Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
I think I will watch The Legend of Korra, if I have time and they air it here. This weekend in my country they have a marathon with every episode of Avater, but I have noticed something that bothers me. At the end of the intro they show the title, which is "Avatar: The Last Airbender, but in some later episodes the title strangely is "Avatar: The Legend of Aang".

the legend of aang is the european title, i believe

Elsa said:
the legend of aang is the european title, i believe
But why was it still called "Avatar: The Last Airbender" in every episode of the first book and the start of the second book?

ooh, is that fire nation i see? glad to see that we're FINALLY leaving republic city behind (i mean we went to the south pole, but we really didn't get to see much of the culture there...)

Elsa said:
...wait, weren't all of the dragons killed except for the original two?

I'm sure they managed to repopulate somehow. Come on, that idea is too cool to not use later on in the series.

Purple Yoshi said:
Elsa said:
...wait, weren't all of the dragons killed except for the original two?

I'm sure they managed to repopulate somehow. Come on, that idea is too cool to not use later on in the series.
yeah just like appa managed to repopulate despite literally being the last air bison in the world

I think they said they found a colony of sky bison in hiding or something afterwards, but, yeah, it was a bit of a cop-out.

Purple Yoshi said:
I think they said they found a colony of sky bison in hiding or something afterwards, but, yeah, it was a bit of a cop-out.
Yeah, it was explained in the comics that Aang found another heard. Normally I'd call this out as a Deus Ex Machina, but the series practically runs on those.

GalacticPetey said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Yeah, it was explained in the comics that Aang found another heard. Normally I'd call this out as a Deus Ex Machina, but the series practically runs on those.
you know what avatar pulled deus ex machina's but they were relatively few in number and usually made sense/were ideas introduced before. korra just pulls things out of nowhere

I still don't understand how Azula was able to attack Aang in the avatar state at the end of Book 2. Shouldn't he have seen it coming and be able to deflect it or something?

No. He couldn't see her, and his focus was on the people in front of him. There's also the fact that he doesn't fully have a handle on the Avatar State at that point.

I could just imagine if anyone got to that point in an abridged series, they should make Aang say "all-powerful form my ass!"

They should abridge it. Also do you think avatar state aang could destroy a planet? Cause he could probably split it in half with earth bending is what I think.

Back