Adventure Time (spoilers)

Oh man, that episode was amazingly twisted. The depiction of depression was really well done, and a natural continuation of where "The Tower" left off.

My bro blabbed that Finn and LSP kissed, but holy crap, I was expecting the same sorta peck that Finn had been naively calling "making out" like with the others, but nope: she's so depraved, of course she'd go for more, and Finn's so numb with depression, he just lets her. One sexy discretion shot later and the petal falls off, and while Finn's still clothed and they're in separate sleeping bags / logs, so he's probably only been inducted into the realm of actual make-outs, still, it's totally G-rated deflowering. Holy crap! And then he locks it away in the vault: just the petal, or the whole practically-coerced ordeal? Ahhh, it's just so dark!

Breezy was an interesting oneshot character, too: she starts off wanting Finn for his flower and never really loses that, but feelings for him get mixed in too, so it's interestingly screwed up. And she gives up her virgin queen bee status for him, and he's just like "nope, keeping it casual" and it's like "whaaaat". Then LSP happens to him (bigger "whaaaaaat"), and then Breezy comes back but Finn sees PB instead (the shadow stays the same, tho) - ouch, but she gets her flower in typical Adventure Time last-second twist, so she's happy at least.

Seeing as the Grass Sword didn't last long, I wasn't expecting Finn to be armless for long either: didn't expect it to be grown back this way, tho. And what's that thorn in the palm of his hand? Ahhh, I wanna know!

Also, as a P.S. to the old dicussion:

PB could have known Martin (or at least known of him) before he did whatever he did to get sent to the Citadel. Dunno why that possibility didn't occur to me for so long...

Walkazo said:
Oh man, that episode was amazingly twisted. The depiction of depression was really well done, and a natural continuation of where "The Tower" left off.

My bro blabbed that Finn and LSP kissed, but holy crap, I was expecting the same sorta peck that Finn had been naively calling "making out" like with the others, but nope: she's so depraved, of course she'd go for more, and Finn's so numb with depression, he just lets her. One sexy discretion shot later and the petal falls off, and while Finn's still clothed and they're in separate sleeping bags / logs, so he's probably only been inducted into the realm of actual make-outs, still, it's totally G-rated deflowering. Holy crap! And then he locks it away in the vault: just the petal, or the whole practically-coerced ordeal? Ahhh, it's just so dark!

Breezy was an interesting oneshot character, too: she starts off wanting Finn for his flower and never really loses that, but feelings for him get mixed in too, so it's interestingly screwed up. And she gives up her virgin queen bee status for him, and he's just like "nope, keeping it casual" and it's like "whaaaat". Then LSP happens to him (bigger "whaaaaaat"), and then Breezy comes back but Finn sees PB instead (the shadow stays the same, tho) - ouch, but she gets her flower in typical Adventure Time last-second twist, so she's happy at least.

Seeing as the Grass Sword didn't last long, I wasn't expecting Finn to be armless for long either: didn't expect it to be grown back this way, tho. And what's that thorn in the palm of his hand? Ahhh, I wanna know!

Also, as a P.S. to the old dicussion:

PB could have known Martin (or at least known of him) before he did whatever he did to get sent to the Citadel. Dunno why that possibility didn't occur to me for so long...
I think
finn got laid

Sylveon said:
Am I the only one who hates lumpy space princess and cinnamon bun?
I hate LSP's voice, but she's an OK character. Whereas Cinnamon Bun is just plain annoying, especially in "Another Five More Short Graybles" where anything mildly dark is "too dark" and anything perfectly normal is "too bright". Speaking of ' too', I watched 'Too Old'. WTF at that episode.

I love LSP's voice - it's so funny, and terribly amusing to mimic. I find her interesting too as a character, with her very skewed perspectives on relationships and stuff, so sometimes you relate with her (like the haunted house episode), but sometimes she's kinda terrible (the epitome being "Breezy", but it was amazing how dark the show got there, so I fully loved every creepy-ass second of it).

Never cared much for Cinnamon Bun: didn't love him, didn't hate him, and am perfectly fine that they demoted him to extra as Flame Princess's knight.

Actually, that was when he became a decent character, instead of primarily shallow comic relief. Besides, that relationship was never going to recover anyway: Finn torched his chances with her quite thoroughly ("he blew it").

Walkazo said:
Actually, that was when he became a decent character, instead of primarily shallow comic relief. Besides, that relationship was never going to recover anyway: Finn torched his chances with her quite thoroughly ("he blew it").
Yeah, with the whole dream thing...yeah.

Well this is a great chance to focus more on Finns adventures and jake as well instead of love interests.

I watched the first part of Lemonhope.
The best part was that video called "Hello! And keep away from Castle Lemongrab!", especially when that random Lemon Person dressed as Lemonhope was pushed off a cliff by a stick. I honestly couldn't stop laughing.

Super Smash Yoshi said:
I watched the first part of Lemonhope.
The best part was that video called "Hello! And keep away from Castle Lemongrab!", especially when that random Lemon Person dressed as Lemonhope was pushed off a cliff by a stick. I honestly couldn't stop laughing.
Yeah. The Lemonhope saga(can I call it a saga?) was funny and emotional.

No, it was really sad. I don't want Peebs to sing for me again, in case the beauty eliminates all of my non-crying emotions.

Emote? I never emote. I HAVE NO SOUL!

Seriously though on topic. Anyone excited for Evergreen? More Ooo backstory is always welcome in my book.

New episodes are airing this week: I've seen the first two (major spoilers below), and am major pumped to see more.

A crack episode to be sure, but it guest-starred Billy West doing his Fry, Zapp Brannigan and Prof. Farnsworth voices in a clear Futurama homage, which was great.
Jake re-dreams Prismo back to life via. Homestuck-esque alternate-self and time travel shenanigans. I have mixed feelings since I love Prismo, but I also feel like him coming back undermines how crushingly sad his death was... But anyway, that's not the only overarching plot progression to be had here - we finally got to see Finn's hand-thorn again, after that initial split-second glimpse in "Breezy", and then his alternate self explodes into the PB sword he fever-dreamed about in that same episode. As Finn puts it (in shock), "I'm the sword" - so many things that could mean. He also got a good mini-speech about how sometimes you think someone's cool n' stuff but never become friends for one reason or another, which is SO TRUE.

Walkazo said:
New episodes are airing this week: I've seen the first two (major spoilers below), and am major pumped to see more.

A crack episode to be sure, but it guest-starred Billy West doing his Fry, Zapp Brannigan and Prof. Farnsworth voices in a clear Futurama homage, which was great.
Jake re-dreams Prismo back to life via. Homestuck-esque alternate-self and time travel shenanigans. I have mixed feelings since I love Prismo, but I also feel like him coming back undermines how crushingly sad his death was... But anyway, that's not the only overarching plot progression to be had here - we finally got to see Finn's hand-thorn again, after that initial split-second glimpse in "Breezy", and then his alternate self explodes into the PB sword he fever-dreamed about in that same episode. As Finn puts it (in shock), "I'm the sword" - so many things that could mean. He also got a good mini-speech about how sometimes you think someone's cool n' stuff but never become friends for one reason or another, which is SO TRUE.
Everything Jake was something. But "Is That You" was completely cool and well though out.

While Prismo's death was sad. His return was quite heartwarming. Also when Jake became Old Man Prismo my brain shut down from confusion.

Back