Cartoon Planet

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Tomorrow is Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary! And how are they celebrating it? A special hosted by Brak and Zorak from Space Ghost: Coast to Coast! It's called "Best of CN". Some of the shows I noticed are Chowder, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, and others. Thoughts?

Re: Happy 20th, Cartoon Network!

"Best of CN," my ass. Everybody knows the network only exists because of Brak.

Sounds pretty neat, I'd love to catch it but I can't. I'd see it if I had a 2nd TV but it's not worth taking the TV for an hour to see old episodes of stuff. And they added Chowder to Best of CN? I don't mean offense to Chowder, in fact I was sometimes entertained enough by it but in no way would I place it as one of the Network's best. I'm also a bit iffy on Camp Lazlo and maybe My Gym Partner's a Monkey. No problems with Flapjack though, that was pretty original and entertaining in it's own way.

You can't go wrong with Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls and more in the lineup though. Though it's a shame it's only an hour block.

I hope they have no live action shows! Brak and Zorak wouldn't allow it!

Oh, I was wondering why CN was suddenly bringing those two back... Honestly, I freaking LOVE Zorak, and considering just how much fun Cartoon Network had with Brak back in the day, it figures they'd bring him back for the occasion!

Anyway, classic CN shows, I'll TOTALLY be there! ;)

Dexter's lab, foster's home although the show gets a little boring, Flinstones, Codename Kids next door? Will any of those be shown?

Screw:
  • Camp Lazlo
  • My Gym Partner's a Monkey
  • Flapjack
  • Chowder

Hell, I would say "screw Foster's" too but at least it's a quality cartoon by Craig McCracken (who did Powerpuff Girls if I recall correctly.) I also heard that Flapjack and Chowder were good, but I never got a chance to watch them -- and face it, they're not classics like Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo and Courage.

But whatever, still seems cool that they're at least trying to do something right.

Tonight is an hour block called cartoon planet, a block of classic cartoons. I saw on the Comcast guide on the TV

Mason said:
Screw:
  • Camp Lazlo
  • My Gym Partner's a Monkey
  • Flapjack
  • Chowder

Hell, I would say "screw Foster's" too but at least it's a quality cartoon by Craig McCracken (who did Powerpuff Girls if I recall correctly.) I also heard that Flapjack and Chowder were good, but I never got a chance to watch them -- and face it, they're not classics like Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo and Courage.

But whatever, still seems cool that they're at least trying to do something right.
Camp Lazlo was meh, I LOATH My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Chowder is actually very clever in how satirical it can get, and Flapjack, while weird, I hold a certain fondness for.

Also, Foster's is awesome, screw all y'all.

But yeah, they're not "classics" or at least hasn't reached the level as "classic" as Dexter or Johnny B.

YoshiGo99 said:
Tonight is an hour block called cartoon planet, a block of classic cartoons. I saw on the Comcast guide on the TV
Yep, that's what I was talking about.

I actually enjoyed Camp Lazlo.

It was created by the same (good) bastard who made Rocko's Modern Life.

YoshiGo99 said:

Makes me wish I could watch it, god knows how well that will be.

Let's see, those instances between Zorak and Brak, a Dexter episode, a Foster's episode, a Johnny Bravo episode, a Powerpuff Girls episode, a Cow and Chicken episode, it was pretty good.

The only one I don't remember was Johnny Bravo, I used to love Johnny Bravo but I have never seen that episode. The rest I have seen.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they did a crossover of all the good shows? NO Camp Lazlo or My Gym Partner's a Monkey though

How about something like Cartoon Cartoon Fridays? Back when that was still the Friday block they had Cartoon characters be the hosts and on commercial time they had dialogue with other cartoon characters. Even ones that weren't from the same show they were. Have Space Ghost talk to them or something.

It should start at like 6 and go till 10 like one of the Friday blocks from a while back. I really want CN city to come back. I loved that the most

The problem with that is that Adult Swim starts at nine o' clock.

Lario said:

It was created by the same (good) *bleep* who made Rocko's Modern Life.
I figured as much, since the designs and animation is similar. Too bad the humor isn't exactly up to par... Some of the expressions were, but still, it felt like a lighter, softer version of that show.

Smashgoom202 said:
Lario said:

It was created by the same (good) *bleep* who made Rocko's Modern Life.
I figured as much, since the designs and animation is similar. Too bad the humor isn't exactly up to par... Some of the expressions were, but still, it felt like a lighter, softer version of that show.
I figured it when Heffer made a cameo.

Back