The Hunger Games

I read the first book after hearing praise for it from everyone to whom I spoke, and while I was unable to put it down, I was not intrigued enough by its end to want to continue/finish the trilogy. I don't know if it's just my copy, but the book was riddled with grammatical errors that detracted from sentence meaning, and I thought that Peeta was underdeveloped (so the emerging romance halfway through was, IMO, mediocre).

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
Talk about the best book series on Earth here!

First book was great

Second book was okay

Third book was bad.

Not the best book series on Earth by a long shot. They kind of ran out of a plot after the Hunger Games ended in the first book.

It really wasn't the "next Harry Potter" that people kept saying it was.

Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
It really wasn't the "next Harry Potter" that people kept saying it was.

People seriously called it that?

Have you read the Children of the Red King series? That's the only one in recent memory that would merit being the "next Harry Potter," to some extent, anyway. I've never liked how fickle the public seems whenever a new book or movie is released (they're all "the next [insert series here]" or "the number one film in [insert country here]").

Ummm...the series is good, but not that good, not by a longshot. (If you really want to read an epic series, read the Song of Ice and Fire books). Anyways, the only reason why I read the Hunger Games is because of the author's previous series Gregor the Overlander (which I also think is better). There's just enough violence and death to make me interested, which is not surprising considering that the author
has a long, long history of killing of all of her characters.

Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
Well, they've been calling everything the next Harry Potter.
Adjectives to avoide.

Nosferatu Man said:
DragonFreak said:
enough violence and death to make me interested

Because it's only worth reading if it's bloody and violent!!

DragonFreak said:
Adjectives to avoide.

spelling errors to avoide, too.
The first one: No, it doesn't have to, but it sure does help.
The second one: I'm such a terrible speller.

i've never read the books myself, but one of my friends was talking about wanting to see the movie

i didn't know anything about it at first i thought he was a vore fetishist so i started to make fun of him but joke was on me :'(

Banjo said:
Meh, I liked it, but I prefer the dark humor of the Series of Unfortunate Events books better.

Same...I never thought Jim Carrey would make such a damn good Olaf.

I love the Hunger Games! The series kept me addicted for quite awhile.

Back