Does anyone else not like third party characters in SSB?

Crocodile Dippy said:
You're not really saying anything that makes sense at this point, but that's to be expected since your reasoning for opposing his inclusion is fucking stupid.

Get off his back, he doesn't like Solid Snake and that's that. You could've avoided an argument if you didn't rage after the one sentence "*coughsolidsnakecough*"

I like playing as Snake sometimes, his move set is sorta unique. Sonic's move set is too but I've sorta played as him so much I feel I should use other haracters more often.

Crocodile Dippy said:
You're not really saying anything that makes sense at this point, but that's to be expected since your reasoning for opposing his inclusion is fucking stupid.
Dude, if he doesn't like Snake, he doesn't like Snake. Don't start hating him for not liking a character. It's like you're saying "You hate a character that I like, and for that you are the worst person ever"

He outright stated the inclusion of Solid Snake was a horrible decision, which it most certainly wasn't by any standards. Even so, his reasoning for this claim was terrible.

Read my comments before playing white knight, you'll look less foolish that way.

He said he was horrible then corrected himself by stating thats just what he thought. He said he didn't like the character and you still didn't get off his back about it. It's like you were trying to start a Flame War again.

I mean, people are allowed to have characters they don't like in a game. What about Honey Queen? Everybody complained about that and I didn't see you fucking with them. You look like a fucking idiot trying to start a fight so stop.

I didn't argue there because I didn't care enough about the subject to debate it. I care about this subject. Don't accuse me of trying to start a flame war; I just calls 'em like I sees 'em, and Toad85 was being stupid with his statement about Solid Snake.

If you don't like the way he plays, then that's fine. But opposing his inclusion solely because you think his personality is bad (which is hilarious if you haven't even played the original games) is a terrible opinion. Fighter games are not and have never been about characterization and personality, they've just been about kicking ass in the silliest and most over-the-top of scenarios. That's how the genre works, get used to it.

Although you are right about one thing; I shouldn't have argued as long as I did about this, because it's pretty much a hopeless debate.

But giiiiuuuuuuuuyeessssss~~~~...CRAAAAAAAB BAAAAATTLEEEEE~~~ :'(

I think by 'as a person' he meant as a character. Just like I hate Jigglypuff & Diddy Kong as characters.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to Ganondorf kicking the bucket permanently.

Magus said:
Ganondorf isn't a third party character. This is a thread on third party characters, and the last time I checked, Ganondorf was made by Nintendo.

Brock said:
But giiiiuuuuuuuuyeessssss~~~~...CRAAAAAAAB BAAAAATTLEEEEE~~~ :'(
counter-balance the knife
quick slash
retract

apocalypseArisen said:
i wanna see more 3rd party characters and i hope they get rid of people like jigglypuff and toon link
fix'd

Evil Magikrazy said:
Magus said:
Ganondorf isn't a third party character. This is a thread on third party characters, and the last time I checked, Ganondorf was made by Nintendo.

He knows that. He just really dislikes the Ganondorf in Twilight Princess.

And Jigglypuff ain't that bad '3K :(

Northern Verve said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Magus said:

He knows that. He just really dislikes the Ganondorf in Twilight Princess.
Really dislikes is a bit of an understatement. But really, my main qualm is with the Zelda series being too in love with its past, and Ganondorf's an extension of it. If I were to play as a Zelda character, atm, I'd rather play as just Young Link from Majora's Mask with the Bunny Hood or Sheik with no Zelda, and not as one of the antiquated characters of Zelda's past.

I'd support Mega Man for SSB4.

I think that Sonic and Snake are kinda overrated. I like them both in their original games, though. And Mega Man in SSB4 would be nice, although he's Capcom. They put "eh"-characters in, when if we had things like Mega Man and other robots from MM, I have a feeling people would take a liking to third-parties more. Also having Roy back would be cool--

I'm more partial to which third party characters get in.

Aside from Mega Man, the only other third party character I would really like to see get in would be Banjo+Kazooie (even the series is pretty much dead, it would be pretty nice to see them in this game). I mean, most of their games (Mega Man and BK alike) were on Nintendo systems.

Gamefreak75 said:
I'm more partial to which third party characters get in.

Aside from Mega Man, the only other third party character I would really like to see get in would be Banjo+Kazooie (even the series is pretty much dead, it would be pretty nice to see them in this game). I mean, most of their games (Mega Man and BK alike) were on Nintendo systems.
True. I'm still waiting for Banjo-Threeie, by the way (Nintendo treated the series so much better).

I'm okay with one or two characters as "special guests", perhaps even three or four, but Super Smash Bros. should ultimately be a Nintendo mega crossover, and not an excuse to put ALL the Sonic the Hedgehog characters in the game as playable characters. :mad:

Smashgoom202 said:
I'm okay with one or two characters as "special guests", perhaps even three or four, but Super Smash Bros. should ultimately be a Nintendo mega crossover, and not an excuse to put ALL the Sonic the Hedgehog characters in the game as playable characters. :mad:
Yes, I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone want the following characters in Smash Bros. 4:
Tails
Knuckles
Amy
Dr. Robotnik
Shadow (even though he's already in the game)
Metal Sonic
Silver
Blaze
Vector
Big
Cream
Rouge
Omega
Espio
Charmy
Chip
Chaos