Dreamworks' Dragons: Riders of Berk

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Remember How to Train Your Dragon? That neat little Dreamworks movie that's one of the few Dreamworks movies that doesn't go for that low-brow humor or straight-up satire or parody? Well...

This isn't a surprise to me. Not ONLY because Jeffery Katzenberg announced that a sequel to the movie and a TV series would be made shortly after the slow-and-steady success of the original movie, but also because milking franchises dry is something that Dreamworks does best.

I don't care for Penguins of Madagascar, and I never saw Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, but I'm looking forward to this series and the upcoming sequel, just so I can see more Toothless. :)

Re: Dragon series (based on Dreamworks movie)

TV series?

why

Dreamworks should just stick to movies in my opinion, they're doing just fine there.

I've never seen the movie and to be honest, I would never see a tv show brought by it.

Experience has taught me that a TV show always ends up worse than the movies.

Only real exception I can think of is Batman.

Unless they are totally original I guess. But never make a movie from a TV show

RandomGuy said:
But never make a movie from a TV show

Simpsons Movie?

RandomGuy said:
Unless they are totally original I guess. But never make a movie from a TV show

It'd take some seriously good writers for that, and I doubt they'd spend much money on that.

Well, I never give a candle to a TV show from a movie.

Sneak peak!

Apparently the series is now called "Dragons: Riders of Berk". The animation looks... decent enough, for television... Still, I might just check out the preview... maybe.

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." I'm in Canada, not Narnia. Why can I not watch it?

Either way, I'm interested. Penguins of Madagascar was actually pretty good in my opinion, so hopefully this show will be about the same thing.

Smashgoom202 said:
but also because milking franchises dry is something that Dreamworks does best.
Can't argue there.

Back