Online habits

Anser

King Bowser
Are there any things you tend to do often when you play online? It depends on the game you play and your style of playing, of course.
When I play Mario Kart, I tend to leave bananas or Fake Item Boxes in front of cliffs so people fall over :'D

I am also a very, VERY sore loser. Not all the time, and it depends on the conditions I lose in. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, for example, I once rage quit because the other player wouldn't even let me move. He was juggling with me. If I get to give a good, close battle, it doesn't matter if I lose, because I know I did my best. But when they don't let me even move......

It just happened to me in Pokémon Black. My three Pokémon were defeated by a single Pokémon of my opponent, and he ended the battle at full HP. It angered me so much I turned the game off before finishing the battle. I don't know why. I just get very mad when I don't get the chance to play properly. Also, and this isn't good, when my Lost Battles number is way superior to my Won Battles number, I always turn off the game so it doesn't count as one more loss, and I do it until the numbers are even again. Right now I have only 6 Won Battles and 10 Lost Battles, so I'll turn the game off until I have 10 Won Battles or so. It will look bad if the difference is too high! Call me a bad player if you want, I know that's bad but I still do it. :(

Because the Online Boards are not as active as the others?

I don't play online because I have a low frustration tolerance and I might get angry over losing. I'm a sore loser too. :-[

Ornithologist Mario said:
Because the Online Boards are not as active as the others?

I don't play online because I have a low frustration tolerance and I might get angry over losing. I'm a sore loser too. :-[

Exactly. It's good to know I'm not the only one :(

I don't often play online, so I don't really have any particular habits

But when I do, I tend to get angry at people who think they can get away with hacking the game to win every time. It's one of my biggest peeves.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

How would you react if somebody hacked just to fool around- and let you win?

Not big on multiplayer; the only ones I play often would be Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2, wherein my policy is to laugh, have fun and enjoy the game with my friends.

Although unless we're on a game mode that's entirely just for dicking around (TF2's Deathmatch mode) or we've all agreed to just be total assholes to each other because we're bored (L4D), I don't tolerate dumbasses deliberately wasting time and not trying to help their team win, since that's pretty much a form of griefing.

The style of online game I typically play is a text-based free-to-play MMORPG, so this should be unusual. Typically, I spend most of my time looking for justified combat and trying to camp for income building devices. Since I'm always trying to avoid gaining EXP, I usually fight by using the bounty system the games provide to allow my friends to beat the tar out of whoever we're fighting. It's typically pretty fun.

Whenever I lose, I do always have "it's just a game, no need to get angry" in my head, which means I haven't raged at online for a good couple of months. The occasional Spawn campers in games like Ace of Spades get annoying. Although I like doing it too, I just dont like the idea of finally walking all the way across the map only to be killed and sent back to the start. That just breaks me and I start flipping shit. But I'm usually fine.

I used to have horrible tolerance, getting angry over one loss. But I'm much more calm about games now.

I always say Incoming, Nice Shot, etc. The fact that I can't say these things in games other than TF2 bugs me. When I see a catch a shell heading towards me or the guy next to me in Mario Kart, I really want to say "Incoming". When somebody accidentally shoots their cracker launcher at one of the big explodey boxes in Super Smash Bros. and kills themselves, I really want to say "Nice Shot". This is the worst part of playing games other than TF2.

When I lose, I say I got unlucky and/or the other players are better. I only ragequit when I lose atleast 700 VR in 3 races.

^I can't handle that as easily. I usually try my best. I tend to accept losses, but when frustration comes in, it boils quickly.

I havent played online in so long i forgot my habits. HOWEVER, I do play minecraft online a lot. My habits on that are a tendency to describe everything I'm doing, and to comment on how bad I am at the game. It's usually pretty fun, and makes it less annoying when I screw up. Oh, also I suck at minecraft.

I used to play Runescape when I was younger, though instead of doing shit, I hung out in random places and had semi-intelligent discussions/poetry recitals, annoying/entertaining many a fellow user.

In MKW I tend to spam Red Shells or Spiny Shells when I get them. I also save Mushrooms if I happen to get one in first place to dodge Blue Shells.

Mario4Ever said:
I used to play Runescape when I was younger, though instead of doing *bleep*, I hung out in random places and had semi-intelligent discussions/poetry recitals, annoying/entertaining many a fellow user.

The only thing I knew how to do in that game was start fires so I ran around the big town square place and...started like forty fires.

Banjo said:
Mario4Ever said:
I used to play Runescape when I was younger, though instead of doing *bleep*, I hung out in random places and had semi-intelligent discussions/poetry recitals, annoying/entertaining many a fellow user.

The only thing I knew how to do in that game was start fires so I ran around the big town square place and...started like forty fires.

I must've been fucked up as a kid. I went through the tutorial part and got stuck in my first 10 minutes because I couldn't pick up the shovel. I was clicking the button but it wouldn't pick up so I never played it again. Fucking shovels.

1) In Pokemon, I never use special attacks, because IMO, they're a waste of your turn.
2) I also use the most powerful moves I can find.

(these don't really have to do with online, but it can be.)

Back