next Mario and Sonic game

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Not much to say, the locations are easy to tell:

Mario and Sonic at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games

Mario and Sonic at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games

Mario and Sonic at the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympic Winter Games

I want to know what you think the newcomers (if any) should be, and what the sports should be.

For characters, I think:

A Power Sonic character (Omega)
An All-Around Sonic character
A Speedy Mario character
A Skillful Mario character (Rosalina)

Ideas?

Ha! That's ... actually not bad character choices. I like it. In fact, I was considering Rouge myself.

As for cameo appearances, I'd like to see the Baby Mario Bros.

Actually 20 participants are a lot though only 10 for each series, unless the staff make new comers by rotation (what should had been in 2012)

In order, other candidates are Cream, Rouge, Big and Omega in Sonic team, and Birdo, (Toad, Toadette), Diddy, Dixie in Mario team.

'3K said:
Mario and Sonic in an Honest to Goodness Platforming Title.

FUND IT
Uh yeah, that'd be cooler than another spin-off, imo. I never really cared much about the sports aspect (and wasn't excited about a Mario/Sonic crossover to begin with, really), and they could probably come up with some more original ideas for a platforming game.

However, I cannot fund this since all the funding in my budget is going to that NBA-Mario-Hanna/Barbera Cartoon crossover a user here is making.

'3K said:

FUND IT
That is what I want, no more olympics. London 2012 Olympics is selling better than it should.

Olympic Winter games is still by a mile the best game in the series. That game was an 8.25/10, the others where 6.5/10 games and I think that game sold the worst.

Magus said:
'3K said:

FUND IT
Uh yeah, that'd be cooler than another spin-off, imo. I never really cared much about the sports aspect (and wasn't excited about a Mario/Sonic crossover to begin with, really), and they could probably come up with some more original ideas for a platforming game.

However, I cannot fund this since all the funding in my budget is going to that NBA-Mario-Hanna/Barbera Cartoon crossover a user here is making.
Some rumors said that SEGA and Nintendo cooperated to get the brand of Olympic game, so it's unclear to say whtether they're willing to do something else, unless the next Olympic is Capcom.v.s.Sega or SE.v.s.Nintendo.

In other spinoff crossover, majorly Nintendo cooperate with SE, but the latter is only a guest in Sport Mix. Practically Nintendo never did intentional crossovers and I guess they don't really need.

Dorayaki said:
Actually 20 participants are a lot though only 10 for each series, unless the staff make new comers by rotation (what should had been in 2012)

In order, other candidates are Cream, Rouge, Big and Omega in Sonic team, and Birdo, (Toad, Toadette), Diddy, Dixie in Mario team.
Cream, Big, and Toad are all referees.

Hey, Sega, please don't make that mistake anymore of grouping characters into categorizes (ala London Olympics for the 3DS). That's not cool at all.

And you know what, I have an awesome idea:

Baby Mario
Classic Sonic
Baby Luigi
Classic Tails

I just found these rivalries PERFECT.

Baby Luigi said:
Hey, Sega, please don't make that mistake anymore of grouping characters into categorizes (ala London Olympics for the 3DS). That's not cool at all.

Baby Mario
Classic Sonic
Baby Luigi
Classic Tails

No, no classics, except as alternate costumes for Sonic and Tails. I don't think babies can be in the Olympics, also.

I thought the Olympics were supposed to keep in with real life excepting the characters and dream events but traveling back in time just to get participants seems a little far-fetched to me.

Drilbur said:
Baby Luigi said:

Baby Mario
Classic Sonic
Baby Luigi
Classic Tails

No, no classics, except as alternate costumes for Sonic and Tails. I don't think babies can be in the Olympics, also.

I'm just spewing out my ideas....

Drilbur said:
Dorayaki said:

Cream, Big, and Toad are all referees.
Doesn't mean they can't stop.

'3K said:

FUND IT

Absolutely.

Drilbur said:
Baby Luigi said:

Baby Mario
Classic Sonic
Baby Luigi
Classic Tails

Bowser Jr. is here. He's not an adult, so why is he playing there?

We don't need another Olympic thing. We need a platformer or another type of spinoff.

Mario and Sonic in Viva Rock Vegas.

How about these great ideas?

Mario and Sonic Wait in Line to Use the Restroom

Mario and Sonic Eat Breakfast

Mario and Sonic Sit on the Couch and Potato Chips

Mario and Sonic: 2 Dimensions

Guess which of these games I actually want as a game?

Ornithologist Mario said:
Drilbur said:
Bowser Jr. is here. He's not an adult, so why is he playing there?
We don't need another Olympic thing. We need a platformer or another type of spinoff.
Babies have the problem for both same identities and subseries characters (in narrow sense), so it isn't the first concern in Olympics. At least I hope to see them as referees.

Same as reply #7, the point would be that the staffs want to make Olympics games, not crossover games. The possiblity of their willingness to intentional crossovers is not assured.

Back