Roster Size for SSB4 for both Wii U and 3DS

SonicMario

Star Spirit
This is a thread to specifically talk about the size of the SSB4 roster. Specific characters are already all over the place. For the most part, it's the numbers we're talking about.

The first 3 games seem have a distinct ratio increase. The first game has 12, Melee more then doubled it to 25, and Brawl increased the roster size to about 10. So based on this alone, we can figure that the Wii U should have no less then 45 characters. With the maxinum amount being 50

Now I want to discuss the 3DS version. I don't know about you, but I'd think even Melee's roster size would stretch too thin on the 3DS let alone Brawl's 35-40 and SSB4's probable 45-50. I think they could at least put the Original 8 starters as an homage to the first game plus a few favorites from both Melee and Brawl. But the 3DS would also have 5 unlockable characters that aren't possible to get if you have the Wii U version only. And when you unlock them, the interconnectivity with both systems will allow you to place the 5 unlockable characters from the 3DS version into the Wii U version and at the same time grabbing a character that isn't in the 3DS version from the Wii U version. The catch is while you won't need to on the Wii U version, you'd need to replace a character temporarily on the 3DS version.

They could do something similar with Stages, Trophies, and more too. But the main thing I'm trying to get to is if you buy both versions not only do you get 5 extra characters for the Wii U version that you wouldn't normally be able to get. But you have a roster on the 3DS that you can personalize so you fight as all your favorite characters on the go. I'd easily fork over $100 dollars for this.

It'd all work like this:

Getting the Wii U version only = 45-50 characters

Getting the 3DS Version only = At the most, 20 characters

Getting both = 50-55 characters for the Wii U version, Fully editable roster for the 3DS version using all the characters from the Wii U game. (You could even remove Mario from your 3DS game if you so wished!), Being able to Smash both at Home, and on the go.

It'd be so cool to transfer Wii U characters to your 3DS!

Wait is that confirmed, or were you just saying an idea?

For Wii U, I would like 50 characters, plus or minus a couple.

For 3DS, I think about 18 would be good, maybe 20.

New Super Mario said:
It'd be so cool to transfer Wii U characters to your 3DS!

Wait is that confirmed, or were you just saying an idea?

For Wii U, I would like 50 characters, plus or minus a couple.

For 3DS, I think about 18 would be good, maybe 20.

It's just an idea. I wish it did have a chance of happening though. I also had the idea of Interchangeable movesets that's somewhere buried in this section of the forums. But I'd scrap that for this anyday.

Oh, well still, it'd be awesome.

If they added a Mii (even though I don't care for them) I'd want them to add customizable movesets. Then you could choose different moves from all the characters and put them on your mii.

Now I want to see my Mii use Kirby's stone..... Or breathe Bowser's fire

Hypothetically if this happened. I'd think it would make more sense if the 5 characters that came from the 3DS version are from Series that are generally more successful on the Handheld front. I'd expect one of those 5 to be a Pokemon, Perhaps a Wario character as well (Both Wario Land and WarioWare have pretty big Handheld roots). They could also add a character from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones or Mother 3 (That is other then Lucas of course).

Northern Verve said:
Hypothetically if this happened. I'd think it would make more sense if the 5 characters that came from the 3DS version are from Series that are generally more successful on the Handheld front. I'd expect one of those 5 to be a Pokemon, Perhaps a Wario character as well (Both Wario Land and WarioWare have pretty big Handheld roots). They could also add a character from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones or Mother 3 (That is other then Lucas of course).
Or maybe Ninten.

Drilbur said:
Northern Verve said:
Or maybe Ninten.

Maybe. But as much as I know you could argue that there are enough slight differences. Ninten just looks a little too much like Ness.

Northern Verve said:
Drilbur said:
Northern Verve said:
Or maybe Ninten.

Maybe. But as much as I know you could argue that there are enough slight differences. Ninten just looks a little too much like Ness.
Claus, perhaps?

I think 50 is perfect for the Wii U version and 20 or so for 3DS.

Also, I think that your idea is excellent, SM. I would definitely buy both versions if they did that. (though I plan on buying both versions anyway)

Drilbur said:
Northern Verve said:
Drilbur said:
Northern Verve said:
Or maybe Ninten.

Claus, perhaps?
I'd like to see Starfy. He's just so dang cute.

Back