Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

SonicMario

Star Spirit

Opening a thread for my favorite Nick show of all time. I even prefer it to Early Spongebob. Because just about everything about it was Top-Notch. With excellent characters, excellent animation, excellent music, and much much more.

We can use this thread for Legend of Korra (The upcoming Sequel series) as well. But that show's been delayed quite a bit lately and last I heard it wasn't going to air until 2013.

If you'd like to see the episodes again. Or have always been curious and would like to start seeing the show. Every single episode can be found here. (Linked to Page 4 because that's where Episode 1 is located. All 60 other episodes can be found by clicking "Newer Entries)

I'd like to avoid talk on the Live Action Movie. As we all know that wasn't exactly a success (And I'm putting even that lightly). I'll just say my opinion that, yes it was a Bad Movie. But it wasn't COMPLETELY horrible. It was going to be very tricky to put 20 episodes of content in a 2-hour movie no matter what they could have done. They didn't execute alot of things very well. But I personally don't think it was the worst movie ever. Again I'm saying it was a bad movie still, but not nearly as bad as some people say it is.

So go ahead and sound off about your favorite characters, moments/episodes from the Series

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Oh man, I love this show. Everything about it was top-notch.

I'd say Sokka was my favorite character. As for favorite episode...man, I'm not sure. Possibly Jet or the one with Teo. There were a lot of episodes I liked.

Coincidentally (?) I just watched this entire series a week or so ago. It was p. cool.

The best character is Iroh, followed by Toph.

AND THE BEST EPISODE IS "THE EMBER ISLAND PLAYERS".

Also if you answered the poll you're welcome to say why you said that.

I chose Waterbender because it seemed like having the ability to control water and/or liquids would be a great asset. And I'd imagine pretty fun. And it's not like Waterbenders aren't defenseless. As they can turn water into sharp icicles anytime they wanted. I'm afraid I'd accidentally burn something of my own property or another person if I was a Firebender, I'm a little too afraid of heights for Airbending. And Earthbending for the most part (Except for people like Toph) seems to favor people who are more bulky.

happy-iroh.jpg

Uncle Iroh wins.

The poll clearly needs an "Uncle Iroh" option.

Decided to watch it again on Netflix, on season 3 right now.

Iroh and Toph were definitely the best in my book.

Also, I'd say either earth or airbender.

I voted for water because... I like water better than those other things.

apocalypseArisen said:

wooo brofist

I'd choose waterbending as well, if mostly for the healing abilities. The ability to heal is itself already pretty useful, even without the whole doing fancy shit with water and insta-freezing going on.

I'm a airbending guy, personally.

carcinoGeneticist said:
apocalypseArisen said:

wooo brofist

Ah yes, Iroh and Toph were awesome too.

I agree Iroh was pretty darn awesome. I think he's one of the best Elder characters in Western Animation history. He was funny, wise, inspiring, and not to mention he could shoot and redirect lightning.

His part in the Ba Sing Se tales episode was always one of my favorite Iroh moments.

Northern Verve said:
I agree Iroh was pretty darn awesome. I think he's one of the best Elder characters in Western Animation history. He was funny, wise, inspiring, and not to mention he could shoot and redirect lightning.

His part in the Ba Sing Se tales episode was always one of my favorite Iroh moments.
It's a long-long way to Ba Sing Se. But the girls in the city are oh so pretty.

Is that how that song went?

Cell said:
Northern Verve said:

No, it was the Little Soldier Boy song. It's one of the most touching and saddest moment of the series because Iroh is singing in memoriam to his dead son who died in a previous Ba Sing Se battle that took place before the series.

Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile, tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

It's just so sad to hear Iroh tear up while singing this song at the end of his part of the episode :'(

Yes, this was such an amazing series and it even got the emotional parts right. The action was exciting and the plot was well-executed. Even my grandma watched it (though my mom hates it.)
On the subject of Legend of Korra, I've seen some clips of it (and saw old Katara and who I think was Zuko) but I'm kind of worried that it won't live up to the original's legacy.

Loved it. It got kind of dumb towards the end though with ass-pulls like metal bending and taking away the emperor's bending.

Northern Verve said:
Cell said:
Northern Verve said:

No, it was the Little Soldier Boy song. It's one of the most touching and saddest moment of the series because Iroh is singing in memoriam to his dead son who died in a previous Ba Sing Se battle that took place before the series.

Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile, tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

It's just so sad to hear Iroh tear up while singing this song at the end of his part of the episode :'(
It's been a while since I watched that show, but this reminded me of it.

I loved that episode

I've been seeing the show again recently. I'm about 12 episodes into Season 1. I'm reminded again how much I like this show besides the things I already said in the first post in this thread. Like some continuity nods and the character interaction.

Also things like the Jet episode run pretty deep. He lost his parents to the Fire Nation when he was 8 and he swears vengeance enough that he almost wipes out an entire Earth Kingdom town that although it did have Fire Nation soldiers it would of killed innocent men, women, and children. Plus the fact that Jet just about abuses an old man who was just in fire nation clothing. If Sokka had not stopped him we would of witnessed Jet kicking the guy on the head. Geez.

Sorry for double posting, but supposedly Legend of Korra might be starting sometime in Spring of this year? That would be great news since that's not too far from now. I hope that's true. I'd finally have another show I can be excited to see the next episode for besides Friendship is Magic.

Also I've still been rewatching episodes. I just got to the end of the Day of the Black Sun 2-parter. So I'm almost finished with the series. Should see the rest tomorrow.

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (Legend of Korra starting in Spring?)

I am so excited for this. I've been waiting for months and months and months.

I chose Waterbender just because it seems like my kinda element. It'd sure be a lot more fun to go swimming.

Anyone seen the four clips they've released of it?

Discord said:
Anyone seen the four clips they've released of it?

Do you have the links to them? I've heard about them but I never bothered searching for some reason.

http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/60880-legend-of-korra-clips-leaked

Fire. Iroh and Zuka were awesome. Plus, Fire Nation is all steampunk-y.

I just finished seeing the entire series. God I love this show so much. Even the episodes that don't have all that progress are pretty darn entertaining to see again. Like the Ember Island Players or the Tales of Ba Sing Se for example.

It'd be redundant to say what I like about it so much as I have already pretty much done it in the front post of this thread. But really this is Nick's most recent Masterpiece for sure. And I can't wait to see how Legend of Korra does.

EDIT: Also Nabber, all those clips have been claimed off by Viacom for the exception of the trailer (God I hate that company's feud against their shows being put on Youtube. It's alright when they're taking down full episodes, but its stupid that they take videos that are just short clips or videos that the person who made the video did hard work to edit)

I'm just curious, what exactly do you think "isotope" actually means?

Back