Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nabber said:
idk i just thought that reveal was pretty hilarious because it was extremely random and had absolutely nothing at all to do with the movie

May be important in the two sequels coming up, though.

Nabber said:
idk i just thought that reveal was pretty hilarious because it was extremely random and had absolutely nothing at all to do with the movie
It's no different from Snoke in Force Awakens. It shows that Dryden Vos is not the top dog in Crimson Dawn. Besides, the reveal makes a lot of sense. As soon as they revealed Dryden answered to someone else, I immediately knew it was Maul. He made a name for himself in the criminal underworld during the Clone Wars so his position makes sense. For gods sake, the organization is called Crimson Dawn. That should have been pretty obvious.

Alex95 said:
Nabber said:

May be important in the two sequels coming up, though.
no not really they just wanted an extra opportunity to have fan service
Captain America said:
Nabber said:
It's no different from Snoke in Force Awakens. It shows that Dryden Vos is not the top dog in Crimson Dawn. Besides, the reveal makes a lot of sense. As soon as they revealed Dryden answered to someone else, I immediately knew it was Maul. He made a name for himself in the criminal underworld during the Clone Wars so his position makes sense. For gods sake, the organization is called Crimson Dawn. That should have been pretty obvious.
and this enhances the story how...?

Again, it's no different then the Emperor or Snoke in their debuts. What purpose did Palpatine serve in Empire? Or Snoke is Force Awakens? His story is not yet done, and he will most definitely appear in another movie. It's planting that seed now and reminding people out of the loop that Maul is very much still alive. I almost guarantee Maul will factor into the Boba Fett movie. At the very least it establishes that Crimson Dawn is very much still kicking and is not likely to disappear anytime soon. I think it also shows just how dangerous this group is. Big shot gangsters are one thing, but former sith lords? Qi'ra is likely in grave danger.

Captain America said:
Kyoka Jiro said:
When I first heard about all the behind-the-scenes changes I admittedly thought it was gonna bomb, but I'd say it was pretty alright, I guess whelmed would be the best way to put it.

there wasn't much about the movie that i had issue with but at the same time as i left the theatre it felt like there wasn't many scenes that really stuck with me. that said i did spend a good portion of the movie waiting for it to end so i could take a piss.

Also the origin for han's last name is reeaally stupid.

Captain America said:
Just saw Solo. I actually really liked it. I could totally see the younger counterparts of Han and Lando. All in all a fun film with just the right amount of fan service.

DARTH FUCKING MAUL. I absolutely loved seeing him here. People not familiar with the shows though are gonna be hella confused, but who cares. Their fault for not being caught up. I don't get why Star Wars can acknowledge the TV shows but the MCU seems incapable.

It'd be one thing if someone complained about not understanding a part of say, Infinity Wars because they didn't watch Ragnarok, but a tie-in to friggin' Star Wars Rebels of all things is pretty random.
I mean, he's canonically been alive since 2012. Not really many excuses for not knowing at this point.

I'm sure Star Wars fans actively keeping tabs on the series would know about it, but its not at all surprising that the news didn't circulate enough to reach casual fans. Besides, 2012 was only a couple of years ag- oh my god 2012 is 6 years ago fuck.

It's cool that they got Witwer to voice Maul, but at the same time there's something about his voice that came off as a little cartoony.

Kyoka Jiro said:
Captain America said:
Kyoka Jiro said:
When I first heard about all the behind-the-scenes changes I admittedly thought it was gonna bomb, but I'd say it was pretty alright, I guess whelmed would be the best way to put it.

there wasn't much about the movie that i had issue with but at the same time as i left the theatre it felt like there wasn't many scenes that really stuck with me. that said i did spend a good portion of the movie waiting for it to end so i could take a piss.

Captain America said:
Just saw Solo. I actually really liked it. I could totally see the younger counterparts of Han and Lando. All in all a fun film with just the right amount of fan service.

DARTH FUCKING MAUL. I absolutely loved seeing him here. People not familiar with the shows though are gonna be hella confused, but who cares. Their fault for not being caught up. I don't get why Star Wars can acknowledge the TV shows but the MCU seems incapable.

It'd be one thing if someone complained about not understanding a part of say, Infinity Wars because they didn't watch Ragnarok, but a tie-in to friggin' Star Wars Rebels of all things is pretty random.
I mean, he's canonically been alive since 2012. Not really many excuses for not knowing at this point.

I'm sure Star Wars fans actively keeping tabs on the series would know about it, but its not at all surprising that the news didn't circulate enough to reach casual fans. Besides, 2012 was only a couple of years ag- oh my god 2012 is 6 years ago fuck.

It's cool that they got Witwer to voice Maul, but at the same time there's something about his voice that came off as a little cartoony.
Darth Maul's kinda inherently cartoony though, isn't he? I mean, his name is just straight up "Maul", he's gotta the classic edgy color scheme of red and black, complete with a dark outfit and horns. Hell, Star Wars itself is inherently cartoony. Yoda is goofy and over the top for example. Maul's an over the top villain and I think the voice works perfectly.

Cartoony is not the right word. But regardless, it's still fantasy. It's inherently out there and whimsical often. And I think that's one of its strongest attributes. It has a truly unique flair and style that does't always take itself so seriously.

I loved it, but at the same time I'm furious that Teräs Käsi exists in this universe but Kyle Katarn doesn't.

The Cairo swordsman shot first.

how accurate did this video end up being

Captain America said:
Kyoka Jiro said:
Captain America said:
Kyoka Jiro said:

Captain America said:

Darth Maul's kinda inherently cartoony though, isn't he? I mean, his name is just straight up "Maul", he's gotta the classic edgy color scheme of red and black, complete with a dark outfit and horns. Hell, Star Wars itself is inherently cartoony. Yoda is goofy and over the top for example. Maul's an over the top villain and I think the voice works perfectly.

Kinda, but I never really saw that kinda cartoony-ness portrayed in his personality. Of course, Maul is far from the most fleshed out character in Phantom Menace, especially since he only speaks like, once, but I always got the impression he was more of a stoic character, so seeing him do his evil giggle and then flash his lightsaber for no reason struck me as a little too eccentric.

I haven't watched the cartoons so maybe his voice and personality wouldn't stand out as much if I were more familiar with his character in Rebels, but at the same time it seems like it just doesn't translate as well on the big screen.

With that out of the way, I'm happy they finally acknowledged the prequel music, duel of the fates is too good of a track to just leave out of the series.

Kyoka Jiro said:
Captain America said:
Kyoka Jiro said:
Captain America said:
Kyoka Jiro said:

Captain America said:

Kinda, but I never really saw that kinda cartoony-ness portrayed in his personality. Of course, Maul is far from the most fleshed out character in Phantom Menace, especially since he only speaks like, once, but I always got the impression he was more of a stoic character, so seeing him do his evil giggle and then flash his lightsaber for no reason struck me as a little too eccentric.

I haven't watched the cartoons so maybe his voice and personality wouldn't stand out as much if I were more familiar with his character in Rebels, but at the same time it seems like it just doesn't translate as well on the big screen.

With that out of the way, I'm happy they finally acknowledged the prequel music, duel of the fates is too good of a track to just leave out of the series.
Maul spent a lot of time in a junkyard with half his body missing. When Savage found him he was deranged. After he was rescued and started making a comeback, Palpatine captures and tortures him. He has been through hell. By the time he shows up in Rebels he's a hermit who's been stuck on the planet Malachor for years. So yeah, after all his trauma, Maul is definitely unstable. I think I prefer this to the bland, stoic Maul from Episode I.

Deku said:
Kyoka Jiro said:
Captain America said:
Kyoka Jiro said:
Captain America said:
Kyoka Jiro said:

Captain America said:

DARTH *bleep*ING MAUL. I absolutely loved seeing him here. People not familiar with the shows though are gonna be hella confused, but who cares. Their fault for not being caught up. I don't get why Star Wars can acknowledge the TV shows but the MCU seems incapable.

I'm sure Star Wars fans actively keeping tabs on the series would know about it, but its not at all surprising that the news didn't circulate enough to reach casual fans. Besides, 2012 was only a couple of years ag- oh my god 2012 is 6 years ago *bleep*.

Maul spent a lot of time in a junkyard with half his body missing. When Savage found him he was deranged. After he was rescued and started making a comeback, Palpatine captures and tortures him. He has been through hell. By the time he shows up in Rebels he's a hermit who's been stuck on the planet Malachor for years. So yeah, after all his trauma, Maul is definitely unstable. I think I prefer this to the bland, stoic Maul from Episode I.

WARNING! THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE FOURTH SEASON OF STAR WARS REBELS!
Speaking of Maul and Rebels, I'm FINALLY watching that series. It's better than expected, although Clone Wars is still the greatest. I only have the fourth season left of Rebels, but I know all the spoilers, so you can say whatever to me (E.G. Kanan dies, Ezra disappears).

this looks like it'll probably be the best of the new trilogy by nature of looking more original than the other 2 but we'll see i guess

Shygul said:
this looks like it'll probably be the best of the new trilogy by nature of looking more original than the other 2 but we'll see i guess

J.J. said that he was combining aspects of each trilogy. Maybe that will make this amazing.

With the recent announcements, I figured that was a good enough reason to bump this thread. The following spoiler tag lists all the upcoming Star Wars projects.

UMXpKhG.jpg

Honestly after I saw the last one I was like "Well Star Wars' dead"

and then a few months later I saw about the mandalorian

The Mandalorian Season 2, Last Episode restored hope to the galaxy.

Back