V2W: Forum's Choice II (Champion Celebration, Stats, Voter Awards, Etc.)

Re: V2W: Forum's Choice II (Semifinals: Proto Man Vs. Rarity)

Twist said:
Proto Man:13
Rarity:12

fixed, i think

Proto Man: 13
Rarity: 13

Vocal Beat said:
Proto Man: 14
Rarity: 12

Surprise!
LEGITIMATELY SURPRISING VOTE CHANGE

now watch a proto man supporter switch to rarity

Re: V2W: Forum's Choice II (Last 1-Day Hiatus)

It was a back and forth battle. And had many unique voters come around. But Proto Man advances to the Championship and will be pitted against Dick Gumshoe on Sunday! For now we reach the last break before the game reaches it's climatic conclusion. Here are the standings. Only 2 series receive bonuses this time. The ones of the 2 Finalists.

SERIES STANDINGS
1. KIRBY | 287 POINTS
2. MEGAMAN | 282 POINTS
3. MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC | 265 POINTS
4. HOMESTUCK | 220 POINTS
5. STAR WARS | 217 POINTS
6. ACE ATTORNEY | 173 POINTS
7. SONIC | 171 POINTS
8. PORTAL | 167 POINTS
9. POKEMON ANIME CHARACTERS | 156 POINTS
10. MARIO | 147 POINTS
11. MOTHER 3 | 124 POINTS
12. PIKMIN | 121 POINTS
13. BANJO-KAZOOIE | 105 POINTS
14. METROID | 85 POINTS
15. LEGEND OF ZELDA | 78 POINTS
16. GOD OF WAR | 67 POINTS
17. WARIOWARE | 47 POINTS
18. ANIMANIACS | 46 POINTS
19. FUTURAMA | 44 POINTS
20. SPYRO | 43 POINTS
21. CHRONO TRIGGER | 41 POINTS
22. COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG | 33 POINTS
23. STAR TREK (Original Series) | 17 POINTS
24. RED VS BLUE | 10 POINTS

Here are of course the 2 finalists of the game. Out of 120 characters. You have chosen these 2 to be pitted against eachother for the ultimate glory of being the Champion of Forum's Choice II

Dick_Gumshoe_GK2.png
Proto%20Man--article_image.jpg

If you'd like you can discuss the upcoming match that will start Sunday. Start your support, talk about something we can do in the aftergame. We're only 48 hours from the end of this game. But after which the Champion celebration and the Voter awards will return to reward those who were loyal voters throughout much of the game.

Smasher said:
I actually considered doing that but I realized I couldn't vote for the losing side either way

proto man is overrated imo. and it would be kind of awesome if gumshoe actually somehow won this.

Crazy Jane said:
Smasher said:
I actually considered doing that but I realized I couldn't vote for the losing side either way

you still didn't

Smasher said:
proto man is overrated imo. and it would be kind of awesome if gumshoe actually somehow won this.

Crazy Jane said:
Smasher said:

you still didn't
Why you gotta be so hurt full Smasher

I don't know.

BTW not that huge of a deal. But this thread is almost bigger then Forum Choice I's thread. And even then at this point the Celebration was going on in Page 86 of that thread.

I'm going to love and hate this final round.

Hey MS, tomorrow, before the final, could we do a matchup between Metaknight and Rarity (for 3rd place) as a penultimate battle before the final?

I actually think that's a good idea. Maybe even do it now.

QuizmoManiac said:
Hey MS, tomorrow, before the final, could we do a matchup between Metaknight and Rarity (for 3rd place) as a penultimate battle before the final?

Nah I don't think so. Meta Knight and Rarity's place in the standings will be determined how many votes they got in every one of their matchups. They are guaranteed 3rd and 4th place. If somehow their point count is tied. Then Meta Knight would take third because Kirby did better in the Series Standings then FiM did.

Smashgoom202 said:
Alright, I'm sorry, I'll stop.

i've heard better lies

So yeah I think Proto Man is overrated but then again I can't really say anything never playing Mega Man.

Quizmo's logic about Gumshoe having more votes when Proto Man was absent is probably going to ring true in the end. Proto Man has had the longest win streak (pending Samus overtaking him soon hopefully) in Champion vs. Challenger and I'm pretty sure most of the Mega Man fans here like him enough to vote him. This seems to be shaping up to be an awesome match. I'm fine with either side winning, so I guess I have a little less interest than last game, but w/e.

Hey, Rarity voters, want revenge on Proto Man? Vote Gumshoe, pal!

Gumshoe has to take this. He's come so far.

Per the above three statements.

(lol when this started I didn't even know who he was and then I played AA and he became my third favorite character in this (behind Edgeworth and Meowth)

Re: V2W: Forum's Choice II (Championship: Dick Gumshoe Vs. Proto Man)

And the fateful day has arrived! We will finally have our grand champion of the 2nd Forum's Choice games. You have picked these 2 out of a grand cast of 120 characters. And it is now time to decide amongst yourselves on who should bear the fruit of their hard work getting here. And which one will end in the disappointment of getting so close, yet so far. The matchup starts now. But why not have a little bit of a look back on both competitor's journeys?

DICK GUMSHOE
Gumshoe's road to the Championship began as all 120 characters did as being nominated to their respective series count of 5 characters. Ace Attorney was the 7th of the 14 new series. Unfortunately it didn't look good for Ace Attorney from the very first matchups. As the main character Phoenix Wright had the bad luck of drawing Kirby in the first round and was blatantly curbstomped by 11 votes. A few days later Miles Edgeworth would soften the blow though it comparatively had less votes then the majority of FCII matches had. Ema Skye ended up being easily beat by Dr. Eggman and Damon Gant fell to Dave Strider. Only Dick Gumshoe had a fairly competitive win and it even lasted 2 days. Gumshoe's oppenent was Terezi, one of the popular trolls of Homestuck. Funnily enough it landed on the same day that another OT resulted between Moneybags and Kumatora. Leading Dick Gumshoe's match to be on a day where 5 matches went on at once. The highest amount of matches in one day at any point in the game. Anyway, on that day Dick Gumshoe advanced by 3 votes.

In Round 2, Dick Gumshoe went against Brock. Although it was expected to be rather close. As Brock was a contender in a previous Vote to Win hosted by Smasher. Gumshoe defeated him 13-6 in what was his most dominating match. Because in all his matches on, he would never win by more then 2 votes. His opponent in Round 3 was Luke Skywalker of Star Wars which was a series that managed to do very well in the game. Gumshoe managed to beat Luke by 2 Votes and in Round 4 would meet yet another Star Wars character in Darth Vader in which it was even harder for Gumshoe to take the victory as only a Vote change secured his victory. In the Quartefinals. Dick Gumshoe went against Waluigi surprisingly the only Mario character in the game to do do very well but Gumshoe again persevered and defeated Waluigi by 2 votes. Now the only one standing in his way of the Final was Meta Knight who had previously beaten the BYE Winner Kirby in the Quarterfinals. A Timely vote change again helped him in the end and he secured his spot in the Finals.

It's pretty clear that Gumshoe has been the Dark Horse of this competition. He was the only Ace Attorney character left after Round 3 ended and because of that he alone had to basically carry what would of been a 10-12th spot in the standings to what is now a Sixth spot. Even if Gumshoe wins the Championship, this means Ace Attorney will still be allowed to have one character return. Besides that, many of Dick Gumshoe's opponents were characters that did very well in the game or had been known to do well based on other games. Can Gumshoe rely on this to topple Proto Man for the Championship?

PROTO MAN
Proto Man's road to the Finals began as he was nominated with the Mega Man series into the game. It was only the 3rd new series nominated but it's nomination made sure things would be interesting. Unlike Gumshoe, Proto Man's road was relatively more easy. It only got bumpy in Round 3 and Beyond for him. But Proto Man was already known as being pretty popular among the forums. As Megaman is one series that has tons of fans. In the first round: Roll, Mega Man, Dr. Wily, and Proto Man all advanced. The only character that didn't make it pass the first round of the Megaman series was Bass who was up against Olimar. And Roll, Mega Man, and Proto Man all had easy First Round victories. In Fact, Proto Man's victory in particular was a shutout against Sparx of Spyro. An absolute no contest 14-0 win.

In Round 2, the Mega Man series didn't falter all that much. Roll fell to Gruntilda in a rather laidback match where only 8 people voted. But Mega Man, Protoman, and Dr. Wily each advanced once again. Proto Man's opponent was Ghor of Metroid. A series that without Samus just lost it's appeal with the voters. And while it wasn't a shutout. 10-5 isn't really that much of a close match. It's Round 3 where it got exceedingly harder for the Mega Man series. Dr. Wily fell to Yoda early on and Proto Man and Mega Man advanced on very close matches. Proto Man managed to escape defeat or OT with The President of the Pikmin series by merely one vote. It didn't get much easier after which, in Round 4 Proto Man went against Derpy Hooves. The match was close enough that it could of gone either way but again Proto Man triumphed by one vote. Mega Man wasn't as lucky but he managed to last 3 Days against the BYE Winner Kirby before he too fell by one vote. In the Quarterfinals, he had a matchup that was the closest since Round 2 to Proto Man having a breather and even so it was anything but going against Meowth who was also being a Dark Horse by being the last character left of the Pokemon Anime who had all of it's characters except for Meowth down by the end of Round 3. The end result was 13-9, still fairly close enough but was Proto Man's biggest margin in quite a little while. Proto Man's last opponent before heading into the Finals was Rarity and what might have been his toughest matchup of the entire game thus far. It was back and forth for quite a while during the game. The match almost ended up going to OT but a vote change at the last second sealed Proto Man's place in the Championship.

All in all, while Proto Man certainly had an easy route early in the game and his series is already promised the Top spot in the standings. He's not exactly the super-favorite. Gumshoe will provide a challenge for him. And I believe that like most of the matches these 2 have had. It will come down right to the wire.

V2W: FORUM'S CHOICE II CHAMPIONSHIP

Dick_Gumshoe_GK2.png
VS
Proto%20Man--article_image.jpg

Dick Gumshoe: 0
Proto Man: 0

Re: V2W: Forum's Choice II (Championship: Dick Gumshoe Vs. Proto Man)

Gumshoe: 1
Proto Man: 0

Back