despite 48 shots on net, the Canucks muster just two goals and are doomed by Jonathan Quick's top-notch play and major defensive lapses. They allowed two shorthanded goals, a powerplay goal and one more just after a powerplay had expired. They're now down 2-0 in the series, but the Bruins went down 2-0 in the first round last year at home and turned things around. Can the Canucks do the same? I personally don't think so, unless Daniel Sedin comes back.

I'd say the Nucks outplayed LA overall, but Vancouver's lapses and Jonathan Quick did them in tonight. While I don't see Quick playing that well all the time, the Canucks won't be taking 48 shots and LA will play better defensively and probably score some goals that aren't gift-wrapped for them.

Red Barchetta said:
The Flyers/Penguins game has been absolutely amazing, both teams are really fighting. Hoping the Penguins can pull it off, though ;D

You should totally convert to the Flyers. Join the winning side. B)
Also, for tomorrows game, LETS GO FLY-ERS! *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*!!!

This has been a great series so far, hope it keeps rolling.

Northern Verve said:
Sharks Territory said:

I just thought there was a time in the offseason where practically everybody. Whether fueled by Nostalgic wishes were thinking Jagr was going to sign with Pittsburgh once more. I think I even remember a headline where it said something like "Pittsburgh trying to woo Jagr"

Although I don't like the Pens. I actually felt sorry for them after Jagr bolted to the Flyers. It'd be like Fedorov teasing the Red Wings with a comeback to the team but then going to the Blackhawks.

Also, the Pens didnt really want Jagr. IN FACT, Jagr took LESS money to go to the Flyers than the Pens offered him. The thing is, Penguins wanted Jagr to play on their 3rd or 2nd line. Said he would absolutely not play with Crosby or Malkin. Jagr wanted a top line roll. Flyers offered him time playing with Claude Giroux.

Now who would you want to play with? 39 years old, and past your prime. Offered to play a 3rd line roll with Jordan Staal. Or 1st line winger with Claude Muther Fucking Giroux? I know which one I'd take.

The Pittsburgh management barely showed an interest in Jagr. Flyers were personally calling Jagr up on the phone, asking him to come to the Flyers. Chris Pronger personally called Jagr. Claude Giroux personally called Jagr. Kimmo Timonen personally called Jagr. Etc. Flyers just showed more interest, and it showed with who Jagr signed with.

Brock said:
Red Barchetta said:

You should totally convert to the Flyers. Join the winning side. B)
Also, for tomorrows game, LETS GO FLY-ERS! *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*!!!

This has been a great series so far, hope it keeps rolling.

Northern Verve said:
Sharks Territory said:

Also, the Pens didnt really want Jagr. IN FACT, Jagr took LESS money to go to the Flyers than the Pens offered him. The thing is, Penguins wanted Jagr to play on their 3rd or 2nd line. Said he would absolutely not play with Crosby or Malkin. Jagr wanted a top line roll. Flyers offered him time playing with Claude Giroux.

Now who would you want to play with? 39 years old, and past your prime. Offered to play a 3rd line roll with Jordan Staal. Or 1st line winger with Claude Muther *bleep*ing Giroux? I know which one I'd take.

The Pittsburgh management barely showed an interest in Jagr. Flyers were personally calling Jagr up on the phone, asking him to come to the Flyers. Chris Pronger personally called Jagr. Claude Giroux personally called Jagr. Kimmo Timonen personally called Jagr. Etc. Flyers just showed more interest, and it showed with who Jagr signed with.
Yep. I agree. Go Coyotes!

Despite getting completely outplayed by the Red Wings, the Predators escape with a 3-2 win in Game 3.

UPDATE: This Flyers-Pens game is the best thing ever. The Penguins are showing their true colors.

The Flyers-Penguins game is highly entertaining right now, yes.

So that was the best game ever.

The Penguins showed just how classless and dirty they are when things don't go their way. They forgot that they actually have talent because just about all of it is in the top two lines. They have no depth on their roster. I thought losing Letang would have actually helped them considering how poor a series he's had, but in the end they still gave up 8 goals. During the parts of the game where they actually played hockey, the Flyers didn't outplay the Penguins all that much. Shots ended up 35-34 in favor of Pittsburgh. The Flyers were better at sustaining pressure, and responded when Pittsburgh scored a goal. Pittsburgh's goals were, for the most part, quick, direct punches that they could have used to win the game. Neal's goal was quite a nice one.

Then came the third period. Fleury was out of the game and the Flyers scored after just 30 seconds, the Flyers made it 7-4. James Neal ran Sean Couturier, but somehow didn't get a single penalty. What did he do then? He ran Claude Giroux. Typical classless, dirty Penguins. A shitstorm ensued, with Neal asking why he was getting a two-minute penalty. He deserved five for the hit on Couturier and then another five for hitting Giroux. Neal and Wayne Simmonds got into it, and then Crosby grabbed Scott Hartnell as he was making his way to the bench. Hartnell didn't even accept the fight before Crosby began to assault him, thus validating the fact that Crosby is, in fact, a dirty player. Considering his injury history I'm shocked he would get involved at all. As Crosby was fighting Hartnell, Craig Adams, an even dirtier player, grabbed Hartnell and began punching him without even taking his gloves off. Adams then proceeded to slam Hartnell into the boards and pull his hair, both completely taboo in fighting's unofficial rules.

In summary, the Penguins are a dirty team. When they don't get calls their way, they bitch about it (see Neal complaining about the 2-minute minor), and everyone gets in on the action. Players that can't score like Craig Adams and even players like Sidney Crosby and Kris Letang, whose cross-check on Brayden Schenn led to the brawl in the first period.

This game showed just about every reason to hate the Penguins. The Flyers truly brought out the worst in them. Unfortunately for the boys in orange, the Penguins have two days to try and figure out how to save their season, and they'll come out of the gate fast in Game 4. I think it'll be a lot tougher for the Flyers to respond if they give up an early goal. If Game 4 gets out of hand, watch out. It's going to be interesting to see what the Penguins do if they know their season will be over and have an opportunity to fight the Flyers and play as dirty as they want with the game out of hand. It'll be interesting to see what course Game 4 takes. It could be a great show of talent, like we saw in Game 1. When the Penguins use their talent, they're a very good team. Suspensions could come into play and affect the lineups. I personally think Craig Adams should be suspended multiple games, but considering how Shea Weber got off for free (well, a $2,500 fine), it's tough to tell how the Department of Player Safety will handle things. So far it appears they're making shorter suspensions in the playoffs than they did in the regular season.

And let's not forget that we still have Devils-Panthers and Canucks-Kings tonight. Prepare yourselves.

Oh, here go hell come.

And the Canucks lose again.

Oh well, guess I'll root for Ottawa now, since they're from Canada as well.

One thing I suppose I can be glad of is that win or lose. The Wings will be in a true tough Hockey series against Nashville. As all 3 games have come within one goal (And the same score as a matter of fact, this continues the series will just be decided by whoever can get to 3 goals first wins). It's reminding me of the 2010 Detroit/Phoenix series that happened, I kinda hope it has the same ending (Detroit Winning xP). But Nashville is alot tougher then that Phoenix team.

But the same thing can't be said for the Canucks and the Penguins. I believe they were among the teams that were suggested that they could win the cup this year. But now they're one loss away from being out of the First Round and must go under insurmountable odds to win.

I see the Canucks making that series interesting. They've outplayed LA for the most part.

Every time I watch a Canucks-Kings game, I die a little bit inside.

Despite trailing 3-0 after 6 minutes, the Panthers fought back to win 4-3. Four different players scored for the Cats, and Scott Clemmensen made 19 saves in relief of Jose Theodore, who allowed 3 on 6 shots.

Holy crap the Coyotes are up 3-1 in the series against the Blackhawks? That's awesome. I hope the Coyotes pull it off.

5 shots in the second period won't cut it.

Get it done Sunday!

UPDATE: Predators knock out the Wings with a 2-1 win. This was one of the few games Rinne didn't steal.

To recap:
-Andrew Shaw gets three games for a minor hit on Mike Smith
-Weber gets no suspension for hammering Zetterberg's head into the glass

No suspension for Weber plus Rinne's spectacular play all leads to...

WingGolfBall.jpg

And Palk, do you consider this beautiful:

i

280.png

Rat said:
And Palk, do you consider this beautiful:

i

280.png

very beautiful.

Anyways, Flyers beat the Penguins today, knocking them out of the playoffs. Kudos to the Flyers, I guess.

Rooting for the Canucks and Senators now.

Back