Possible assist trophies

King Bulbin would make a pretty nasty Assist Trophy (In a good way).

To attack other enemies for you and be almost invincible?
Did you read the first part?
It's kinda rare to have a Final Smash after an Assist Trophy anyways(unless you put only Assist Trophies and Smash Balls as items), but I think the second part is unnecessary. You should be invincible during a Final Smash anyways, no need to actually have the ability to take away an Assist Trophy before its period of time 'till disappearance.

How about Alucard from Castlevania if Simon Belmont gets in? He can attack enemies with his sword and transform into a bat to fly around the stage.

Boidoh said:
Rosalina' if not playable.

Of course Rosalina is not going to be playable, even though I'd really like her to be.

I always thought of her as an Assist Trophy that could summon a Star Bit storm. If a Star Bit hits you while falling, it can cause some knockback, while it doesn't cause damage (like the Bumper). But, if you touch a Star Bit AFTER it falls to the ground, it can heal you.

Maxwell from Scribblenauts (creates items that dont harm the person who used the trophy. however, items that help the users but dont hurt anybody like mushrooms only work on them. and poison mushrooms shrink everyone except the user)

Magnus from Kid Icarus: Uprising (Slice and dice enemies)
Prince Fluff from Kirby's Epic Yarn (Can whip enemies with his yarn)
Tails in the Tornado from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Flies around and shoots enemies and his plane can be used as a platform)
Kamek from Yoshi's Island (Flies around the stage and sprays magic which gives random status effects to all of the players)
Byrne from Spirit Tracks (Can shoot magical projectiles and shoot his mechanical arm)
Louie from Pikmin 2 (Summons the Titan Dweevil to attack enemies)

Blue-Bandanna Waddle Dee! He's playable in Return to Dreamland, so why not an Assist in SSB4? He could walk around the stage, jabbing people with his spear!

Raphael the Raven
When Raphael appears, he starts ramming through the stage. Getting hit by him doesn’t hurt you, but has BIG knockback.

Anser said:
Boidoh said:

Of course Rosalina is not going to be playable, even though I'd really like her to be.

I always thought of her as an Assist Trophy that could summon a Star Bit storm. If a Star Bit hits you while falling, it can cause some knockback, while it doesn't cause damage (like the Bumper). But, if you touch a Star Bit AFTER it falls to the ground, it can heal you.
I wanted her to summon a giant Starshroom or bounce around in her force field

Majin Buu said:
Anser said:
Boidoh said:

I wanted her to summon a giant Starshroom or bounce around in her force field

I can't see Rosalina bouncing around. It's just not... her.

I figure I'd bump this now that we have more info on SSB4

With Megaman confirmed, I'm sure we'll at least get one or two Robot Masters as assist trophies.

Still would like to see Tails or Knuckles be one in the next game.

In terms of a Mega Man assist trophy, I'd rather it be a major recurring character than a one-off Robot Master. *ahem* But if that doesn't work out, Cut Man or Guts Man would work as they're some of the very few that make repeat appearances in one way or another.

Also, Tharja is really popular so I guess she can be one and attack people with her dark magic and hexes. i'd rather have owain though

Isn't Tharja almost entirely popular because of fanservice, though? Or maybe many people are really into mysterious women.

I've got a poster of Villager and you can see Isabelle in it, so she could be one. I'd say she'd either gives tips like Mr. Resetti or summon a Public Works Project a la Dr. Wright.

ThreeThousand said:
In terms of a Mega Man assist trophy, I'd rather it be a major recurring character than a one-off Robot Master. *ahem* But if that doesn't work out, Cut Man or Guts Man would work as they're some of the very few that make repeat appearances in one way or another.

Also, Tharja is really popular so I guess she can be one and attack people with her dark magic and hexes. i'd rather have owain though
Yeah, Tharja would be cool to see. Also, I think Lissa would be cool and when you get her she puts your health back to zero. Or Virion.....

For Animal Crossing, assuming Resetti doesn't return and they bring in someone new, I think they could do something cool with Luna from the Dream Suite. Like, the screen goes dark or something as you enter a dream.

if there's going to be an awakening assist, tharja, owain and lissa are really minor characters. lucina would make sense as an assist.

Back