Mario Galaxy Boss Guide

Snowstalker

Snowstalker
I'm making this topic to show how to defeat the bosses in Super Mario Galaxy.

First up:

DINO PIRANHA
HP: 4
Difficulty: Very Easy
Galaxy: Good Egg
How to defeat: When you first land on the large egg, Dino will be freed from his egg. Now he'll be walking around. See that large bulb on the end of his tail? go up to it, and star spin. This will destroy the egg. Do this three more times, and Dino Piranha's down for the count.

Move this to Marioverse.

Right. I'll do Fiery Dino Piranha a little later.

KING KALIENTE
HP: 3
Difficulty: Easy-Medium
Galaxies: Good Egg, Bowser Jr's Lava Reactor
How to defeat: King Kaliente shoots fireballs. Avoid them. Now, he'll spit out a coconut. Spin at it, and it will hit him. For the second and third times, he can reflect the coconuts you throw at him. He's kind of tough in the Lava Reactor, because you always have to be moving.

TOPMANIAC
HP: 3, I think.
Difficulty: Easy
Galaxy: Space Junk, I think.
Stomp him. When he's stunned, do a spin (or w/e it's called), so that he'll be sent into the electro-stuff.

Thanks, but I'd like to do them in order.

BUGABOOM
HP: 3
Difficulty: Easy or Hard, depending on your timing.
Galaxy: Honeyhive
How to defeat: If you don't have it, get the Bee Mushroom. Stay right next to a dandelion, and when he comes close, use the dandelion to fly high enough to ground pound him. The first time, he's walking. Then, he flies, and shoots bombs (easy to avoid). Finally, he flies faster, and often turns on his side. When on his side, ground pounds do nothing.

Once I get the game, I'll be sure to thank you.

Smiddle said:
TOPMANIAC
HP: 3, I think.
Difficulty: Easy
Galaxy: Space Junk, I think.
Stomp him. When he's stunned, do a spin (or w/e it's called), so that he'll be sent into the electro-stuff.
No, Battlerock and Dreadnought.
And I thought DP and Fiery DP were the same (I don't mean the user!). :blush:

Kamella:
HP: 3 or 4, depending on where you battle her.
Difficulty: Medium easy, medium to medium hard if the Daredevil Comet is in the Deep Dark Galaxy.
Galaxy: Space Junk, Deep Dark (duh)
She sends magic spells at you. If they're red, it's fire, don't touch it! If they're green however, grab it because it's a Koopa shell. Then throw it at her. Later she summons Magikoopas. Take care of them first. In the Space Junk Galaxy, hit her three times and she's defeated. In the Deep Dark Galaxy however, after two hits she flies to the look-out tower where you have to battle her on tiny space. There you have to hit her two more times until you get your well-deserved Star!

Please, I'd like to do this myself.

MEGALEG
HP: 2
Difficulty: Medium
Galaxy: Bowser Jr's Robot Reactor
How to defeat: When one of his feet is NOT in the air, just walk up to his head, avoiding the Bullet Bills. Now, deliberately get a Bullet Bill on your trail. Run around to make it destroy the dome. Now another dome appears, this one with a Grand Star. Now, get two Bills on you. Have one destroy the fence surrounding the star, and the other break the glass. Megaleg is destroyed, and you get your star.

Tarantox
Difficulty: Medium to medium hard (it's almost imossible not to lose HP)
Galaxy: Space Junk
HP: 3 or 9 (however you consider it)
Tactics: This fight is in 2D. Avoid the poison he spits out of his mouth and look for a Sling Pod near his bottom (ahem). Shoot yourself there (double-ahem). Tarantox turns around and so hit his three lights on his belly. Repeat this one more time. Then he also spits out poison out of his legs! Try to hit his bottom again (...) and again hit the three lights. To get the coins in the web, press A on them. You can also use a Sling Pod to crash the stones, which wield coins, too. After you've defeated him, grab the Star!

KAMELLA
HP: 3-4
Difficulty: Easy-Medium
Galaxies: Space Junk, Deep Dark
How to beat: Kamella patrols the ege of the ship, shooting spells. If she shhots an orange magic attack, it's fire. If it's green, it becomes a shell. Spin to make it stop moving. Now, throw it at her. Do this 2 (or 3, depending on what galaxy she's in) When her HP is low, she can summon other Magikoopas, which only use fire. Pick them off with a jump or spin, and take down Kamella. She'll drop her wand, which was holding a star.

PaperStriker said:
Tarantox
Difficulty: Medium to medium hard (it's almost imossible not to lose HP)
Galaxy: Space Junk
HP: 2 or 6 (however you consider it)
Tactics: This fight is in 2D. Avoid the poison he spits out of his mouth and look for a Sling Pod near his bottom (ahem). Shoot yourself there (double-ahem). Tarantox turns around and so hit his three lights on his belly. Repeat this one more time. Then he also spits out poison out of his legs! Try to hit his bottom again (...) and again hit the three lights. To get the coins in the web, press A on them. You can also use a Sling Pod to crash the stones, which wield coins, too. After you've defeated him, grab the Star!
To revive the topic. And to fix my last post. <_<

Back