My wanted Mario Kart 7 roster (Only 8 confirmed day)

Windy

Lakitu
Mario Kart 7 was only 12 returning characters and 4 newcomers.
But, newcomers are like garbage. (Almost Heavyweights and Insects)
Fixing roster with removing all 4 newcomers and supporting Single VS Mode and Mission Mode.

Lightweight
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Toadette*
Dry Bones*
Diddy Kong*
Bowser Jr.*
Dixie Kong*
Shy Guy*
Koopa Paratroopa*

Middleweight
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Daisy*
Birdo*
Kamek*
Hammer Bro.*
Tiny Kong*

Heavyweight
DK
Bowser
Wario*
Waluigi*
King Boo*
Petey Piranha*
Rosalina*
Funky Kong*
Boom Boom*

Mission Mode playable characters
Larry Koopa (Level 1)
Roy Koopa (Level 2)
Lemmy Koopa (Level 3)
Wendy O. Koopa (Level 4)
Iggy Koopa (Level 5)

Morton Koopa Jr. (Level 6)
Ludwig von Koopa (Level 7)*

Level 7 is unlocked by at least 1 star Rank in All Level before 7.

Total: 27+7=34

Boom Boom appearing without Pom Pom seems a little strange now, and can you play as Koopalings after you complete the mission?

Uh.... Most of us are not satisfied with the roster, but there wouldn't be so many racers in your opinion for Kart 7.
The number of players are fixed, you may complain about who should return or be newcomers.

I'd much rather have Wiggler and Lakitu over stuff like Tiny and Boom Boom. They're kickass racers.

Also per SM, it's not really possible to put that many characters in a 3DS game.

Northern Verve said:
I really think there's just not enough room for that many characters on a 3DS game.

3DS capability is maybe 256MB~2GB.
Hoops 3-on-3 was 21 characters and Sports Mix is 18 characters.
and MP8 was 14 characters, but MP9 is 12 characters
Decrease character number is maybe Nintendo's inappropriate behavior.

Northern Verve said:
I really think there's just not enough room for that many characters on a 3DS game.

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition has 35, so this isn't entirely unreasonable.

manasword said:
Northern Verve said:

3DS capability is maybe 256MB~2GB.
Hoops 3-on-3 was 21 characters and Sports Mix is 18 characters.
and MP8 was 14 characters, but MP9 is 12 characters
Decrease character number is maybe Nintendo's inappropriate behavior.

Maybe they wanted to put more emphasis on the other aspects of the game? Mario Spin-Offs aren't at the same level of Smash Bros. importance in terms of what characters should get in. As long as a majority of the consistent main Mario characters are appearing again and again that's going to be the gist of the roster. And the roster number difference is only down by 2-3 characters for both Hoops/Sports Mix and MP8/MP9, which in hindsight isn't that big of a deal.

If you forget the roster: The only glaring omission is the Offline Vs. Mode which if you don't have Wi-Fi, MK7 can be a bit of a letdown because of that fact. But if there was no possible way to have all those online options that we got in MK7 AND the Vs. Mode I would easily choose the Online thing because having 8 people race at once on a handheld, and personalized communities you can create, join, and quit at about anytime is something that's a huge plus. I loved the Vs. Modes too and am sad it couldn't be in MK7, but I'm personally ok with the game anyway.

The more I think about it, MK7's biggest selling point is the fact it has an outstanding online experience on a handheld system. For someone who plays mostly alone, the game might be a momentous letdown (Though not for me, I haven't played Online all that much but I still enjoy MK7 with every fiber of my being) because the game wasn't focused on giving a huge single player experience other then getting new characters, new kart parts, and rankings.

Also in all honesty I find tracks way more important then Characters in Mario Kart games. And IMO Mario Kart 7 had a nice selection. My least favorite track is Rosalina's Ice World but it's not like I think it's a horrible track. Even that one I think is a decent track and that's a huge compliment.

Back