Bully (The Bully Project)

Dr. Javelin said:
Nosferatu Man said:
Koopa Kid said:
The thing about bullying in my school is that you could either beat the kid up(which will get you in trouble) or you could tell a teacher (whch will result with them calling you a wuss and letting them bully even more) Personally, I frigging don't know what to do.

Insult Dr. Javelin for trivializing your situation. It'll make you feel better.
Insulting me makes almost everything feel better. I should patent it as Javelin Therapy.

(don't worry I don't mind insults)

You could have them pay you for it.

Nosferatu Man said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Nosferatu Man said:
Koopa Kid said:
The thing about bullying in my school is that you could either beat the kid up(which will get you in trouble) or you could tell a teacher (whch will result with them calling you a wuss and letting them bully even more) Personally, I frigging don't know what to do.

Insult Dr. Javelin for trivializing your situation. It'll make you feel better.
Insulting me makes almost everything feel better. I should patent it as Javelin Therapy.

(don't worry I don't mind insults)

You could have them pay you for it.
ATTN: EVERYONE

INSULTING ME NOW COSTS MONEY

MY INSULTING YOU BACK IS COMPLIMENTARY

Cartoon Network is doing a thing about bullying:

Don't know if it'll help, especially with their current "image" of themselves.

Smashgoom202 said:
Cartoon Network is doing a thing about bullying:

Don't know if it'll help, especially with their current "image" of themselves.
This enforces the "don't fight, tell an adult" idea of dealing with bullying.

I find it sickening when people say "tell an adult." That DOESN'T work, it never has, and it probably never will. You get branded as a nark and that directly results in being bullied more. Weren't the people who promote tattle-tailing ever kids themselves? Don't they know the social consequences of snitching?

Even more disgusting is that bullies will tattle-tail ON THE PERSON THEY'RE BULLYING as another method of bullying, except they don't face the consequences of being called a snitch because all of their friends get in on the smear campaign.

In my experience, everything I've mentioned happens as early as 4th/5th grade, and then all the way through junior high and beyond.

Mason said:
I find it sickening when people say "tell an adult." That DOESN'T work, it never has, and it probably never will. You get branded as a nark and that directly results in being bullied more. Weren't the people who promote tattle-tailing ever kids themselves? Don't they know the social consequences of snitching?

Even more disgusting is that bullies will tattle-tail ON THE PERSON THEY'RE BULLYING as another method of bullying, except they don't face the consequences of being called a snitch because all of their friends get in on the smear campaign.

In my experience, everything I've mentioned happens as early as 4th/5th grade, and then all the way through junior high and beyond.
Apparently, all the bullies in the commercials have the mind of Swiper the Fox.

Adult or Bystander: Stop!
Bully: Okay, I'm sorry! I now know the error of my ways.

Reminds me of an episode of Animaniacs, where Skippy had a bully, and since the network was breathing down on Slappy for using violence, both they and Skippy's guidance counseler encouraged your standard ways of dealing with bullies, namely ignoring them, talking to them, befriending them, etc. The bully was pretty stupid, and needless to say, none of the methods worked until Skippy finally went to Slappy, and they basically blew him up with fireworks and turned him into a doormat in the process.

Smashgoom202 said:
Reminds me of an episode of Animaniacs, where Skippy had a bully, and since the network was breathing down on Slappy for using violence, both they and Skippy's guidance counseler encouraged your standard ways of dealing with bullies, namely ignoring them, talking to them, befriending them, etc. The bully was pretty stupid, and needless to say, none of the methods worked until Skippy finally went to Slappy, and they basically blew him up with fireworks and turned him into a doormat in the process.
Don't forget the Adventure Time episode "His Hero", where Finn and Jake try to use non-violence to help people, but they botch it. They later save an old lady with violence, and she says that they should help people with violence, because that's what they were born to do.
the old lady said:
and don't listen to old people.

I just got this e-mail sent to my via Change.org in regards of the movie's rating:

I have some amazing news to share.

Last month, I saw the new documentary, Bully, which reveals the raw and honest reality behind bullying in high schools and middle schools. I cried when I watched the movie because I was horribly bullied in middle school. That’s why I was shocked to find out that other young people like me might not be able to see the movie because the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) gave it an “R” rating.

Outraged, I started a petition on Change.org asking the MPAA to change the rating to PG-13. After more than half a million people signed -- including you! -- the MPAA agreed. When Bully is released on April 13, it will be rated PG-13, and the most controversial scene in the film will remain unchanged, reflecting the reality and brutality of bullying.

This happened because people like you -- 500,000 strong -- came together to say that we think the issue of bullying in schools is important, and if this movie can help, then kids should be able to see it. We were even joined by people like Ellen DeGeneres, Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees, Justin Bieber, and 35 members of Congress. My petition was covered by almost every major TV station and newspaper in America.

When I was bullied, I felt alone. But today I feel the power of half a million people standing beside me. Thank you so much.

- Katy

So, yeah, it's now PG-13, amazing.

Back