Request:Making pages for insanely obscure DKC children books

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
As a comprehensive source of everything Mario/DK/Wario related, we need to cover even the most esoteric piece of officialy-licensed media even if that means wasting precious sanity, time, money and dignity.

Anyway, the Funky Kong page has a rather peculiar section:

In the novel Donkey Kong: Rumble in the Jungle, Funky Kong takes Diddy Kong for a flight. While above the jungle, Diddy points out that the deserted Big Ape City is strangely active again. After dropping Diddy Kong off, Funky investigates, but is captured by the Kremlings. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong go into the city to save him.

As no other pages on the wiki mention "Rumble in the jungle" and the page is redlinked, I did a google search to see if it was someone forcing fanfiction as canon or something. Turns out it's a totally real children book. There are also two other books for DKC and DKC 2 done by the same writer/illustrator combo.

So, do anyone own any of those books and is willing to make a page about them? Or is anyone willing to make the ultimate sacrifice (... of their five bucks)?

I have that book, actually. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Ok, I have no idea where it is. I'll keep this in mind though, and when I find it I will attempt to make an article on it.

I found it

I will attempt to make it later today or at the very least some time this week.

Smasher said:
I found it

I will attempt to make it later today or at the very least some time this week.
YAY SMASHER NOW YOU CAN SAY YOU HELPED THE WIKI

Yay I won't be useless anymore

This is still open, btw.

I've still yet to find anyone willing to make a page for Rumble in the Jungle, but on an happier note, someone on TMK just posted a link to a dramatic reading of the first DKC children book and it is amazing.

That was... that was...

bay-nannas. :dk:

So I've recently created a page for the first novel. I thought of making a "creative differences" section (like on the DIC cartoon pages), but I was worried it might be a bit too stupid. If anyone is interested in adding novel info on the character and item pages, please post what you're "calling dibs" on.

Anyone has input on http://www.mariowiki.com/Talk:Donkey_Kong_Country_%28novel%29 ?

Glowsquid said:
So I've recently created a page for the first novel. I thought of making a "creative differences" section (like on the DIC cartoon pages), but I was worried it might be a bit too stupid. If anyone is interested in adding novel info on the character and item pages, please post what you're "calling dibs" on.

Anyone has input on http://www.mariowiki.com/Talk:Donkey_Kong_Country_%28novel%29 ?
Meh. The article could use some work, but it's a start!

I don,t expect smasher to ever actually make that rumble in the jungle article so every request in this thread are still up for grab.

I also found Michael Teitelbaum wrote another Donkey Kong book titled "How to Draw Donkey Kong and Friends" so if someone has information on it, that'd be neat.

"Another Type of Donkey Kong Island Palm Tree"

maybe it's because it's 11:30 PM but that made me laugh really hard for some reason

thnx

Back