Retsupurae

Yeah, it sure would suck if anybody could do that! Good thing nobody is.

Insanely trite sarcasm aside, yes. TGWTG produces fairly large revenues, and while have an hard time finding the source now (it was in one of the first interview he gave), Doug Walker said he gave up his previous job as an illustrator because the site was making enough from him to earn a living. I think Spoony is in the same situation.

Glowsquid said:
Yeah, it sure would suck if anybody could do that! Good thing nobody is.

Insanely trite sarcasm aside, yes. TGWTG produces fairly large revenues, and while have an hard time finding the source now (it was in one of the first interview he gave), Doug Walker said he gave up his previous job as an illustrator because the site was making enough from him to earn a living. I think Spoony is in the same situation.

Yeah, I know. I was saying that I didn't think he was just screaming at a camera and getting money for it. There's a certain element of humor involved too.

But I'm thinking that this whole debate basically amounts to different opinions on what's funny or not, and no amount of arguing is going to force anyone involved to change their views on that. I don't want to judge retsupurae based on one review that I disagreed with, so if I were to start watching/listening to them, what's a good episode/riff/review/thingy to start out with?

Nosferatu Man said:
what's a good episode/riff/review/thingy to start out with?
Well, this is the one that got me "hooked":

My personal favourite LP videos are

My favourite videos are the flash games and video riffs, though.

well most of my favourites have already been posted, but I really like these ones (very old, tho):

I really want that first one.

Anyone else been following the King's Quest V wrongpurae? The solution to the yeti puzzle is absolutely brilliant.

I find it amusing how Session 1 pt 2 has been uploaded for almost a week and already has two video responses that are solely the town theme done in Mario Paint.

It's even funnier that the Mario Paint versions sound better than the actual in-game music.

Finally got around to finishing session 2 and that yeti puzzle was seriously the greatest thing I've seen all week.

also relevant:

The ending to King's Quest V was hilarious. The sea monster was undoubtedly the best character in the game. That final boss fight was absolutely brilliant.

"Mordack would later go on to found Steam."

Also:

It took Graham ten minutes to notice that Cedric was dead or dying. He finally sorted out his priorities near the end of the game. I'm so proud of how far he came.

I honestly think that Gray-um wasn't that bad of a protagonist. Much better than Alexander or Mike Dawson, which isn't saying much, but still.

Also, that alternate ending was great. Just when you thought that town theme couldn't get any worse....

Graham wasn't an utter wreck of a protagonist, true, but he still grew on me near the end.

"OMG! You guys had me in stitches with your commentary. I remember them wanting it to be 'over the top'...and they got it. In my defense, an actors job is to give the client what they ask for. :) I must admit, we had lots of laughs along the way.
Keep up the good work."

- Paul Goddamned Eiding commenting on our Evil Zone video.

He got exactly what he deserved, but given how horrible the rest of the game is, I'm not surprised they asked specifically for him to overdo it.

Back