Masahiro Sakurai started working with SSB4

Let the impatience commence.

Evil Magikrazy said:
Hooray! Speculation time!

We've been speculating even when we knew the game hasn't even been developing. As soon as we know a new Smash Bros. game is coming up speculations will come up almost instantly after the announcement (There was even speculation before we knew a SSB4 was being made but all that was "If there's a next game")

Regardless, I don't mean any disrespect for those who were awaiting the Kid Icarus game for the 3DS. But I'm finally things are getting into the swing of things for the next Smash Bros. The sheer speculation before Brawl came out was the very reason I joined the internet in the first place. I can't wait to do it all-over again for the next game.

The Dojo may have been the first blog I ever followed and with good reason too. It really built up Brawl a lot.

So now's a good time to start spamming him with character suggetions, right? :P

But seriously, I hope they hold a poll of characters we want to see, and NOT just for Japan.

Nega-Man said:
And Reggie sent me a swapnote. Yay.

and I got a free stationery

I don't think Reggie will announce anything regarding Smash Bros. at least yet. It was telling us to see what Nintendo announces tomorrow. And I severely doubt that any of it will be Smash Bros. related.

Nega-Man said:
And Reggie sent me a swapnote. Yay.

and I got a free stationery

I think he did that to anyone in America who has Swapnote...too bad I won't be home in order to catch his news live.

On-topic: It's good to hear that this isn't just a rumor anymore.

Mario4Ever said:
I think he did that to anyone in America who has Swapnote...too bad I won't be home in order to catch his news live.

Yeah I know. He sent it to everyone in America. He's got the godly power to do that.

Well, why would it be a rumor? It was confirmed at E3 2011.

Nega-Man said:
Mario4Ever said:

Yeah I know. He sent it to everyone in America. He's got the godly power to do that.

Well, why would it be a rumor? It was confirmed at E3 2011.

If Nintendo says something, I consider it rumor until something semi-concrete emerges as a result of the statement.

Hell yes. Brawl and Melee are two of my favorite games, so I'm really looking forward to this. I'm glad that they're finally starting to work on it.

Professor Genki said:
Im so excited, i hope they have a site like smash bros dojo
For some reason, I get the feeling that the Smash Bros. Dojo will be taken down eventually and replaced with a new Smash Dojo that talks about the 3DS and Wii U games.

The Dojo sometimes was the only motivating force for me to stay up. I would wait until 3 AM just to await the update.

There were times where it really wasn't worth it. Like in November 2007 there really wasn't any noteworthy updates. One of them was the Banana item for crying out loud lol. Then again that did come a month after the exciting news that Sonic was going to be in the game.
:dk:

Oh yes, those were the days... Every day I woke up excited about what the Smash Bros. Dojo would have to offer now. Most of the time, I'd be disappointed with item reveals, and really, the only times I was excited was when they revealed a new character or new assist, or moves for new characters.

Smashgoom202 said:
Oh yes, those were the days... Every day I woke up excited about what the Smash Bros. Dojo would have to offer now. Most of the time, I'd be disappointed with item reveals, and really, the only times I was excited was when they revealed a new character or new assist, or moves for new characters.

But I think that was the fun of it all. Even if you ended up disappointed one day there might be a much more exciting one the next day. The point is that you don't know what you were going to get and that was the whole fun of checking the updates each day. As soon as all the Starter characters were known things of course slowed down but it sure was interesting to see characters like Pokemon Trainer and Ike (For a while Pokemon Trainer was giving everybody "WTF?! o_O" faces.)

That was the biggest... Well, SECOND biggest surprise I got out of that site. I seriously loved that idea choice, though, it was very unique, and allowed 3 playable Pokemon in one!

Northern Verve said:
The Dojo sometimes was the only motivating force for me to stay up. I would wait until 3 AM just to await the update.

There were times where it really wasn't worth it. Like in November 2007 there really wasn't any noteworthy updates. One of them was the Banana item for crying out loud lol. Then again that did come a month after the exciting news that Sonic was going to be in the game.
:dk:

YOU MUST RECOVER!!!

Blah, anyway I'm excited for this new Super Smash Bros. game. Like always. I hope it's better than Brawl.

I just waited until the next day to read the updates. Don't see the point in staying up.
...that and I was relatively young when Brawl was about to come out.

Back